Author Topic: Illustrated Story  (Read 16231 times)

whitelion

Re: Illustrated Story
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 12:53:30 AM »
I like this illustration of DS life story. It's easy to understand, no stress watching compare to documentary type of video clips. It's very clear and full of information yet it's very light presentation. I show this to my friends and they all find it very easy to understand. It's a very good idea to download it onto ipad and carry around. whoever is the illustration artist, i must say you did a god job.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 10:30:07 AM »
I like this illustration of DS life story. It's easy to understand, no stress watching compare to documentary type of video clips. It's very clear and full of information yet it's very light presentation. I show this to my friends and they all find it very easy to understand. It's a very good idea to download it onto ipad and carry around. whoever is the illustration artist, i must say you did a god job.

Hahaha stress? What kind of documentaries have you been watching? ;)

Dont forget to thank the DS.com admin. The artist drew but it was probs admin who told the artist what kind of look or feel they wanted for the illustrated lifestory, or what points to focus on. Theyre always coming up with new ways to spread DS... think it started with the brochures way back some time last year. THATS dedication.

dorjedakini

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 10:52:37 AM »
When i first saw this Illustrated Story, I'm so exciting and thankful to dorjeshugden.com for coming with this brilliant idea. It helps me to explain to my relative and friends, it make so easy to let them know the history, lineage, and the High Lamas' background who practice Shugden.

It gave them a clearer picture of Shugden practice, on top of that it sent a message to them that if this protector is evil or not effective, why people spent time and energy to produce this illustrated story with voice over and nice images, for sure someone have been benefited by Dorje Shugden.

Thank you so much for all the hard-work!

DharmaSpace

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 12:11:09 PM »
Even after watching this video a couple of times I still feel its an interesting video to watch over and over again. Good and easy way to share to beginners about who is Dorje Shugden and the role of a dharma protector. Dharma Protectors help us not to go deeper into samsara. Its very nice to have the lore of Dorje Sugden explained to us , how this universal dharma protector arose in the first place. Lets help the site to bump up the number of views till 100k, people. To show our gratitude to the people who brought to live this video.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 03:48:08 PM »
I've been showing a few of my friends the illustrated story from this website to introduce them to DS. And I must say, it makes things easier and 8 out of 10 of them have downloaded the prayer. Out of 8, 5 of them say their prayer every day and they come to this website very often to find out more about the development of DS.

Thank you admin for thinking of these amazing concept for us to use as tools to spread our protector far and wide.

Manjushri

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2011, 07:45:51 PM »
The Illustrated story was the first thing I clicked when I stumbled upon www.dorjeshugden.com.

It is by far one of the best educational videos I've watched. Whether or not it is about Dorje Shugden, that's not the point.. it's just a really well made video that gave me, a newbie, a solid background to Dorje Shugden - who he is. I just watched it and went.... "ooooh". It was comprehensive, factual, educational, and informative... I was well impressed with the video. Beside, the narration is lively and enthusiastic.

I highly recommend it, and there are so many points that you can gather in there which highlights that Dorje Shugden is not a spirit. The fact which stood out most was when the Mindroling Lama was called to "capture" Dorje Shugden, Setrap appeared to distract and therefore the Mindroling Lama was unsuccessful..If Dorje Shugden was an evil spirit, Setrap wouldn't come to help him. And eventually even the 5th Dalai Lama realised his good qualities and wrote a praise for Dorje Shugden.

xx

Big Uncle

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 03:04:50 AM »
I <3 this Dorje Shugden illustrated story. It made all the various stories of Dorje Shugden join together in a simple and easy educational show that reveals the nature, power and history behind this great Protector. I have downloaded it and show it to people when I need to explain about Dorje Shugden. Next, would be to figure out how to get the video onto my phone!

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 01:03:25 PM »
it's great that there is so much positive feedback about the illustrated story. I've showed it to several friends and their kids and the great thing is that it appeals across the board, whatever age you are. It gives a broad view to the entire story from the beginning... and the roles that HH Pabongkha Rinpoche and HH Trijang Rinpoche played in bringing this sacred practice to us today.

I know the admin of this website has probably heard it all before but here it is again and i can never say it enough - thank you!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

thaimonk

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2011, 12:52:22 PM »
It's the only in the whole world. It surely is very beneficial. Many views already. We need this in many languages. Anyone care to translate into various languages?

dsiluvu

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2011, 03:05:17 PM »
Would be great if Hollywood would take it on and put it on the big screen... ;)

ilikeshugden

• Email
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 02:31:58 PM »
OMG! This was so well done. I really like it. Congratulations to the people who did this. It is so beautiful. I learned so much about Dorje Shugden from it.  It allowed me to learn a lot about Dorje Shugden's history.

I think it would be so cool to have a movie about him  :P

DharmaSpace

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2011, 10:02:52 AM »
i likeshugden, please share the about this video on your social media sites , many people will benefit from it.

Reena Searl

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 04:04:05 PM »
This beautifully done illustrated DS story makes me understand the history of DS even more clearly.
I watched many times and still find this interesting.
I will keep sharing this video to many more people, thank you ds.com for posting this wonderful video.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »
I like what thaimonk mentioned about translating it to many languages , it will spread dorje shugden like wild fire !!!!
Folks we are 6k from 100k on the video keep sharing the love.

Aurore

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2013, 06:16:48 PM »
I think this should definitely be translated into Tibetan as it will become useful and easy it would be for the young monks in the monastery to learn from. Imagine a new educational tool for learning about the history of DS implemented in all Shugden monasteries. Super cool. :)