Author Topic: NEW ARTICLE! A commentary on Dorje Shugdens kawang!  (Read 21635 times)

Rihanna

Re: NEW ARTICLE! A commentary on Dorje Shugdens kawang!
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 05:20:27 PM »
I do this Dorje Shugden kawang daily, without fail ever since I found the English version. I know friends who have completed 10K of kawang recitation and I see their obstacles alleviated. Powerful and super effective. Personally it is very short to recite once you have memorised it. Would be fabulous if a group of people can do it together as a retreat. Imagine how strong the energy will be!

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2014, 04:14:25 PM »
The Kawano prayers of Dorje Shugden is absolutely powerful!
I have often heard from friends that they swear by the protector Kawang. Before practicing DS I am not sure what they mean. But now I totally agree with them and reciting it many times daily do help to clear obstacles. But most of all we must have the trust and faith in Dorje Shugden too!
He is an Enlightened Being!

Rihanna

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »
I was very fortunate to have received the oral transmission from a 'simple monk' in Taipei about 7 years ago. We were just talking in general and I mentioned to him that I am facing obstacles at work. It affected my general well being and even after I return home from work, I am too drained to do any prayers. Out of compassion for me, he gave me this kawang. It was hard for me to recite in the beginning as it is quite long. But after a few days it became much smoother and now I can recite it by heart. My problems in the office lessen and my position became more stabilised because my supervisor found out that it was actually my co-worker who back stabbed me. I have shared this kawang with a few of my friends and they reported the same results.

Big Uncle

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2014, 04:06:52 PM »
Excellent, thank you.

By offering the harshest parts of life, because the Protector experiences them as the nature of the union of bliss and emptiness, by recognizing this we are creating the cause to transform the harshest realities into a profound experience of bliss and emptiness. I believe that while it is important to empower this practice with the 4 opponent powers, the true power of this practice comes from the union of our mind and the Protector. At the conclusion, having generated he power of promise/determination, it is essential to believe we have purified the negative karma completely, and not only dwell in a confidence that we've achieved complete purity, but to rest our intellectual thoughts in the actual union of our mind and the Protector.

For example, in the fire pujas we say at the end of the substance offerings Shanting Kuruye Soha, meaning 'everything becomes purified in emptiness'. In fire puja we realize that the real fire puja is the actual experience of emptiness. Likewise, in practices such as Samayavajra we conclude the purification with not just conviction we have accomplished complete purity, but we experience union with the three doors of Guru Samayavajra.

So here, we can understand that by saying "In the unobservable emptiness of the three spheres" we are meant to rest in the actual experience of this emptiness, not just recite or think it. Also, that this emptiness is not separate from the Guru's nature.

Hence, just as Kachen Yeshe Gyaltsen in his commentary shows that all our practices point to the union of our mind and the Guru in the nature of the dharmakaya, this practice here is reminding us to rest in this union, for it is the ultimate purification.

Thanks again Admin, excellent work as usual!

Thank you. That was a neat addendum to the article. Yes, having faith in the protector and uniting our minds with him. We realized that he abides in emptiness, we are able to purify our negativities and obstacles in the state of emptiness as well. This is very neat and is very much like some of the great purification rituals that utilizes Heart Sutra recitation and remembrance of the core teaching on emptiness and we invoke upon the fact that everything abides in emptiness that we are able to 'dissolve' our obstacles, so to speak. Thank you as that adds to the understand and practice of kawang.

dsiluvu

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2014, 10:27:30 AM »
Doing Kawang is so amazing! Every time I feel I am going through a hard time and feeling stuck, panic or unstable, I do Kawang... and then everything else just falls in to place! It is magical and powerful I must admit.

Yes of course we need our Guru samayas cleans, our faith in protector strong and like all prayers, we need to make sure we put in the effort to make things happen.

I feel so blessed to have come across Dharma and such wonderful amazing practices and getting to know Dorje Shugden as my Protector. I so grateful for this merit to be able to receive such a wonderful practice where it gives us a path to transform and be united with the divine.

Thank you Admin for always pouring the nectar of Dharma in us, with more knowledge, our faith grows, stabilizes and becomes immutable like a vajra as we become one with our Guru/Yidam/Dharma Protector  ;)