Author Topic: I can't follow you anymore :-(  (Read 7113 times)

godi

I can't follow you anymore :-(
« on: March 16, 2010, 09:18:15 PM »
HI,
first let me thank all of you for your contributions to this forum.

I really appreciate looking from time to time to this forum.   ;D

But I am facing an issue and probably other do too. I do not have enough time to read all your postings  :o

Although I am very interested on this forum I can only spend approx. 1 hour per week looking in this forum (job, kids, house, dharma,...). So, of course I missed interesting postings.

Any idea how to make important info available for people which are caught in the samsara trap? Maybe in the well-known blogs?

Regards
Godi

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
Re: I can't follow you anymore :-(
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 10:49:14 PM »
Dear godi,

Even one hour a week is fine. Do keep up the following and reading when you can. I understand the stretch for time, but I would like you with us. You are important and you have been here for a while.

See what you can do and I want you involved here. Everyone is important on this forum.

Thanks.

TK

dsnowlion

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 09:59:19 PM »
Aww this was the first posting I read today. And I must say it sounds pretty sad to see someone leave :(

Although I am new and don't know you very well Godi, some of your postings were very interesting and much appreciated especially the one on the antique Dorje Shugden thangka. That gave us much inspiration and proof that the Sakyas did practice Dorje Shugden.

Hope you can continue, reading and post once in a while.

I am sure Dorje Shugden will help you find the necessary for you to have conducive conditions to practice, learn and do Dharma ;)

xxxsnowlion

honeydakini

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 10:05:58 PM »
Godi,
I'm sorry you can't be on the forum as regularly, but please do check back and read the articles being uploaded on the main website. There seems to be a lot of new activity recently so it would be a way for you to stay connected even while you're in a "samsaray trap"! That would be kinda like a blog, wouldn't it?

There are also a lot of videos being posted up here - so do check those for information. You could leave a few videos to download while you do other things like work, housework, etc... then come back at the end of the day and just watch one or two videos - they're all quite short after all.

And of course, even if you can't post comments as regularly, you can still pop by to read the discussions - I believe they'd give good food for thought throughout the days, so you can plan many exciting cool postings for the once-a-week when you can spend time on the forum  :)

You shall always be here in spirit, we won't forget you  ;)

Big Uncle

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 06:44:05 AM »
Yeah, I agree with Tk that 1 hour is really enough. You don't have to read all the threads and all the answers. What I typically do is read the latest answers only and not all the answers posted within a thread and you don't have to read all the answers. Also good threads are often posted onto the interesting Reads section on the front page.

thor

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 10:17:12 PM »
Hey Godi,

There are times when it seems there are just not enough hours in a day but don't let that stop you from learning from this excellent forum. Just like how you do your practice daily, set aside some time each day to read a little on the forum. The time spent is never a waste; rather you can consider it as part of your sadhana bringing you one step closer to Dorje Shugden, understanding him, knowing him, strengthening your karmic connection to him that you will carry in your mindstream always.

Another suggestion is to focus more on the excellent posts from some of the learned members of this forum like TK, Lhakpa Gyaltsen, Trinley Kelsang.... I enjoy their posts tremendously and always learn something interesting.

Middleway

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 08:13:12 AM »
I agree with this post, I can't possibly keep up on the amount of posts.  Also there's little use posting anything because it is will be lost in a flood of other comments (and that makes me wonder if that is part of the agenda here).  Just because one cannot possibly have the will to refute every POV that does not entail an agreement of a conversion to that POV.  It's looking like contributing or even trying to keep up on matters here is fruitless...  What is the point of having topics if every single point is going to be brought into the same discussions again?

I know what you mean. I don't think the repetition of views is part of a deliberate agenda to flood the site though, just a consequence of undisciplined debate and attachment to view. I think it is worth hanging around though because I don't see the purpose of this site just as a pure and simple debating forum. Many people debate the ban on forums where they stand no chance of converting the others POV just because the pro DS view needs to be put out there. Alhough this is a pro DS site I think there is something similar going on. We just need to keep repeating reasoned arguments while there is still power in the ban so those arguments are current and not locked away in a forum archive. Tiring I know, but I think worthwhile. When the ban has lost it's power I'll gladly retire my forum hat!  Perhaps someone could put together a collection of standard arguments & refutations which people are referred to when it's getting repetitive but I'm not sure it'd help. Anyway, I can say I've benefitted from being here, though I am selective in what I read because I have other things to do!

Big Uncle

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 01:15:45 PM »
Dear Godi,

Even if you can keep up with the forums but please don't let go of our daily sadhana and propitiation of Dorje Shugden. It will help you a lot and if you don't have his prayers or don't have time to do the prayers, at least recite Dorje Shugden's mantra - Om Benza Wiki Bitana Soha (Kyabje Zong Rinpoche's lineage) or Om Benza Wiki Witrana Soha (Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's lineage). When you are in dire need of help or you are going through difficult times, perform a black tea offering to Dorje Shugden. His assistance if you maintain a daily prayer will be very swift. I hope all these helps you.

Love,
Big Uncle

godi

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 11:56:04 PM »
Hi,
many thanks for all your encouragements. I really appreciate them.

I decided the best thing I can do is reading every day 1-2 pages from "A great deception". I think everything is inside this book, compact and well structured. And I will try to come back regulary and see if there are news.

One idea which came through my mind. We could structure all the interesting postings of this forum in the same way as the book "A great deception" is structured. In this way, people reading the book could easily find additoinal information to each subject.

Regards
Godi

dsnowlion

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 03:13:58 PM »
HI,
first let me thank all of you for your contributions to this forum.

I really appreciate looking from time to time to this forum.   

But I am facing an issue and probably other do too. I do not have enough time to read all your postings   

Although I am very interested on this forum I can only spend approx. 1 hour per week looking in this forum (job, kids, house, dharma,...). So, of course I missed interesting postings.

Any idea how to make important info available for people which are caught in the samsara trap? Maybe in the well-known blogs?

This an excellent idea Godi! I am all for learning and making things easier for practitioner to get information especially new people on the path.

This way we can show both sides/arguements/points while remain objective and allow the reader to make their own decision as to which stand they'd like to take. We can create 3 c

I simple dislike condemning any sangha for the kramic repercussions are just to big - and what if HH Dalai Lama is working hand in hand with out Dharmapala in spreading Dharma? Then all of us who have said negative things about the Dalai Lama will later deeply regret. I for one do not wish to take that chance.

All the best and see you around Godi :)