Author Topic: North American Gelug Buddhist Association Officially opens!!  (Read 11805 times)

thaimonk

North American Gelug Buddhist Association Officially opens!!
« on: March 11, 2011, 03:17:52 PM »
On March 5th 2011, the beginning of the Iron Rabbit Year, in Queens, New York, the North America Gelug Buddhist Association celebrated Losar and its inauguration with its members. We are pleased, honored and humbled by the enthusiasm, suppo...rt, strength and unity of the pure Gelug practitioner.
The Losar celebration and the Inauguration of the Association was lead by Zawa Tulku Rinpoche, other Rinpoches, Geshes and Venerable sangha.

Lama Chopa , Dorge Shugden smoke prayer & Golden Tea offering was performed. Members later gathered outside the building. A traditional Sangso filled the sky with cloud liked Tsampa, while members offered one another words of good wishes, success and prosperity for the upcoming new year.

The Ribbon Cutting Ceremony was simple, dignified yet profound. Zawa Tulku Rinpoche, other Rinpoches, Geshes and sangha cut the ribbon, proclaiming freedom from all bondage, samsaric and beyond. Auspicious words were chanted. The room was echoed with praised to Je Tsongkapa, commitment to spread the pure linage, request for the long life of linage masters, and dedication to benefit all sentient beings.

Later part of the day, the unity and determination of the members were again evident. Delicious lunch and dinner, all carefully shopped & prepared by members, all efforts were tokens of love and devotion.
In the evening, a traditional Tibetan dance (again rehearsed for months by members) showed off their talents, while members spontaneously joined in with songs, dances & other entertainments. The memories of the “OLD TIBET” were vivid and alive.

On the second day, an administrative meeting was held. President Lobsang Dorgee extended his welcome to all; Secretary Ahdar reviewed mission statement and By-laws.

Zawa Tulku Rinpoche unveiled the brand new website which is in three languages, inclusive of Tibetan, English and Chinese. Senior members generously gave their creative and valid suggestions as how to best utilize the web site. The goal is to keep members informed, united,and to best preserve the linage. Zawa Tulku Rinpoche emphasis the need to do dharma practice and request teachings from the masters.

In closing, we also want to thank Shar Gaden Monastery, Serpom Monastery, Phegye Ling, Samten Choling Segyu Monastery & others in joining us in prayers , wishing all Gelug practitioners , all Dharma practitioners and all sentient beings be free from suffering, causes of suffering ,attain happiness and true joy.

( from Chatring Rinpoche's facebook post )
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:20:01 PM by Mana »

Mana

Re: North American Gelug Buddhist Association Officially opens!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 03:30:28 PM »
Congratulations to the NAGBA!!!

They had their official opening ceremony at the Armenian Centre in New York City. They are registered as a non-profit charitable religious organization under section 501 (C) (3). They are protected under the rights and laws of the United States of America. TGIE can never touch them.

Their organization arose from the oppressive conditions against those trying to practice the pure Gelug Lineage which Dalai Lama did not allow with his ban. The TGIE supports this  ban and has instituted many rules and regulations directly suppressing the practitioners of Dorje Shugden. The NAGBA are committed for ensuring the freedom to practice without discrimination as practiced in India. The opening ceremony was led by Chatring Rinpoche. For Pictures you can see on his facebook (Chatring Tulku).

We of this website would like to offer our heartiest congratulations and prayers for another association specifically born to protect the sacred Gelug Lineage with Dorje Shugden as it's sacred protector.

Mana

Helena

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 01:52:13 AM »
Such wonderful news! More Shugden organizations are opening up and best of all, they are free from TGIE's jurisdiction.
Excellent! I truly rejoice!

Thank you, Thai Monk for sharing all this great news.

May all the Shugden monasteries, organizations and centers have harmony, peace and respectful understanding towards one another. May they never be like TGIE and do anything like what they have done - creating schism and breaking their already so challenged community.

I sincerely pray and pray even harder that Shugdenpas all around the world will not follow the foot steps of those who have spent all their time just squabbling and prosecuting others for their different views or beliefs.

