Author Topic: Illustrated Story  (Read 16232 times)

DharmaSpace

Illustrated Story
« on: March 28, 2011, 07:00:13 PM »
Dear all,
Lets share more on the 'Illustrated Story' bump it up to 100k views that would be excellent. lets join hands all of you.

The video on the front page of the website y'all.

cheers

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Illustrated Story
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 08:07:40 PM »
Thanks Dharmaspace for bringing this fab Illustrated story back to our attention. For convenience sake, here's the link to the Illustrated Story Part 1 on youtube
Small | Large

Part 2 can be seen here
Small | Large

What i like about this illustrated story is:

1. the story of Dorje Shugden's history is easy to understand - even for someone who is not familiar with Dharma protectors in Buddhism.

2. It is beautifully drawn!

3. The story is related in an objective way - without 'hard selling' Dorje Shugden and without reference to the current politics.

4. The narrative is captivating and clear.

5. It appeals to all ages - from kids to adults!

6. The story is comprehensive - has all the important highlights of Dorje Shugden's previous incarnations

Would be cool if there were other language subtitles.

Thank you (again) webmaster for creating this illustrated true story of this great Protector so that many people can learn the truth about him! Do share it on your facebook walls etc... it deserves to be seen!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DSFriend

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 08:39:14 PM »
This beautiful, visually rich and narrated video is a GEM!

It makes so much easier for me to share Dorje Shugden with my friends. Because the storyline is so clear, I don't need to be physically present to explain further if it's just for an overview. An excellent way to introduce Dorje Shugden to others.

pgdharma

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 02:36:50 PM »
This video is nicely presented and well narrated.  It is easy to understand as the explanation is clear and simple yet comprehensive. Yes, this is an excellent way to introduce Dorje Shugden to others. I will share it on my facebook!

triesa

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 04:03:42 PM »
Thank you Dharmaspace for bringing our attention back to this beautifully illustrated story of Dorje Shugden. I can watch it over and over again. In fact I just did..... twice :)

When I watched it, I can't help thanking those who have put all the time, effort and resources into making this wonderful and extremely well narrated video for all to see and enjoy. Yes, it find it enjoying becasue I have not found a video like this in other websites or anywhere else, and it makes learning of this great protector such an easy and enjoyable experience.

Watch this video and we will all understand why Dorje Shugden is not an evil spirit as claimed by the Dalai Lama and many blind followers.

Now, I just wish a movie can be made soon ;D

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 05:49:04 PM »
Thank you, DharmaSpace - it's nice to give appreciation to those who took the time, effort, and money spent to make this video!

I have shared it on my Facebook wall, I do hope that my friends will like it.

I really like how the video is not overly dramatic or overly done. It's simple, clear, concise and very captivating. The story is, of course, incredibly interesting, and it's easy to show to others the history of Dorje Shugden. Even my little cousins liked it!!

What great dedication DS.com admin (or people, or person... whoever! haha) have. Thank you so much, and I hope that viewers will appreciate it.

Big Uncle

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 04:21:45 AM »
Thank you, I just watched this amazing 2-part video on the background history on Dorje Shugden. I am so blown away by the illustration and narration.

I understood so much more about Dorje Shugden since watching this video because having the scenes in illustration makes the development of the story much easier to understand and remember.

I am now quite confident to explain Dorje Shugden to people. Thank you and will also introduce people to this video. By the way, bumping up the viewership of this video is a fantastic way to expose it to many more people.

sahara

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 01:02:07 PM »
Thank u Dharmaspace, I like the video very much is beautiful, visually rich and nice illustration to makes the story much easier to understand and remember.Now i m more know about Dorje Shugden and understand better.even for someone who is not familiar with Dharma protectors in Buddhism..... I will share it on my facebook.  ::) :D

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 01:51:18 PM »
Oh my! you guys are so childish and shallow. Guess the true meaning of having an illustrated story of such a powerful being.  It is to tell you how a wonderful protector has arisen for all of us.  The story reveal the dedication of a Buddha to go through so much just to benefit us.

I cry every time I watch this video with joy and gratitude, that some one so wonderful has gone through for me to live to gain enlightenment.

Reena Searl

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 03:03:42 PM »
Very clearly illustrated video, i view this many times and keep sharing with friends. will continue to share  :)

Thanks to the team who get the video so nicely done and let's continue to share the marvelous DS story to others

valeriecheung

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 04:39:50 PM »
 ;) thanks for the video ! I had downloaded both part 1 and 2 then converted the videos to HD mpeg files and now i can view it with media player and 40" lcd  :-*

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 09:06:48 PM »
I have downloaded onto my phone and Ipad so I can share it with others anytime. Also I can view it again and again.

Such a beautiful piece of work. I am amazed by it.

TK

Helena

• Email
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 10:52:19 PM »
The illustrated Story is indeed beautifully done and with deep devotion to our GREAT KING PROTECTOR.

I have also downloaded it into my iPad and iPod so that I can watch it every time I feel like it. It also makes it easier for me to share with other friends and people who are open minded. These days with iShare programs, friends can easily transfer the Illustrated Story from my iPod to theirs.

It's wonderful to share even with a younger audience like kids.

What an excellent original creation from this website team! Thanks a million times over!

I'll definitely keep sharing!
Helena

kris

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 08:32:18 PM »
As a newbie, I really like this Illustrated Story of Dorje Shugden. It gives a brief yet very clear background knowledge of Dorje Shugden for newbies like me. It also makes it easy for me to share Dorje Shugden with my friends who are new to Dorje Shugden.

I would assume a lot of time has been spend in coming out with the script, illustrations, voice over. Thank you for such a good work!!

Manjushri

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 10:08:44 PM »
If you are new to the practices of Dorje Shugden, like me, and want a quick, brief background on DS, then I highly recommend you to watch this video.

It was superb. It is very very well made, the story is clear and easy to  understand. It gives a very good and brief introduction to DS, and someone like myself could pick it up and comprehend it very quickly.

From the video, I garnered the background, and how the Dharma Protector Dorje Shugden arose. Despite the fact that the video is made with cartoons and narration, it is still caprtivating.The voice of the narrator suits the video well.

This was acutally the first thing I clicked on during my first visit to dorjeshugden.com, and I do hope that there is more in future, maybe illustrating the story of how the ban arose? It could be quite interesting since there is so much material on the website itself.