Author Topic: Another love promoting speech by the Dalai Lama, this time in Nagarjuna's birth  (Read 3324 times)

Galen

• Email

http://tibet.net/2014/01/15/his-holiness-the-dalai-lama-and-chattisgarh-cm-dr-raman-singh-inaugurate-seminar-on-nagarjunas-philosophy/

RAIPUR: His Holiness the Dalai Lama inaugurated a National Seminar on the Philosophy of Nagarjuna at Pt. Ravishankar Shulkla University in Raipur, Chattisgarh on 13 January 2014. Dr. Raman Singh, the chief minister of Chattisgarh state also attended the inauguration.

The three-day national seminar on Nagarjuna’s Philosophy was organised by the Ravishankar Shukla University, in collaboration with the Central University of Tibetan Studies, based in Sarnath.

Addressing the inauguration, His Holiness said, “Love, compassion are the only things that a human being should develop to become a good individual. Ultimate source of happiness is inner strength and self-confidence.”

“Knowledge in brain and experience in heart should come together. Non-violence does not mean doing nothing. It means no force no violence. I have faced a lot in my life. At 24, I lost my country; at 60 I have faced a lot of difficulties. But above all, one should be a good human being,” His Holiness said.

Extolling the rich cultural traditions of India, His Holiness urged the audience to promote Indian culture in the universities for a better understanding of the philosophies and teachings of the great Indian saints and teachers.

Chief Minister Dr Raman Singh, in his address, said,  Chhattisgarh  was fortunate to be the birthplace of Nagarjuna who was not only an eminent philosopher but also an alchemist, credited for the re-emergence of Rasa Shastra, a branch of Ayurveda.

The next day, on Tuesday 14 January, His Holiness the Dalai Lama visited the Chaanda Devi caves located near Sirpur,  on the banks of the Mahanadi river. Buddhist saint Nagarjuna is said to have meditated in these caves several centuries ago.

“This place is full of natural beauty. My guru Nagarjuna meditated here and I felt his presence here today. It was very peaceful,” His Holiness told reporters in Sirpur on Tuesday.

His Holiness the Dalai Lama also interacted with students at the ancient Laxman temple in Sirpur and also prayed at a Buddha shrine there.

The Dalai Lama again promoted love and compassion to the world and that people should develop these qualities in order to be a good individual. I can choose to call the Dalai Lama a hypocrite again as he is still imposing the Dorje Shugden ban onto his people. However, I choose to ignore that statement as it is always the same from the Dalai Lama.

I choose to look at the ending statement where the Dalai Lama said that Ultimate source of Happiness is inner strength and self confidence. In other words, the Dalai Lama is telling us to have inner strength and self confidence to practice what we believe in, in our case Dorje Shugden, in order to gain ultimate happiness. So, we must keep on moving forward in protesting against the ban until it is lifted. THe Dalai Lama is encouraging us!!! LOL.

What do you think?

dsiluvu

The Dalai Lama again promoted love and compassion to the world and that people should develop these qualities in order to be a good individual. I can choose to call the Dalai Lama a hypocrite again as he is still imposing the Dorje Shugden ban onto his people. However, I choose to ignore that statement as it is always the same from the Dalai Lama.

I choose to look at the ending statement where the Dalai Lama said that Ultimate source of Happiness is inner strength and self confidence. In other words, the Dalai Lama is telling us to have inner strength and self confidence to practice what we believe in, in our case Dorje Shugden, in order to gain ultimate happiness. So, we must keep on moving forward in protesting against the ban until it is lifted. THe Dalai Lama is encouraging us!!! LOL.

What do you think?

Hahaha... wonderful perspective Galen! I think you got it right :) Yes we can easily point the finger and easily say His Holiness does it again with his righteous speech but when we look beyond fault finding we could actually see there is another 2nd message he is sending out to us Dorje Shugden practitioners. Otherwise everything would seem so bleak.

But lately I have been noticing this a lot in HHDL speech. It would first appear to say negative about Dorje Shugden, but later on say it is also up to those who wish to listen to his advice or not. He makes it a free will choice, just like in His Lamrim teachings recently that officially launched the book discriminating Dorje Shugden practice. 

So yeah Dalai Lama, we will do as you say, we will have inner strength and self confidence to practice what we believe in, Dorje Shugden, in order to gain ultimate happiness. And wee thank you for your inspiration!

Big Uncle

This place of Nagarjuna's birth is very interesting and I would love to visit it one day. And I do recall someone posting that it would be great if a Dorje Shugden shrine were to be erected in the cave itself as Dorje Shugden is the protector of Lama Tsongkhapa's special Nagarjuna's view of emptiness. On the same note, the Hindus were not too happy with the Dalai Lama meditating in the caves. This is too bad.

I think it would be great if the Dalai Lama stop giving conflicting statements about suppressing Dorje Shugden practice on one hand and to the public, he talks about love, compassion and acceptance on the other hand. I have been thinking too that perhaps it is a sign from the Dalai Lama that we need to highlight Dorje Shugden's special qualities more and his validation with the other lamas to proof that the Dalai Lama is mistaken about Dorje Shugden. Nobody seems to want to talk against the Dalai Lama on this 'hypocrisy' so we go the other route of highlighting Dorje Shugden instead.