We are all Shugdenpas and we should be united in our devotion and practice of the great Protector.

Dorje Shugden has made so many things possible for us and helped us all. That is why we have so much faith in HIM.

Please do not waste any more time in disagreeing among themselves, we are one and the same.

The time has come for Dorje Shugden to shine and our Protector can only do that well when we as the practitioners represent HIM well - in our body, speech and mind.

In congratulating NAGBA, I pray that all Shugden practitioners will be great "Ambassadors" of this most Supreme Protector.

May more Lineage Holders of Dorje Shugden arise!
Helena

pgdharma

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 09:25:06 AM »
Conratulations to North American Gelug Buddhust Association. May more Dorje Shugden monasteries manifest so that more will be able to devote to this sacred practice.

Thank  you Thai Monk for sharing this rejoicing news!

Big Uncle

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 01:17:07 PM »
Thank you for the wonderful news, Thai Monk! I don't live in America but I will always rejoice that Dorje Shugden's lineage have another base to spread to more people in America. People need Dorje Shugden there as much they need him anywhere else around the world.

Negative karma and calamities is blind to geographic, people, creed and religious beliefs. Look what struck Japan recently and my heart goes out to millions out in Japan and those areas that are struck by the full force of the recent earthquake and tsunami. May Dorje Shugden in his peaceful form, Vairochana Shugden spread his blessings to alleviate and mitigate the sufferings and casualties of this earthquake.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 05:09:38 PM »
Congratulations and Happy Losar to the North America Gelug Buddhist Association! I wouldn't have thought that an association with a name like that would be one which was supportive of Dorje Shugden so I am thrilled! I'm also thrilled that they have launched a website. With Shar Gaden, Serpom and many Lamas now using social media to reach out to many, more and more people will have access to Dharma - literally at the tips of their fingers! From websites like DorjeShugden.com, all these websites, people can make up their own minds about who Dorje Shugden is. We are so fortunate that people work so hard to update these sites and their facebooks. If not for Chatring Rinpoche's facebook (and if not for Thai Monk posting it here!), we wouldn't have had this news so soon. Same for news from Shar Gaden - shared by their facebook, their very kind secretary Jam, and of course Tenzin Sungrab (our kinda reporter on the ground!).

Please share more and more and more news so we can all rejoice! What a fab Losar gift!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DSFriend

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 07:50:21 PM »

In closing, we also want to thank Shar Gaden Monastery, Serpom Monastery, Phegye Ling, Samten Choling Segyu Monastery & others in joining us in prayers , wishing all Gelug practitioners , all Dharma practitioners and all sentient beings be free from suffering, causes of suffering ,attain happiness and true joy.

( from Chatring Rinpoche's facebook post )

Awesome news! And I love the closing paragraph which shows the support and harmony with the other monasteries!

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 09:45:13 PM »
Congratulations and Happy Losar to the North America Gelug Buddhist Association! I wouldn't have thought that an association with a name like that would be one which was supportive of Dorje Shugden so I am thrilled! I'm also thrilled that they have launched a website. With Shar Gaden, Serpom and many Lamas now using social media to reach out to many, more and more people will have access to Dharma - literally at the tips of their fingers!

You know, I too had to re-read it the article again... look at the name of the association... then re-read the article again... I even asked Tenzin Sungrab on Facebook whether the monasteries below were monasteries practicing DS haha!

What amazing news!! It's nice to see no discrimination with the monasteries that are part of the "North American Gelug Buddhist Association" :) This is the way it should be. How sad that I had to do a double-look just to make sure!

May there come a time when that becomes unnecessary :)

Mana

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 04:36:23 PM »

Small | Large

Inauguration pictures of founding the North America Gelug Buddhist Association 5-6/03/2011

This group is specifically to preserve the Gelug Teachings with Dorje Shugden as their principal Dharma Protector. In North America, their rights to the freedom of practice will be protected and cannot be disturbed by anyone. Democratic govts would never impose a ban on any religion/practice/worship. This begins a new chapter for the growth of Dorje Shugden.

