Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Heart Crystal  (Read 22120 times)

kris

Re: Dorje Shugden Heart Crystal
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 07:49:49 PM »
Can someone post a photo of the crystal?

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 10:32:01 AM »
Kris,

Look at page 2 of this thread, there is a picture of the crystal posted by whitelion.

:)
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

ChoDorje

• Email
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2011, 02:11:47 AM »
Just stumbled on this discussion by chance... I was given the crystals when I received the life entrustment from my lamas.  I was told that Dorje Shugden resides in that crystal; however, it was also made clear that Dorje Shugden will be present anywhere where the Buddhadharma is present, especially the teachings of Jamgon Tsongkhapa (all my lamas have said that wherever there is a text of the Lamrim Chenmo, Dorje Shugden will be present with it).

WisdomBeing

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2011, 05:43:39 AM »
Dear ChoDorje

I love what you said - that Dorje Shugden is present everywhere the Buddhadharma is present. That shows that Dorje Shugden IS a Buddha. He is NOT sectarian. Contrary to the naysayers, Dorje Shugden is actually a Buddha for everyone.

I also loved your remark that Dorje Shugden is in all Lamrim texts! It makes perfect sense as he is protecting Tsongkhapa's teachings. He is also Manjushri, as is Tsongkhapa.

Thank you for sharing and do share more!

DharmaSpace

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2011, 05:03:11 PM »
Thanks Cho Dorje for sharing, it so happen I have a copy of Lamrim Chenmo in my prayer space. So Dorje Shugden has ben with me a long time ago always watchful over me. 

thor

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2011, 06:18:47 AM »
Just stumbled on this discussion by chance... I was given the crystals when I received the life entrustment from my lamas.  I was told that Dorje Shugden resides in that crystal; however, it was also made clear that Dorje Shugden will be present anywhere where the Buddhadharma is present, especially the teachings of Jamgon Tsongkhapa (all my lamas have said that wherever there is a text of the Lamrim Chenmo, Dorje Shugden will be present with it).

ChoDorje, my lama has said the same about Dorje Shugden being present wherever the BuddhaDharma is. I have heard a little of the significance associated with the crystals being received during sogtae, some to do with the bond it signifies between protector and practitioner. I am a great believer that such items, along with chakras and pendants have power, protection and great blessings, particularly when it is blessed by a holy lama such as my teacher, prior to receiving it.

Likewise, as long as we hold the BuddhaDharma in our hearts, and do what pleases Dorje Shugden most, hold our vows, practice guru devotion, study the lamrim, he will always be with us and watch over us. We don't need a pendant or chakra to receive his protection.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2011, 02:40:29 PM »
I carry a copy of the Lamrim in my bag whenever i go to work so that i dont forget to bring it during my Lamrim class. I am really glad to know that he has been watching over me all along! He truly is a real Dharmapala who protects without discrimination. Even Dharmapalas like Mahakala require an initiation to petition but not Dorje Shugden. This increases my faith in him even more!

WisdomBeing

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2011, 05:49:46 PM »

ChoDorje, my lama has said the same about Dorje Shugden being present wherever the BuddhaDharma is. I have heard a little of the significance associated with the crystals being received during sogtae, some to do with the bond it signifies between protector and practitioner. I am a great believer that such items, along with chakras and pendants have power, protection and great blessings, particularly when it is blessed by a holy lama such as my teacher, prior to receiving it.

Likewise, as long as we hold the BuddhaDharma in our hearts, and do what pleases Dorje Shugden most, hold our vows, practice guru devotion, study the lamrim, he will always be with us and watch over us. We don't need a pendant or chakra to receive his protection.

I do agree with you there - that we do not need pendants or any items to receive Dorje Shugden's protection. If we act contrary to Dharma, then our karma will be the result of our actions. Even Dorje Shugden cannot protect us, however powerful he is. No Buddha can stop our karma from fruitioning. However, i think that if we sincerely propitiate Dorje Shugden and act as you have said - holding our vows, and having a strong samaya with our teacher should we have one and learn and practice Dharma well, then Dorje Shugden would do all he can to remove our obstacles and protect us.

Saying that though, I would still dearly love to have a pendant or crystal of Dorje Shugden, simply as a tangible reminder of his presence with me at all times.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2015, 04:54:19 PM »
I pray that one day I will have the merits to receive Dorje Shugden's initiation, I will start by doing His prayers daily to create the cause for that to happen. I want to be able to hold this practise until the day I die and I pray for that to come true. _/\_

lotus1

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2015, 11:25:50 AM »
Thank you for sharing. Agreed with Gabby Potter that I pray that one day i will have the merits to receive the Dorje Shugden Initiation.

I saw that the online shop has the Dorje Shugden heart crystal that we can invite and wear it as a pendant, or keep it close to our body that will keep us safe from negative forces and evil spirits. Here's the link: http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/blessed-items/dorje-shugden-heart-crystal.html

It is so sacred and beautiful!

Traditionally, the heart crystal is offered to the person receiving the Dorje Shugden empowerment or sogtae as a symbol that Dorje Shugden is sworn to protect the recipient until he or she achieves Bodhichitta.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2015, 01:22:32 PM »

ChoDorje, thank you for your information on the Dorje Shugden heart crystal. Although I have been introduced to Dorje Shugden and have been relying on Him since, this is my first encounter with a clear explanation on the crystal. Just like what my kind teacher have always been reminding us to study and practice the lam rim and Lojong.
It is very comforting to know that Dorje Shugden will be present wherever the Buddhadharma is present. I am praying that I have the merits to receive a life entrustment from my teacher and to be the owner of the holy heart crystal.