Author Topic: How Dorje Shugden helps in Daily Life  (Read 5956 times)

gohdi

How Dorje Shugden helps in Daily Life
« on: August 04, 2012, 04:04:25 PM »
You might be interested into this teaching from Ven. Gen'la Dekyong. It is very practical and inspiring:
US Kadampa Festival - using difficult conditions as spiritual lessons - Gen la Dekyong Small | Large

gohdi

Re: How Dorje Shugden helps in Daily Life
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 04:11:16 PM »
... and it is funny too 8)

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 05:52:40 PM »
In the world, there are many spirits and gods who claim to be able to make my life "better" and by that, I mean more money, happier relationships, more children, greater success, more so-called friends and even fame. And I am sure many of these beings are capable of that. But if I live in complete dependence of these mirages, then I in fact go deeper into a trap that keeps my from discovering the truth of the state I am in. The "happiness" that these beings promise are in fact drugs that keep me in a hypnotized state because the reality is that life is about suffering. The Buddha himself told us that. The Buddha then taught the way for us to escape form this state and find true and permanent happiness, that state of continual bliss called Nirvana which is totally unencumbered by worldly conditions. So either we kid ourselves and keep pretending or we decide to make a turn and abide by the Buddha's teachings and follow the proven stages of the path to enlightenment. Proven because countless Buddhas have proven it beyond doubt.

But following this dharmic path can appear to be difficult purely because we are so accustomed to our samsaric ways and one of the effects of negative karma is that we see good things as bad and vice versa. Unless there is an intervention, I cannot break out of this vicious cycle. And this is where Dorje Shugden, out of sheer compassion comes into the picture.

Dorje Shugden is the Wisdom Buddha and with wisdom I am able to "turn difficult situations into the spiritual path". For me that is great news because my life is cramped full with difficult situations. Dorje Shugden lifts the veil from my eyes so that I see clearly and from the correct perspective that the problems in my life is the fuel that I need to reach Nirvana. Without difficult situations, I would not have the stone to carve David out of. That itself gives me confidence and joy and keeps me focused on the end product of "David" instead of lamenting the state of the stone. And to guide me in chipping away at the unwanted bits is my personal guide, tutor and friend Dorje Shugden.

To me Dorje Shugden is very real in my life and if anyone were to put their trust in this great Protector, his presence is very tangible.

Here is an article from a blog about Dorje Shugden which I felt was very well written and so I would like to share it:

1. The real nature of Dorje Shugden is the spiritual guide.  He is my spiritual guide in the aspect of Dorje Shugden.   The spiritual guide manifests himself as Dorje Shugden in order to provide us protection.  Frankly, I think this is my favorite aspect of the Spiritual Guide, his most useful aspect in terms of helping us solve our daily problems.  I need to surrender myself completely to my Spiritual Guide in the aspect of Dorje Shugden and request him to take over completely the ripening of the karma for myself and all the beings of my dream.

2. I have a precious human life in which I can create very powerful karmic connections with the great protector Dorje Shugden.  With these connections, he can care for me and protect me in this and all of my future lives, creating the perfect outer and inner conditions for my training leading to my eventual enlightenment.  If I can make my reliance upon Dorje Shugden irreversible, my attainment of enlightenment is guarranteed.  He will not let me not attain enlightenment!  I will put myself on an uninterrupted fast track to enlightenment.

3. I can die at any moment, which means I must use every moment of my life to develop deeper and closer karmic connections with Dorje Shugden.  I don’t know how long my opportunity to become closer to his holy being will last, and I cannot afford to waste a minute of it.  The biggest risk of death is losing our practice.  If we lose our practice then we may need to wait aeons before we start practicing again, and as a result we will have to suffer from delusion and karma for a very long time.  Dorje Shugden is the our best protection against this risk.  His job is to arrange and maintain the outer and inner conditions for our practice.  In other words, he can protect us through the process of death, the bardo and rebirth so that we can continue with our practice in our next life.  Our death is actually his finest hour, where our reliance upon him can make the most difference.  Who else would I trust for this most important moment of my life?  He can maintain the continuum of my practice beyond this life, and life after life, until I attain enlightenment.  He is my insurance policy against losing my practice.

4. If I do not have strong reliance and protection from Dorje Shugden, not only will I likely succumb to delusion within this life, but more dangerously I will fall into the lower reams at the time of my death.  I currently respond with delusion when extreme hardship arrives.  There is no more extreme hardship than death.  If I respond to death with delusion, I will fall – at which point I will lose everything.  I have completely neglected purifying my negative karma, therefore I no doubt have a mountain of it remaining on my mind.  What hope do I have of not falling?  It is only through my reliance upon Dorje Shugden that I can avoid this fate.  One of the main ways he helps us is he can control what karma ripens.  He arranges conditions for us by ripening the karma on our mind in special ways and sequences to create the experience of ‘perfect conditions.’  Just as he does this for us in life, he can do this for us during the death and rebirth process, protecting us against lower rebirth and propelling us to another life in which we can practice.  Absent this help, my mind alone is not sufficently trained to ensure that I do not fall.  I am not trying to go all fire and brimstone, but this is the reality of the situation.

Source: http://kadampaworkingdad.wordpress.com/2012/02/15/the-lamrim-of-dorje-shugden/

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 11:33:05 AM »
Simple yet clear and humorous teaching.

