Author Topic: Better Methods to contact Dorje Shugden  (Read 11800 times)

dharmabrother

• Email
Better Methods to contact Dorje Shugden
« on: June 06, 2011, 03:48:16 AM »
Hi all

Im a practicioner who just found dorje shugden, and recited his mantras, and had good results with certain things, especially when i offer him milk and flowers and incense.. He makes me more patient and not really be affected by peoples negativity or how they treat me when i about town.. (In other words, He helped me to see that I really dont care what people say, or do).

It's all fine and dandy until My girlfriend takes the altar down after im done practicsing, or when im setting the altar up.. She fears me getting into any kind of activity that would draw attention away from her.. (insecure).

so my quesiton is.. Is there a sigil or sigillum of Dorje Shugden..  or a signature in which i can contact him.. I would love to get as CLOSE as i can to him, and conversate with him daily..

And how can I conversate with dorje shugden daily, where I can receive information and converse with him?

I thank you all
Dharmabrother

lightning

Re: Better Methods to contact Dorje Shugden
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 03:26:43 PM »
First you must have qualified spiritual guide to teach you especially as Gelugpa's rinpoches who practiced on Dorje shugden. Second It would be better that you have a Highest Yoga Tantra Empowerment such as Yamantaka, Chakrasamvra, Hevajra (the 5 main ones) etc. I would recommend Yamantaka. With a Buddhist Deity such as a Highest Yoga Tantra class, it would be more easier for you to establish a connection with Dorje Shugden or any other Protector that you like. Without the the King or recognized authority, the bodyguard would not respond to you. Although even you do offerings and mantra, the connection would be limited than unless you had a Highest yoga tantra empowerment, if not you may consider other 3 lower classes of empowerment such as Manjushri at least.

Try chanting Dorje Shugden's mantra as many as you can everyday without fail and better if you try to chant up to 100,000 times or even up to 400,000 times. You will notice some significant change in your connection with protector. Most importantly, you must conduct yourself in accordance to Dharma Teachings and protectors are happy to guard practitioners who are in accordance to Dharma teachings.

Lastly, do have a nice talk to convince your girlfriend that your practice will not affect your relationship with her and your practice in fact helps you to become a better person.

Happy practising and Tashi Telek,
Lightning

lightning

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 03:40:06 PM »
I mean try to commit to accumulate chanting of protector mantra 100,000 times separately. Sorry that my sentence sounds misleading. :P
By the way, Dorje Shugden love alcohol and red wine offerings, please consult a qualified quide on the wine offering method for better result. You may offer yogurt and papaya as far as I remember. Palden Lhamo loves fish soap as offering.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 03:58:11 PM »
Palden Lhamo loves fish soap as offering.

Really? Not sure if you are serious, but this cracked me up when I read it....totally wasn't ready for it. :D

lightning

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 04:01:48 PM »
Sorry should be fish soup :P

dharmabrother

• Email
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 07:51:56 PM »
thanks yall, i appreciate it.

So theres no sigil to the protectors?

And chanting 100 to 400k times.. in one day, or gradually as time goes on?

I will seek empowerments to get to know dorje shugden.. i dont get as angry about things.

i tried to tell my girlfriend about this..she was raised in strict christianity.. which messed her mind up. everything is witchcraft thats beyond her control. she will always struggle with this unless i contact the protector personally and probably have him speak through me. dont worry. shell be ok.. she will see that this is no harm. and it will keep our kids safe. dorje shugden will protect all those that rely on him.

db

lightning

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 05:13:31 AM »
thanks yall, i appreciate it.

So theres no sigil to the protectors?

And chanting 100 to 400k times.. in one day, or gradually as time goes on?

I will seek empowerments to get to know dorje shugden.. i dont get as angry about things.

i tried to tell my girlfriend about this..she was raised in strict christianity.. which messed her mind up. everything is witchcraft thats beyond her control. she will always struggle with this unless i contact the protector personally and probably have him speak through me. dont worry. shell be ok.. she will see that this is no harm. and it will keep our kids safe. dorje shugden will protect all those that rely on him.

db
you may try to accumulate 100,000 times as times goes by and try to commit chanting 108 times and above daily. Better would be 10 rounds of the 108 mala beads daily. Heard of one rinpoche did accumulation of 1million times in the past and of course the connection was much stronger. Bear in mind that you have to be keen in learning Dharma especially Lamrim and practice according to Dharma teachings for Dorje Shugden to offer maximum assistance.

You may want to try chanting 1 million times of protector mantra for Dorje Shugden to communicate with you but there is no guarantee as individual results defers. With strong faith and enlightenment intention, it could be possible. I have known of some layman who can request for protectors' help in lightning speed. Having Dorje Shugden Empowerment would strengthen your yoga (connection) with the protector, but first you are required to have highest yoga tantra empowerment.

Do handle your girlfriend in a effective and compassionate way, who knows one fine day you may slowly swing her to Buddhism!

