Author Topic: Criticism of HH the Dalai Lama  (Read 6136 times)

Atishas cook

Criticism of HH the Dalai Lama
« on: June 02, 2008, 11:13:51 AM »
Dear friends -

I write this as someone who has always, to the best of my ability, tried to encourage others to have strong faith in their Gurus and in their traditions, whether Buddhist or non-Buddhist.  I have always taken great care not to harm another's view of their objects of Refuge, and to be respectful of their right to hold their own opinion.  This is an apology and a request to all those who are students of the Dalai Lama, or who have faith in him: please be patient with me, with us.

I see on this forum a wide variety of views on HH, and many people who wish to continue to view him as an enlightened being, despite his actions and the effect of these actions on the holy Buddhadharma, and the worldwide Sangha community, Tibetan and Western, lay and ordained.

If the Dalai Lama is an enlightened being, then He is manifesting as Mara.

Some say that maybe he is being misunderstood, or maybe he is unaware of the effects of his ban.  Unfortunately, he has not been misunderstood at all (except by the western media).  He has directly ordered this ban and reiterated it strongly, on record, many times.  He is fully aware of how this is being enforced by his fanatical representatives, and he has encouraged this.

No-one is inherently evil, of course; but it's perfectly valid to call someone's intentions evil.  The Dalai Lama is clearly trying to consolidate his power, both political and religious, by destroying any opposition within the religious establishment - and has been doing this in a calculated and systematic way since he first fled Tibet in the 50s.  In this sense, conventionally I can call one person "good" and another "evil"; mere name, yes, but certainly appropriate.

I have been making excuses for this tyrant for 12 years, out of respect and compassion for his faithful students.  But I cannot any longer - his actions since this January leave me absolutely no choice.  Out of compassion, for his victims and for him, I must expose his hypocrisy and disempower him.  Therefore, I'm right behind the Western Shugden Society.

I'm truly sorry to say it, but he's a liar and a hypocrite.  His intentions (as far as I can tell), and his actions are in direct contradiction with Lord Buddha's teachings.  He is trying to destroy pure Buddhist lineages (not just ours - see the Kagyu debacle, for example), and he is doing this - apparently - for his own political aggrandisement.  He's no monk, and he's not a Buddhist.  He misuses the holy Dharma to disguise his true nature and intention.

So I am sorry to all those who have faith in this person, but he must be stopped, and to do this we have no choice but to bring to light his abuses and destroy his reputation, however temporarily painful and disruptive that may be for the Buddhist community worldwide.  Through my karma this is the situation as it appears to me now, and, as a Buddhist, I have no choice but to do this.

basically

Re: Criticism of HH the Dalai Lama
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 12:51:03 PM »
If the DL is an enlightened being why can he not control evil spirits himself without the need to hurt many thousands of people?

As I have said previously this person I do not even consider to be a qualified Dharma teacher due to his breaking of his own devotion to his guru.  Some may revere him as a holy being and use the term "HH" but for me he has no qualification - simply a reputation.....

In Lamrim we are taught that we can view our spiritual guide as Buddha because he performs the enlightened actions of Buddha - Dalai Lama is doing the opposite - using his political position he is destroying the spiritual lives of millions of people.  So how can anyone view him as Buddha?  Only by ignoring the facts...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 01:05:58 PM by basically »

Dharmapal

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 04:59:10 PM »
Please feel free to post some of your articles/views/opinions/news updates, e.g. this one on the Dalai Lama, also on the new Wisdom Buddha Dorje Shugden website blogspot:

http://wisdombuddhadorjeshugden.blogspot.com/

They can appear under comments and may get seen by quite a number of people who look at this site (10,000 hits and counting).

Atishas cook

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 08:55:46 PM »
Dharmapal -

i tried to add the above post as a comment to the "Outrage..." entry on that blog, but it isn't appearing - have i done something wrongly?

a friend

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 09:20:04 PM »
 :D
May be Wisdom does not like your writing.
 :D

Just joking.

I have a suggestion for posts in other blogs: Let's try NOT to copy and paste, except very essential data, otherwise the websites become like mirrors and then people will stop looking. Just a thought.

Atishas cook

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 09:42:44 PM »
maybe my writing has no Wisdom!  ;D

anyway - i don't know the pros and cons of mirroring content on separate sites, so i'll find out more on the subject before i try that again.

a friend

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 09:51:58 PM »
Dearest cook,

I wasn't talking about copying and pasting your message above, because this you posted just once and is kind of lost in the maze of Dorjeshugden.com.

I think it would be great that you post it somewhere else.

Rather I was thinking not to repeat ad nauseam what has been repeated here many times or in other websites.

Orange

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 10:22:43 PM »
Atisha's cook, thank you for your post. thank you.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 02:54:36 PM »
I think that we should all stop criticising His Holiness and let Him do whatever is necessary, because obviously we are not in that state where we can comment or make judgement on His Holiness's intention. His Holiness the Dalai Lama get nothing out of this, observe closely, the hatred being thrown at His Holiness is getting more and more each day and why did His Holiness allow this to happen to Him if he were to do it for personal gains(which is not). Hid Holiness is kind enough to manifest, we should thank His Holiness instead. Because of Him, everyone who knows about His Holiness, who has interest in Vajrayana Buddhism knows about Dorje Shugden.