Author Topic: Geshe Lobsang Tenzin accepts long life  (Read 10963 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
Geshe Lobsang Tenzin accepts long life
« on: April 29, 2011, 10:31:47 PM »
Geshe Lobsang Tenzin was the lead chanter of Gaden Shartse Monastery for many years. His knowledge of sutra and tantra is beyond question and he hails from Dokhang Khamtsen.

With the ban by Dalai Lama, Geshe Lobsang Tenzin has left Gaden Shartse Monastery for Shar Gaden. Many of his students followed him to Shar Gaden loyally and a few remained in Gaden Shartse Monastery.

Here we can see a long life puja offered by Shar Gaden to Geshe Lobsang Tenzin on April 10, 2011. How wonderful to see this.

May Geshe-la's life be long and prayers be fulfilled.

TK

Zach

Re: Geshe Lobsang Tenzin accepts long life
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 08:03:16 AM »
How wonderful I certainly agree !  :)

whitelion

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 09:38:53 PM »
How auspicious :) My guru told me sometimes ago, is a very good sign that any high lama or guru accept a long life puja from the students. Because when the guru/lama accepted the puja also means that this guru/lama willing to stay a longer time to teach the Dharma.

Why does the guru decided to stay a little longer? Because for all highly attain being like out lama/guru, their only reason for them to remain in our world is because they love and care, they hope to teach us as much as they can, so we will be ok. But if we don't transform our mind and keep goes against our lama's will or advise, no matter how many long life puja we sponsored or how many expensive offering we offer to the guru, the guru will still leave us, because the student, we never create causes for the lama or guru to stay.

I'm really happy to see another great geshe-la willing to stay longer for the benefit of us, i hope one day i will meet him personally and make some offering to him, may Geshe-la always in good health and long life, may all the gurus long life and stable health :)

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 07:37:14 AM »
I have many great recordings of Geshe Lobsang Tenzin. Some of them are chants, like the Kangso, and others are instructions on the various chant melodies.

I also had the fortune of offering him a khata during Losar.What a remarkable monk.

WoselTenzin

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 11:17:59 AM »
I think it's very auspicious that another Lama accepts a long life puja from his students indicating that he is willing to live long to teach the Dharma.  This is a extremely good news.  It means that his students are applying the Dharma that he taught and transforming for the better and he is moved to accept the long life puja.

Although at present time, people are relatively affluent and material needs are comparatively easier to come by than before, many people are suffering from emotional and mental challenges.  Dharma knowledge and understanding is so needed to combat this intense suffering of modern people.  Qualified Lamas who hold authentic lineage and can disseminate authentic teachings are so rare.

I rejoice that Geshe Lobsang Tenzin accepts the long life puja offered by his students.  Being a Dorje Shugden lama, his acceptance of the long life puja also means that he will continue to teach and spread Dorje Shugden practice. 

How fortunate for beings who have karmic affinity with him.

Manjushri

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 06:21:24 PM »
I recently learned a little bit on offering and doing the long life puja (Kandro Tenshug).

I was told that if the guru does not appear and accept the puja, the puja will be of no use in prolonging your guru's life, the intended purpose would not be fulfilled - only merits will be generated in doing the puja, like performing any other puja. But if your guru accepts the offer of the puja, it becomes very powerful, as that would mean that he will live longer to continue turning the wheel of Dharma. Highly attained lamas have full control over their birth and death, and therefore, if accepted he can extend his life - is what I'm saying correct?

Anyways, I agree with whitelion. If we do not create the causes for our guru to stay by transforming our minds and doing more, going allt he way, then ultimately it makes sense for the guru to leave us, as he can go somewhere else to benefit others who are willing to transform. Maybe it's a method of teaching, that when we become complacent and our guru leaves us, then we only will regret and it will push us to do more?

There is so much love and care given to us by our guru, and if we reciprocate the same, I am sure that our guru will remain to teach and guide us. But if we take things for granted then what is the point? We abuse the compassion, kindness and love - so we push our guru further away.

I am very excited and happy that Geshe Lobsang Tenzin accepted his students request for a long life, continuing to spread Dorje Shugden, the Dharma, and allowing his students to serve him. May I have the utmost merits to visit Shar Gaden one day, to meet this esteemed lama.

