Author Topic: Daily practice  (Read 11454 times)

Zhalmed Pawo

Re: Daily practice
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 11:24:18 PM »
One remark, concerning some views expressed here: While the protector practices are a must in Tantra, not all protector practices necessiate Tantra. One can therefore practice certain Protectors in a certain way, without having to be a tantrika. Good examples are the 3 Protectors of the Three Scopes of Lamrim (Kalarupa, Vaishravana, Mahakala, if I remember them correctly), or Setrap Chan (in the style of Ganden Shartse), or Dorje Shugden (in the style of we here).

mika

• Email
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 04:29:09 PM »
Thanks for the HUGE wealth of information! To be honest, it is a little bit confusing for me at the moment. I've been trying to read Heart Jewel which I kind of like and am trying to work towards doing that practice eventually. But all the terms and explanations that you have given here are familiar as I've come across these in my readings, so I'm sloooo~~~~~~wly getting my head around. Please know that I do appreciate the information though. I'm just a little dizzy so it may take me a little longer!

i don't really know how to explain it but I just have a nice feeling seeing these prayers. I downloaded alll the prayers of Dorje Shugden from this website. I don't know what to do with them so I just put them on my little altar for now and read through it every now and then.

It would be cool if we could print out the pix individually too (or is there a way and I'm such a techno retard i can't figure it out?). Then I could like make a scrapbook! it would be like a portable all-in-one altar (oops sorry that was my going off on a trip again). Anyway, thanks again for the information!

DSFriend

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 05:06:30 PM »
Dear Mika

A warm welcome to you. It's a wonderful idea to print the prayers and pictures of Dorje Shugden to put on your altar!
I'm not sure what religious exposure you have but Dorje Shugden is like a BIG GUARDIAN angel and MUCH more. You are very fortunate to be seeking the Dharma and be connected to Dorje Shugden.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 05:03:53 PM »
Dear Mika,

I guess the rest have said a whole lot and I Dont wannt confuse u further.

for now u can get praises and short prayers to Dorje Shugden such as Melody of the Unceasing Vajra to recite to Dorje Shugden. It is creating the causes to be able to practice him in the future and even he'll help u now to find a suitable spiritual guide!

cheers
HN
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 07:26:37 AM »
Hey Mika,

When I first started out its like what was said before... its a progression.

For me, i didn't know anything about sutra, from tantra, hinayana from mahayana.  Prayers felt good, and recitation of tibetan while i didn't know what i was reciting or if it were correct or not didn't matter.

what mattered was that i had decided to make a change, these words had been recited by many people / great masters before me which gave results. It has to have some effect cannoLt be the words don't have power, when wars can be created from just words.

Take your time, make aspirational prayers for a teacher to manifest and it will happen for you. With prayers to Dorje Shugden, its bound to happen and fast.

Take care:)