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 10:36:54 AM »
The best way to convince your girlfriend of the benefits of Dharma Protector practice is for you to transform to be a better person... that will give her confidence that what you're doing is good... be patient, be kind - how old are your kids? Be a responsible dad... embody the qualities of the Buddha and your girlfriend will not have any cause to worry.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

triesa

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 12:33:13 PM »
The best way to convince your girlfriend of the benefits of Dharma Protector practice is for you to transform to be a better person... that will give her confidence that what you're doing is good... be patient, be kind - how old are your kids? Be a responsible dad... embody the qualities of the Buddha and your girlfriend will not have any cause to worry.

Very well said Wisdom being.....I can't agree more on this.

dsiluvu

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 07:35:08 PM »
Dharmabrother, WB's advice is wise... about your girlfriend, nothing will turn her more off then seeing you babble on about how great this practice is and preaching on it hard core. Never do that because that will drive her up the wall and probably out of your life even faster. Instead with patience, you show her how this great practice has helped you be a more patient, helpful, sensitive and loving towards her - help her to be not so insecure. Can start with all those things or bad habit of yours she dislike and has been complaining to you about. Once she sees that you've changed, her heart will be lighter and her perception of this evil witchcraft you are doing ain't all that bad since you are a nicer person. Her mind will then be more open and receptive. I've always been advice, as Buddhist we cannot teach someone the Dharma if they did not ask in the first place. 

Perhaps to protect her mind, you could clear or create a private space for your altar that does not disturb her, maybe there's another room you could convert? It will also be better for you to focus and do your sadhana/prayers. If you have a Dorje Shugden image/statue, you could keep it in a nice cabinet. I mean Dorje Shugden ain't exactly very timid and gentle looking and it is after all a "secret practice" and not be shown to the world for fear of this very reaction you are getting. It is always important to protect people's mind so that they don't collect negative karma from their negative reactions and thoughts.

Hope it helps :)

Would be nice to see a picture of your altar set up? 

dharmabrother

• Email
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 03:44:28 AM »
THANK YOU ALL!! what loving kindness has been shown through these post!!!

yes, you have hit my girlfriend on the dot. She even thinks Judaism is bad, which I have great respect for that religion. There god is powerful!!
We have 2 children together one is 2 years old.. the other Born Yesterday on the 7th. Of course, i've been very busy, very, very busy. I've I have many questions.

With my girlfriend. She is difficult.. But arent all women LOL. But there are many things which are private that i will not say.. but I've split up from her many times, and we do have a huge hole in our relationship, I mean theres 2 sides to every story.. but what i know..  is that she has which i discovered as negative karma. To be honest, I do love her, But she is not my soulmate. but she is my best friend and like family to me.. and I'll always treat her as such, I may never make her happy.. But Dorje Shugden has helped me to see thats ok. Since doing Sadhanas, i've come to understand and be aware a little more of my family and everyone else. I also do the mitsegma and guru yoga of Je Tsongkapa, and then I do the sadhana of Dorje.

Yeah I can give a picture of my altar set up.  but i have no mandala or statue of Dorje shugden or the 5 buddhas. But i give yogurt and milk, light myrrh inscense with a green candle with flowers in a vase.. and they HAVE NOT died yet.. normally by now they would..

I like to watch the candle and incense when do the sadhana.. how it flickers and the flames raise when doing his mantra, and reciting certain sentences the smoke comes my way.. and it's pretty calming and relaxing. I feel i am blessed.

I think i have friends in here.. I would like to extend my hand to you all in friendship

DB

Roberto

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 02:37:09 PM »

Very well said Wisdom being.....I can't agree more on this.

ditto... Change is the only way friend. When first starting out with Buddhist practice we all come across as "Born Again", "hallejuah" "praise the Buddha".

Then reality steps in and our habits have this great way of pulling us back down to earth. Nothing happens so fast, many lifetimes of negative Karma we still have to deal with not to mention our present lives hangups, fears and attachments.

Your girlfriend will notice and blow out of proportion all our bad points while ignoring or just taking for granted our good points.

Keep at it, because it does work!

Zach

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 10:31:45 PM »
Remain Natural while changing your aspirations !  ;D

DharmaSpace

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 12:02:36 AM »
Welcome Dharmabrother.
To this dorjeshugden site.  Our protector will lead you along the path of enlightenment and doing the practice one finds oneself willing to take up much more challenges to benefit others. Hope you have a endless relationship with the greatest protector of our times for our spiritual growth.

Many people have benefitted form this practice, some had their lives given back to them even.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 11:09:46 AM »
Hi DB

Congratulations on your new baby...  both your kids are young and i am sure your girlfriend will need lots of support from you. It's sad that your relationship is a tumultuous one - perhaps you can try to make it more stable for the sake of your children. Even if she is not your soulmate, at least you do love her.  You, your girlfriend and your two children have some karma together which is why you are together, so i think you just have to work out whatever karma it is so that it becomes a good one and finishes all the bad stuff.

Show your girlfriend that Buddhism makes you a great father because Buddhism is all about taking responsibility for our actions and putting others' needs above our own. You may never make your girlfriend happy, but you can just do your best - and you can also impart Buddhism and Tsongkhapa's practice to your children and bring Dorje Shugden's blessings to your entire family.

Good luck!

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being