Author Topic: Is the DL changing his mind on mixing politics and religion?  (Read 17453 times)

vajrastorm

Re: Is the DL changing his mind on mixing politics and religion?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 10:26:20 AM »
The two things that are now in place for the total split between  religion and politics, for the Tibetans -in –exile, are the announcement (with a note of finality) by the Dalai Lama of his retirement from politics , and the election of a new and politically capable prime minister as leader of the TGIE. However, this split will only come into real effect with the passing away of the Dalai Lama.

Looking into the future, the way I see it is that the politically shrewd Lobsang Sangay, the new Prime Minister, is likely to bow to the wishes of China and let them choose the next Dalai Lama. (At the same time, I wonder what ‘state/country’ the new Prime Minister is going to lead or govern, seeing that there is currently no country of Tibet nor will there be in the future, with the dominance of China and the improbability of their allowing Tibet to be a separate state or country).

Like the case of the Panchen Lama, China will surely choose its own candidate for the position of the next Dalai Lama and declare their choice as the legitimate one. As a ‘China’ candidate, the next Dalai Lama( as Tibet’s spiritual leader)will definitely tow the line with China. With this ‘scenario’, the practice of Dorje Shugden, currently gaining rapid ground in China, will surely become a central Dharma Protector practice. It follows naturally that Lama Tsongkhapa’s lineage of teachings and practice will also spread and grow rapidly. Dharma will spread its wings all over China. The ban will by then have faded away. 

beggar

Re: Is the DL changing his mind on mixing politics and religion?
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 02:29:21 PM »
I like this.
Mana

Posted by Eli Buchen on his FB
( interesting stuff )
In the 70's
no social media,
no websites
no special monasteries
no twitter
...no Facebook
no many Gelug centers all over the world

in the year 2011
- Facebooks on Dorje Shudgen
- Hundreds of websites on Dorje Shugden
- Special Monasteries for Dorje Shugden practitioners
- Facebook and twitter dedicated to Dorje Shugden
- Many Gelug centers till engaging in Dorje Shugden all over the world

His Holiness the Dalai Lama sure did a good job banning the practice 
Dorje Shugden is now more wide spread in the world than before, part of the plan?

HAHA! FANTASTIC! Who is this Eli Buchen - he has got it right!
It is quite amazing that Dharma is now literally borderless and timeless through the internet - I have just been on youtube to have a nosey through all the videos. Just by virtue of my interest in Buddhism, YouTube constantly recommends me lots and lots of Dorje Shugden / Dalai Lama videos. It is inevitable - if you click onto something Buddhist-related, it leads you back to Dorje Shugden, less than within 6 degrees of separation.

Yes, so the naysayers are doubtful and skeptical. Yes, so many some people won't like it, or won't be interested. But I think if even 10 people click on and are interested, and are led to practice that is wonderful.

all the more reason to be involved in the many websites and social medias. Get talking folks - we can clear all the badness attributed to our Dharmapala if we could only share the truth, the goodness and the benefits with more people.

Thank you!