Author Topic: We are so important, our problems matter: WSS’s new campaign  (Read 11909 times)

DharmaSpace

Re: We are so important, our problems matter: WSS’s new campaign
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 09:00:41 AM »
I watched a lot of the demonstration videos, calling His Holiness a liar or lying, from a person who does not know tibetan buddhism the manner in which the demonstration was conducted peaceful though it was, it does not paint a good image for all parties concerned. And such tactics I think most outsiders will not take the demonstration seriously.

Putting something down so that we can be right, or so our view gets to the top, has limited success IMHO.

How many people have started doing Dorje Shugden as a direct result of the demonstrations, that they feel in awe that justice is being served? Is buddhism about being right? It would be interesting to know if such information exists.

@tenzin sungrab are you also heartspoon?

Anyways I think if a method does work we should point it out. The lamas like Gangchen Rinpoche and Gaden trisur has results why stay on the same method over and over again. The DS website has results, they have come up with different strategies video, graphic novel, pendants..... You cant do the same thing and expect different results that is madness, unless the new demos uses different words or tactics, or even focus groups. All I am saying demonstration won't get you new symphatizers or new people who will endear you to the cause.   

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 01:12:26 PM »
No, I am not also heartspoon. lol

One thing to remember- it was not just Western NKT monks who joined the protests...

Without dropping names, I know of a few very respected monks and at least one high Tulku who participated.

I also do not 100% agree with the tactics, but many Tibetans I know are very greatful for these actions. Geshe Kelsang Gyatso is HUGELY respected here at Shar Gaden in part due to his brave actions in standing up to the TGIE machine.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 02:11:45 PM »
Hi Losang Tenpa,
How do you make your voice heard about the Dorje Shudgen issue?

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 03:25:39 PM »
Actually I am not sure I really use my 'voice'. lol

What I do is stand in solidarity with my Dharma brothers.
Due to this I too have experienced a bit of discrimination....and it only makes me love my brothers here even more. There is no suffering I wouldn't endure for these monks (at least that is the mind I am trying to generate).

If I have my way, I will never leave their side. 

Not all of us have the opportunity to put ourselves out there like that, which I why I have learned to respect all of the varied ways people are fighting against this ban....even the ways I don't completely agree with.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 02:02:23 PM »
I see thanks for sharing, yes sticking with one's dharma brothers and sisters is important in the event of crisis. We should not abandon your friends in lean times and only enjoy the good times together.

Through your posting here you are making yourself heard and I do thank you for that.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2015, 12:16:48 PM »
I fully agree with what Losang Tenpa has written here, it makes total sense. I too think that instead of picking out each other's mistakes/faults, we should figure out how can we help to lift this ban TOGETHER, peacefully and harmoniously. Only us united can help to lift the ban.

pinecone

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2015, 01:04:58 PM »
As mentioned by Dharmaspace, there are a small majority of protestors who have hardly any idea the issues of the demonstration and calling HHDL , “liar” nor do they know anything about Tibetan Buddhism and simply they joined in the demonstration for the sake of joining in the crowd and  having fun. If the continuation of this demonstrations,  protests and putting the blame of each other prolonged , more Tibetans will suffer and the nation will  be segregated .Therefore, what is the purpose of lifting the ban when the Tibetan’s spirit and bond has been torn apart ?