I have heard of many accounts from Dorje Shugden practitioners of how they relied on The Wisdom Dharma Protector and received His blessings in clearing their obstacles in their mundane life and in their spiritual practice. His compassion has no boundary even in assisting to clearing obstacles for small mundane matters. At my level with no spiritual attainment, I definitely rely on Him to clear my self-created obstacles and provide suitable conditions for me to continue with my spiritual practice.

To repay my incomparable Lama and Lord Shugden’s compassion and wise methods I make daily offerings, put in effort and work toward mind transformation, practice kindness and compassion, generosity, patience, discipline and contemplation.

dondrup

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 03:16:11 PM »
Thanks for sharing this interesting teaching. 

If we have complete faith in Dorje Shugden who is none other than Wisdom Buddha Manjushri, we should have no doubt through his blessings, we can overcome all our obstacles and unfavourable conditions.  We can turn all adversities into the spiritual path.  Dorje Shugden will arrange all the necessary favourable and unfavourable conditions for us to practise.  As mentioned by Gen-la Dekyong, we just apply equanimity to solve our problems.

DSFriend

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 03:55:55 PM »
Beautiful teaching by Gen-la Dekyong to introduce the need and benefits from propitiating the Wisdom Buddha. For most of us, when bad things happen, it just turns bad and pulls us down, it affects our faith, dampens our inspiration and enthusiasm to study and practice. We don't have to go down this path with Dorje Shugden. We need him very much, to rely on him to help us through difficulties and challenges in our practice, to help keep us on the path.

dsiluvu

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 09:13:11 PM »
The real nature of Dorje Shugden is the spiritual guide.  He is my spiritual guide in the aspect of Dorje Shugden.   The spiritual guide manifests himself as Dorje Shugden in order to provide us protection.  Frankly, I think this is my favorite aspect of the Spiritual Guide, his most useful aspect in terms of helping us solve our daily problems.  I need to surrender myself completely to my Spiritual Guide in the aspect of Dorje Shugden and request him to take over completely the ripening of the karma for myself and all the beings of my dream.
[/size]

I think i like this explanation the best cos if we take a closer look at it... really who gave us this powerful practice? None other then our Guru... and they gave it to us because 1. we need it 2. it will help us tremendously in a short period of time to improve and transform... Yes like what she said Dorje Shugden bless our minds with wisdom.

There is a whole lot of ways how Dorje Shugden helps us in our daily lives and some in our troubled life... which we can read about here http://www.dorjeshugden.com/category/testimonials/

All this tells us that Dorje Shugden is an enlightened Buddha, one with Manjushri and hence it does not matter which sect of school you are from, a Buddha helps everyone regardless of their religion, faith and beliefs... because ultimately Dorje Shugden is here to help and protect everyone on the path until they achieve Bodhicitta. 

DharmaSpace

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 02:30:43 PM »
Dorje Shugden not only help us in daily life but helps us during pivotal moments what is the most pivotal of all that can only be at the point of our death. Reading the namtar of Trijang Rinpoche it seems he was being watched over by Dorje Shugden even when he was a child, that is how much care Dorje Shugden have for beings who sincerely who engage in Dharma. And this relationship with Dorje Shugden is cultivated across many life times. For a samsaric being like me to have a guardian angel that guides us lifetime after lifetime is very comforting to know.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 08:01:59 PM »
Personally, I have been practising Dorje Shugden's practise since young and definitely there are results and some good transformation. Everyone has their ups and downs but it was Lord Dorje Shugden who has helped me when I was at my lowest point of life. I'm very grateful towards His help and love, I definitely do not have the power to see Him but through transformation and results, His presence is self-explanatory. I love Lord Dorje Shugden and I will always be devoted to Him until the day I die.

Pema8

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 11:52:17 AM »
Thank you for this post.
Yes, we have access to so much wisdom. Dorje Shugden is the Buddha of Wisdom - wisdom we need badly. We should contact Dorje Shugden first before complaining or showing bad face.
A good reminder, we are aiming for happiness in whatever situation!

Rihanna

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 05:06:48 PM »
The difference between a Dharma Protector and a worldly protector is that the former is an enlightened being whereas the latter is not. Worldly protectors have no ability to flourish the Dharma nor to
protect Dharma realizations in a practitioner's mind. As a Dharma Protector, Dorje Shugden’s principal function is to protect our Dharma practice, while helping in our mundane affairs.

My colleague shared a story of a successful liquor merchant who was arrogant and egocentric. Although he has a family but he was into all the vices of a rich man and empty of Dharma. His family members are all Dorje Shugden practitioners. He was not against it but claims that he is too busy to pray and that his time is better spent making more money. One day he was cheated in a business deal and his empire fell. He literally fell flat on his face and lost all his money and reputation. His friends kept a distance from him. Due to his new situation, he stayed at home more and started praying and reading Dharma text. Later, he started a home-cooked food delivery service from his wife's kitchen and started picking his life back again.

He does not have much money, and still have plenty of challenging situations, but his family is reunited again as a happy family. And whenever he has virtuous wishes which he thought would be impossible, would be fulfilled. Whenever he wanted to undertake some activity to further his practice or give spiritual help to others, all obstacles have fallen away and all necessary conditions have come easily to hand.

This is another example of how Dorje Shugden always helps and guides in our daily affairs to make our lives more and more meaningful.

RedLantern

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 05:25:05 PM »

I will rely on Dorje Shugden to show me Dharma truths throughout the day. I will apply Dharma to everything I meet. I let my mind settle on this thought, and slowly my mind became very still and peaceful. It was filled with a feeling of purpose and serenity. A daily prayer to Dorje Shugden.
Thank you for sharing this beautiful teaching by Gen La Dekyong.