Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Heart Crystal  (Read 22126 times)

jessicajameson

• Email
Dorje Shugden Heart Crystal
« on: June 14, 2011, 09:58:33 PM »
Hello!

I heard some of my Dharma brother and sisters talk about heart crystals.

Apparently there are crystals which have Dorje Shugden's mantra inscribed on them and they are blessed by holy monks and attained lamas. Is this true? And what is the significance of them? Why use crystal and can they protect you? And how can I get one?

I thought that this would be something nice to discuss about... after that topic about silly anti-shugden chakras!  :P

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Re: Dorje Shugden Heart Crystal
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 02:27:53 AM »
The crystals are usually given out during the sogte...or as a blessing.

I would like to hear more about them as well.

Big Uncle

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 04:17:59 AM »
I have a Dorje Shugden heart crystal. It was given to me by friend who got it from Gangchen Rinpoche. However, I don't really know its significance either. I was told that it is offered to the person receiving sogtae as a mark that Dorje Shugden is sworn to protect the recipient until he/she achieves Bodhichitta. For me, it was just a very neat blessing. I love it because it is kinda funky and new-age-y to be wearing a crystal around my neck.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 04:30:07 AM »
It is so cool to see all of the monks here at Shar Gaden wearing these crystals around their necks.

I have also seen similar crystals for Setrap.

Roberto

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 12:30:02 PM »
Hey Big Uncle,

I was passed one of these also by a friend who went to india. Not sure if its the same thing we're talking about here, because he just said its for protection.

Its quartz crystal with some tibetan text written around the outside. You think you can put a pic up of the one your talking about?

:)

DSFriend

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 02:38:30 PM »
It is so cool to see all of the monks here at Shar Gaden wearing these crystals around their necks.

I was told that one who receives the Heart Crystal may not show it to others.. as it is to be kept/worn in secret/not revealed just like this practice is a secret practice. Would love to learn more about this topic.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 02:42:56 PM »

I was told that one who receives the Heart Crystal may not show it to others.. as it is to be kept/worn in secret/not revealed just like this practice is a secret practice. Would love to learn more about this topic.

Well, if you live with 700 other people who also have the same crystal, it is hardly a secret.  ;D

beggar

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 04:44:37 PM »
I have not received the sogtae so I would not know for sure.... but this is what I understand from some teachings I received (pardon me - the memory might be a bit rusty.... so do keep checking, this is not gospel!).

Is this the same as a "heart jewel"? If so, I believe it is symbolic of a very sacred bond (a heart connection?) you create by accepting Dorje Shugden's practice and being committed to it for the rest of your life; simultaneously, of course, you receive the supreme protection of Dorje Shugden until you are enlightened.

I wonder - are we permitted to wear this without having received initiation? And are there any negative effects if we do?

Barzin

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 06:41:06 PM »
A heart crystal?  Sounds interesting.  Never seen one.  I pray for the day when Dorje Shugden is out in the day light and praised by many.  So we can get access to so many holy items of Shugden!  ;D

But one thing I don't understand is, why do we need items like crystal or chakra to wear so to protect us?  Wouldn't we do prayers are blessed enough?  Or these holy items have extra blessings?  And if it's for protection, wouldn't by reciting mantra is sufficient enough?  Just some random questions  ;)

lightning

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 07:56:42 PM »
Heart crystals are supposed to be for the Dorje Shugden life empowerment. As mentioned earlier, it is meant to protect the students till enlightenment. It is as same as the red string given by our Guru during highest yoga tantra empowerment. There may be other significances yet to be explained.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 08:04:29 PM »
I have not received the sogtae so I would not know for sure.... but this is what I understand from some teachings I received (pardon me - the memory might be a bit rusty.... so do keep checking, this is not gospel!).

Is this the same as a "heart jewel"? If so, I believe it is symbolic of a very sacred bond (a heart connection?) you create by accepting Dorje Shugden's practice and being committed to it for the rest of your life; simultaneously, of course, you receive the supreme protection of Dorje Shugden until you are enlightened.

I wonder - are we permitted to wear this without having received initiation? And are there any negative effects if we do?

Surely if it is meant as a blessing, whether or not you have the initiation is irrelevant.

All this talk about heart crystals... what do it actually look like? Crystal heart?

dsiluvu

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 08:31:29 PM »
This all very interesting.... yes it would be great if someone can put it up here so we can all see. I have seen a friend having a

I also agree that any image of a Buddha is a blessing and Doje Shugden is not an ordinary deity. Dorje Shugden is a Buddha and hence you can wear whatever pendants of DS even if you are not initiated. It still blesses and protect us. Dorje Shugden after is Manjushri = Yamantaka as well... so let take a look at this crystal.

DSFriend

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2011, 04:42:29 PM »

Does that mean that protectors in general would have similar crystals?

lightning

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 06:22:33 PM »

Does that mean that protectors in general would have similar crystals?
It seems that only Dorje shugden protector practioners will have this type of crystals.

Carpenter

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 06:26:38 PM »
It is always very nice to have crystals like this to protect us… I will be glad to have one too…. Hehe!!!

But what I am wondering is if we are not doing the practice well, we are not doing our sadhana regularly or we being selfish as ever, is this crystal still protect us no matter whatever reason it is?