Author Topic: Disturbing & Encouraging News  (Read 23643 times)

Helena

• Email
Re: Disturbing & Encouraging News
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 08:39:47 AM »
One monastery's great loss is another monastery's great gain.

While the loss will bear heavy karma as nothing is worse than broken samaya and it will carry forth a fate worse than death...they will be denied of precious teachings and practices that will benefit them not in this life but also their future lives. So, it is really a horrible position to be trapped in. How does one get out, when even regret will not be sufficient?

Helena

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 09:02:38 PM »

It is not so much the 8 worldly concerns that motivated the monks to expel Gyurme Kensur. It was total fear. Fear of the Dalai Lama. Dalai Lama would not say expel this person or that person these days as he has been highly criticized for that in the past. So he will drop hints. If the hints are not taken he will not be pleased with Gaden Jangtze. One word that he is displeased with Gaden Jangtze or any Gelug Monastery would bring heaps of trouble and bad reputation for them. So when he mentioned Gyurme Kensur doesn't come to see him anymore or attend his teachings, the inference is Gyurme Kensur MUST HAVE DEFECTED TO THE SHUGDEN CAMP. So therefore he doesn't attend the Dalai Lama's events. From this hint and this hint alone, the Abbot of Gaden Jangtze went into a tailspin and expelled Gyurme Kensur. Sadness, politics, fear, undemocratic policies and religious persecution rules the Gelug Monasteries these days.

I can't even imagine what it's like in the monasteries. Living in fear - just because I wish to continue a Dharma Protector practice which was given to me by my Guru and which out of Guru Devotion, I would never give up.

The TGIE talk about democracy but this expulsion of the Gyurme Kensur which is based on zero evidence, except for a passing word from His Holiness, is far from democratic! Truly frightening but very real.

I agree with what Triesa said about the High Lamas of Gaden moving to Dorje Shugden monasteries. When Shar Gaden and Ser Pom monasteries flourish as they already are, and with great masters in these monasteries, such as HH Trijang Rinpoche, and HH Gaden Trisur, HE Zemey Rinpoche, Dorje Shugden practice will become stronger and prevail over the petty politics. It is possible that these Shugden monasteries will become mainstream in the end. Everything is impermanent after all.

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2011, 05:59:30 AM »
It is very disheartening to hear or read news about how old elite lamas are treated in the Tibetan Buddhism world. When I first read this, I was upset and  was thinking how ungrateful the students are towards their guru who has taught them dharma.

However, we are not talking about ordinary beings here. These old elite lamas are definitely NOT ORDINARY and this applies to HH also. The more I think about it is the more I think HH is very skillful. In reference to the Gyume Kensur Rinpoche of Jangtze incident, definitely HH who is Cherenzig, foresee what the Abbot of Gaden Jangtze will do when HH mentioned that sentence. I would like to believe that it is HH skillful way of getting the great masters out to enable them to have the "freedom" to teach and spread DS far and wide. After all, these great masters have high respect of HH.

I'm looking forward to news on these old elite lamas joining Shar Gaden or Serpom monastery.

triesa

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2011, 03:17:48 PM »
It is very disheartening to hear or read news about how old elite lamas are treated in the Tibetan Buddhism world. When I first read this, I was upset and  was thinking how ungrateful the students are towards their guru who has taught them dharma.

However, we are not talking about ordinary beings here. These old elite lamas are definitely NOT ORDINARY and this applies to HH also. The more I think about it is the more I think HH is very skillful. In reference to the Gyume Kensur Rinpoche of Jangtze incident, definitely HH who is Cherenzig, foresee what the Abbot of Gaden Jangtze will do when HH mentioned that sentence. I would like to believe that it is HH skillful way of getting the great masters out to enable them to have the "freedom" to teach and spread DS far and wide. After all, these great masters have high respect of HH.

I'm looking forward to news on these old elite lamas joining Shar Gaden or Serpom monastery.

Shugden promotor, I like what you worte regarding HHDL skillfully getting these high lamas out to join Shar Gaden or other Shugden monasteries whereby they can have the freedom to practise and teach without any hinderance.

Yes, and you are also right with the fact that these high lamas all have great respect of HHDL, in fact, I have never read or heard of any of them making any bad statements or comments against HHDL.

dsiluvu

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 11:12:51 PM »
Only in TGIE world that this kind injustice can be exercised with full of justification.

I guess it is really time for the TGIE to turn a new chapter, a new leaf and usher in New Members with broader minds. No disrespect but you wld think that this sort of action will obviously create a negative light on His Holiness. Bad PR folks...but I suppose it is not too worrying since His Holiness is stepping down from political issues. So next question is... what is next? Thought I am not wishing and definitely not looking forward to it but what happens after his passing...the inevitable...?

It is on one side a good hope for Dorje Shugden practitioners to come out and on the others side sad news as TGIE would have lost their cash cow...sorry to say. So if I was them, I will seriously create as much good PR before they are very quickly forgotten.

Amazing that this kind of thing still exist in the 21st century! Who would ever hear such a news in their country now... it wld really be against people's rights and wld cause great civil wars and disharmony. No one, not even our parents have the right to tell us what we should pray and belief after age18. It is unheard of in our society.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2015, 05:33:38 AM »
High Lamas and Great Masters have suffered and still suffering in order to preserve the teachings and worship of Dorje Shugden, so that lay practitioners will benefit from worshipping this Great Protector.

In appreciation we learn of their suffering and that their suffering to benefit us will enhance our faith in DS.

Let us respect and reverend and be devoted to these great Lamas and Masters.  In appreciation read and learn about some of them in this article.