Mana

Their new website: http://www.nagbausa.org/

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 05:20:26 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS6wjxNDvrg&feature=channel_video_title

Inauguration pictures of founding the North America Gelug Buddhist Association 5-6/03/2011

This group is specifically to preserve the Gelug Teachings with Dorje Shugden as their principal Dharma Protector. In North America, their rights to the freedom of practice will be protected and cannot be disturbed by anyone. Democratic govts would never impose a ban on any religion/practice/worship. This begins a new chapter for the growth of Dorje Shugden.

Mana

Such wonderful news. I wish them so much luck and good wishes. Very uplifting.

TK

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 06:07:36 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS6wjxNDvrg&feature=channel_video_title

Mana

Thanks for the links, Mana. I really appreciate that I live in a country where i have the right to practice anything I like. The government here is pretty crap but at least there's no issue with whatever religion I wish to pursue. No countries' governments should allow religious discrimination - ergo there should not be any discrimination against Shugden practitioners because the last time I checked, the TGIE doesn't even have a country to govern so how can they impose their arbitrary rules on other countries. Isn't that an insult to the country's sovereignty?

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Helena

• Email
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 05:16:55 PM »
I love this news and now we get to see the video as well! Thanks so much, Mana!
Thanks for the links, Mana. I really appreciate that I live in a country where i have the right to practice anything I like. The government here is pretty crap but at least there's no issue with whatever religion I wish to pursue. No countries' governments should allow religious discrimination - ergo there should not be any discrimination against Shugden practitioners because the last time I checked, the TGIE doesn't even have a country to govern so how can they impose their arbitrary rules on other countries. Isn't that an insult to the country's sovereignty?

Only a Government in exile which imagines itself to still have power and authority to dispense law and order in their exiled community may be deranged enough to NOT think that they don't have any rights at all. I mean, considering the very obvious point - what country do they have left to rule over and implement these laws in? TGIE govern nothing except the remnants of a dream long gone and a past that will never be re-visited.

The exiled community of 100,000 over Tibetans are in India not because of TGIE but because of the Dalai Lama. Imagine if the exiled Tibetans woke up one day and discovered that they really do not need to heed anything the TGIE sets...now, would that not be so funny?

In truth though, no one need to take heed of what the TGIE - they seriously have no power of law. It's like some huge delusional game that TGIE is playing with themselves.

Helena

beggar

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 05:46:17 PM »
The beautiful irony! The Tibetan Government don't realise that by their politics, suppression and blatant discrimination, they really are just making Dorje Shugden's practice (and Dharma in general) flourish even further afield and to more people.

If things had remained status quo, would the practices have just stayed cocooned within the "safe" communities where the monasteries are?

Now, they are blosomming everything - both through the efforts of the Dalai Lama who has brought the name of Tibetan Buddhism into an accepted mainsteam, and also ironically, through the "efforts" of the Dalai Lama and TGIE to stop Dorje Shugden's practice. Both have worked a rather perfect partnership to "force" the teachings out into the world and to so many people.

What wonderful news to rejoice in - Dorje Shugden, Tsongkhapa and a whole new practice opening up in one of the world's most coveted cities, New York. May they reach many attainments!

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 06:58:09 PM »
Just saw a new video of their Canadian branch's Summer Festival. I love the Dorje Shugden thangka and also the throne with oracle hat and clothes. Didn't find any details or program about their summer festival though  :(

Anyway, I am happy to see the flourishing of Lord Protector in Canada. Looks like there's  a bit of fun sports competition of basketball and soccer competition between their American and Canadian branch too  :)

North American Gelug Buddhist Association Summer Festival, Toronto 2012

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 05:00:32 AM »
Oh this is wonderful. Another pro Dorje Shugden monastery has opened and this time it's in the US! Looks like there is no stopping to how Dorje Shugden monasteries will grow all over the world! Personally, I think it is very cool to have more and more monasteries that follow the pure Ganden Tradition unbroken, all over the world in all its traditional ways because it's not easy to find a center that follows all the traditional bearings of a Gelug monastery. Very often than not, Dharma centers here in the west are just a place for like minded Buddhists to congregate. I am so happy to hear of another Buddhist center in the US to open! And one that is pro-Shugden too!