Author Topic: Happy losar and a picture of DS mandala  (Read 3846 times)

thubwang

Happy losar and a picture of DS mandala
« on: February 07, 2008, 09:10:28 PM »
 :D Happy losar to all !
Here is a picture of gyelchen's mandala, which Lama Caroline traced a long time ago.
I had a small print of this, scanned, illutrator and photoshop  and a lot of real prints made which ended up in the uk, italy, spain, nepal and possibly the home land of Tibet. May it bring peace to all, and may realization grow.
May I thank the administrator for this great commentary by Triyang Rinpoche, and all the people whom worked on it,  lama thubwang
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 12:24:49 AM by thubwang »

DharmaDefender

Re: Happy losar and a picture of DS mandala
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 04:45:57 AM »
How appropriate I found this thread...given Losar 2013 is coming up and there is a new DS mandala floating about the Interweb :)

Its not entirely clear but you can see Shize below Dorje Shugden, Gyenze to the left, Wangtze above him and Trakze to the right. Then theres the eight guiding monks, the nine mothers and the 10 youthful and wrathful assistants surrounding them...and appropriately the mandala is below Lama Tsongkhapa and his heart sons, since Dorje Shugden resides under Lama Tsongkhapas throne.

My only question - where is Setrap in all of this? I thought he resides in Dorje Shugdens mandala too, on the second level?

Ganden_follower

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 05:00:15 AM »
Wow! Thanks for bumping and for posting this mandala  :) I don't see Setrap either... or Kache Marpo or Namkha Barzin for that matter. Maybe it has to do with the top-down view as opposed to the "front" view that is normally shown in the more popular DS images.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 07:21:03 PM »
It is such a blessing even if we only had a glimpse of Lord Dorje Shugden's image. I hope that soon, the ban will be lifted and that every Tibetan will come together to celebrate Losar and may this Lord bring happiness, peace and may Tsongkhapa's lineage flourish under His protection.