Big Uncle

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 03:14:20 AM »
it is indeed wonderful news. It is imperative that such great Lamas live long because Shar Gaden needs such illustrious masters to bestow teachings and initiations. It is indeed wonderful indication of the samaya and conduct of the great Sangha of Shar Gaden. It would be these monks that will be spreading the Gaden Tradition and Dorje Shugden all over the world and perhaps reintroduce Dorje Shugden back to the great monasteries once the ban has been lifted, forgotten or dissolved over time.                                                                               

DharmaDefender

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 03:26:04 PM »
I recently learned a little bit on offering and doing the long life puja (Kandro Tenshug).

I was told that if the guru does not appear and accept the puja, the puja will be of no use in prolonging your guru's life, the intended purpose would not be fulfilled - only merits will be generated in doing the puja, like performing any other puja. But if your guru accepts the offer of the puja, it becomes very powerful, as that would mean that he will live longer to continue turning the wheel of Dharma. Highly attained lamas have full control over their birth and death, and therefore, if accepted he can extend his life - is what I'm saying correct?

Anyways, I agree with whitelion. If we do not create the causes for our guru to stay by transforming our minds and doing more, going allt he way, then ultimately it makes sense for the guru to leave us, as he can go somewhere else to benefit others who are willing to transform. Maybe it's a method of teaching, that when we become complacent and our guru leaves us, then we only will regret and it will push us to do more?

Speaking of long life and kandro tenshuk, the 'creating the causes' bit starts at the puja itself when the students make masses of offerings to the lama to generate the merit to support such a request.

There are many stages of acceptance way before the actual puja, you do realise. The lama has to accept the invitation to attend the puja, and has to accept the students request to even PREPARE for the puja to begin with. The final acceptance comes during the puja itself when the lama accepts the request to extend his life.

So I think the whole scenario can go a few ways...

(1) the students have to first generate the merit to support the request to prepare for the puja, then generate the merits to make the actual request

(2) if the students transform BEFORE the puja, that in itself generate the merits to sustain the gurus life. So the students dont have to make the request as their continuous transformation is an offering in itself... although it would be extremely meritorious and auspicious for them to do so

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 08:56:30 PM »
When Trijang Rinpoche entered clear light in 1981, Zong Rinpoche health deteriorated further as they were extremely close. Gaden Monastery decided to offer a long life puja for Zong Rinpoche, requesting him to stay on longer as Trijang Rinpoche was no longer "around". Zong Rinpoche accepted and after a few days later, the monastery witness a vast improvement in Zong Rinpoche health. He no longer needed a walking stick

Long life puja is important and can make a different if it is offer up sincerely. Why? Because the lama can control his death and rebirth.

kris

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 03:02:51 PM »
Last time I have this question that why do teachers need to be "requested" to stay longer? Isn't the teacher supposed to stay longer to teach Dharma "anyway"?

After studying the Lamrim, I realized that it is really a matter of attitude. The Lamas are already very compassionate to reincarnate as human to teach Dharma, and if we don't have the attitude to humble and request for teaching, no matter how hard the Lama teaches Dharma, the Dharma will not come into our mind.

As such, when a Guru accepts the students' long life puja to stay longer to teach Dharma (or a more "technical term", turning the Dharma Wheel), I rejoice!!

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 05:20:13 PM »
It was real courageous of Geshe Lobsang Tenzin to move to Shar Gaden monastery when the ban was imposed by HH Dalai Lama. It also shows he is a very devoted DS practitioner. Even though he was holding such a high position in a well established monastery(Gaden), he opted to leave so that he could continue with his DS practice. With him accepting the puja, he is agreeing to continue to turn the wheel of dharma. I rejoice for all his students. May many more Geshes be trained by Geshe Lobsang to spread the teachings of Buddha.

Manjushri

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 06:02:40 PM »
When Trijang Rinpoche entered clear light in 1981, Zong Rinpoche health deteriorated further as they were extremely close. Gaden Monastery decided to offer a long life puja for Zong Rinpoche, requesting him to stay on longer as Trijang Rinpoche was no longer "around". Zong Rinpoche accepted and after a few days later, the monastery witness a vast improvement in Zong Rinpoche health. He no longer needed a walking stick

Long life puja is important and can make a different if it is offer up sincerely. Why? Because the lama can control his death and rebirth.

