Author Topic: Free to download & share, Modern Buddhism by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso  (Read 10493 times)

Robert Thomas

Hello friends. I just wanted to let you know that Geshe-la is giving this book as a present to everyone.

It's a beautiful amazing book distilling all of his teaching and advice into incredibly clear, succinct advise which is 100% practice oriented. From page one you know exactly what to practice, how and why. I use it as a daily meditation book - working through it section by section with contemplation and meditation every day. I find it really alive with blessings and urgent with instilling in me a strong desire to practice, understand and realise!

I really can't praise the book highly enough. It even includes essential Sadhanas in vol 3, like Quick path, 21 Tara etc. I'm so moved by this gift - I hope many other people will also enjoy it, in the deepest sense of that word :-D.

Thank you Geshe-la!

www.emodernbuddhism.com

DharmaSpace

Re: Free to download & share, Modern Buddhism by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 03:56:37 PM »
Thanks bob :)

gohdi

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 11:44:28 AM »
 :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D

gohdi

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 09:05:02 AM »
I downloaded it on the kindle and on my mobile. It is great to have it always available. It is sooo beautiful to have the chance to read these instructions whenever I have few minutes of free time.. Thank you Gehe'la.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 09:07:28 AM »
There will be a long life puja for Geshe Kelsang Gyatso at Shar Gaden tomorrow. We are all very excited.  ;D

DharmaSpace

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 01:46:17 PM »
Thats wonderful to support Shar Gaden by conducting long life pujas for lamas there. The monasteries are the ones that preserve our lineage and tradition.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 05:13:54 AM »
The first long-life puja for Geshe Kelsang Gyatso just finished. There will be another one at Trijang Ladrang after lunch. The devotion the monks have for Geshe-la is very uplifting. All of the monks were given a picture of Geshe-la to put on their altars.

Happy Birthday Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.

triesa

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 01:53:23 PM »
Thank you Robert Thomas for the link!

May Geshe Kelsang Gyatso lives long to continue turn the wheel of dharma to benefit many more.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 02:14:26 PM »
10 senior Geshes and tulkus of Shar Gaden performed an extended Guru Puja with tsog just a little while ago in the throne-room of Trijang Ladrang. It was a very powerful experience.

Very exciting day here at Shar Gaden. A total of three different pujas were held today in honor of Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.   ;D

Small being

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 02:56:40 PM »
10 senior Geshes and tulkus of Shar Gaden performed an extended Guru Puja with tsog just a little while ago in the throne-room of Trijang Ladrang. It was a very powerful experience.

Very exciting day here at Shar Gaden. A total of three different pujas were held today in honor of Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.   ;D

I am very moved to hear about long-life pujas for Venerable Geshe-la at Shar Gaden. Thanks for sharing these news with us, TS. I would love to hear more about this 'very exciting day' in honour of Geshe Kelsang.

Best wishes,
SB

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 03:19:54 PM »

I am very moved to hear about long-life pujas for Venerable Geshe-la at Shar Gaden. Thanks for sharing these news with us, TS. I would love to hear more about this 'very exciting day' in honour of Geshe Kelsang.

Best wishes,
SB

First, there were simultaneous pujas for Geshe Kelsang Gyatso in the two prayer halls of Shar Gaden.

Next was a small puja in the debate hall with all of the younger monks. The school principal gave a short speeh about his respect for Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. This was followed by the cutting and sharing of a huge birthday cake to mark Geshe-la's 80th birthday.

Next there was the puja at Trijang Ladrang, attended by senior Geshes and Rinpoches. This was an extended Guru Puja with tsog.

I was fortunate to be at all of the above pujas. What a blessing for everyone present.

The new framed picture of Geshe Kelsang Gyatso will now be installed in the main prayer hall of the monastery.

Small being

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 09:01:12 PM »
The new framed picture of Geshe Kelsang Gyatso will now be installed in the main prayer hall of the monastery.

Wow! Would love to see that - can you take a picture and upload it here or in the Shar Gaden news thread? That would be greatly appreciated.

SB

gomchen

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 06:20:40 PM »
Dear Robert,
Thanks for the link.

Dear TS,
Thanks for the info', It is great to know the monks at Shar Ganden hold Geshe-la in such high regard. Rejoice!! There is no one who compares to Geshe Kelsang from the point of view of the amount he has benefited the beings of this planet by spreading the the clear and pure teachings of Lama Tsongkhapa so far and wide. He has given everyone the opportunity to enter and complete the path to Buddhahood. He has also helped the Monks at Shar Ganden by standing for them and openly opposing the ban of protector Dorje Shugden.

lightning

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 06:30:31 PM »
May Geshe Keslang remain long life and turn Dharma Wheel. :D

gohdi

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 07:43:50 PM »
@gomchen,
thanks for sharing this nice picture with us.

Regards
Gohdi