Actually, Song Rinpoche was requested to live longer to help look for the re-incarnation of H H Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang, as they were very close whilst Trijang Rinpoche was alive. At that time, Song Rinpoche was very sick and frail, walking with a cane, and hunching...many thought that it was Song Rinpoche's time to enter clear light. However, when Song Rinpoche accepted the request to live long, the next day, he was back to normal, like he was not sick anymore, walking upright and not needing a cane. Magical huh?..how fast things change. Irony is that when Song Rinpoche entered clear light, he did not show any signs of illness or deterioration. He just entered clear light like that.

Definitely like what shugdenpromoter said, high lamas have their own ability to control their own rebirth and death, which they decide at many levels where the ordinary would not be able to fathom.

It is very auspicious for the lama to accept the Tenshug to signify that he will remain longer to turn the wheel of Dharma.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 03:47:45 PM »
I feel it is so important for students to request their lama to stay on long. It is a very important karmic action that should be done by the students. And for the students it is very excellent as they need to have it very firm in their minds they want the lama to stay , because the lama is beneficial, and by them asking their lama to stay they also create the causes for them to meet the dharma wherever they go and etc.

So many benefits for the students to be the ones to request their lamas to stay. If people or practitioners cannot even verbalise what they want it shows that they are probably not wanting to grow spiritually anymore as where the Lama is is where we will have dharma.

dsiluvu

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2012, 05:59:12 PM »
This is indeed a rejoicing news. I am happy to learn that Geshe Lobsang Tenzin moved to Shar Gaden monastery when the ban was imposed by HH Dalai Lama.

This clearly shows how very devoted he is to his Guru and Dorje Shugden practice. These senior teachers are very much needed in Shugden monasteries. I realised now how significant Shar Gaden will be later in the future as the will be the ones producing attained erudite teachers to continue the lineage and spreading Dharma. Also in a way it is good that Shar Gaden arose... we can see as time goes by those that remain true to Guru and their lineage practice and those that decide to be part of politics. This clearly shows their agendas.

Geshe Lobsang shows a good example of loyalty to His Guru and practice and for him to be requested to live long in Shar Gaden is a clear indication of his caliber and how much he can benefit. May Geshe Lobsang continue to turn the wheel of Dharma and his work flourishes swiftly!

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2012, 11:41:27 PM »

Actually, Song Rinpoche was requested to live longer to help look for the re-incarnation of H H Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang, as they were very close whilst Trijang Rinpoche was alive. At that time, Song Rinpoche was very sick and frail, walking with a cane, and hunching...many thought that it was Song Rinpoche's time to enter clear light. However, when Song Rinpoche accepted the request to live long, the next day, he was back to normal, like he was not sick anymore, walking upright and not needing a cane. Magical huh?..how fast things change. Irony is that when Song Rinpoche entered clear light, he did not show any signs of illness or deterioration. He just entered clear light like that.

Definitely like what shugdenpromoter said, high lamas have their own ability to control their own rebirth and death, which they decide at many levels where the ordinary would not be able to fathom.

It is very auspicious for the lama to accept the Tenshug to signify that he will remain longer to turn the wheel of Dharma.

It is beneficial too for sentient beings when the Lama has accepted a Long Life Puja because it is due to the blessings of the Lama having accepted this Long Life Puja, sentient beings who will enter into the door of the  Great Losang Drakpa's lineage will be with a guide and their spiritual endeavors will come to fruition with the blessings of the guru!

It is indeed a happy and auspicious occasion as we celebrate this wonderful event of a Lama's wish to live long in order to bring about benefit and happiness. May the merits abound from this wonderful puja too be a cause for more high masters from the Dulzin Lineage to live long and to lift the ban.

Like the Noble Sage Buddha who decided to come to earth and benefit beings of the unruly, so does these illustrious Lamas choose to stay longer in order to tame those who weren't tamed by Buddhas of the past
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!