Author Topic: Shar Gaden Abbot in France to request long life  (Read 12390 times)

Mana

Shar Gaden Abbot in France to request long life
« on: June 15, 2011, 05:15:11 PM »
The Abbot of Shar Gaden Monastery has left for France. He is offering long life puja and requests to His Holiness Gaden Trisur Rinpoche Jetsun Lungrik Namgyal and Jangtze Gyurme Kensur Rinpoche.

The abbot will officially request both lamas to please live long and continue their Dharma works. He will offer pujas to them in France directly in their presence. The pujas are called 'tenshug'. It is the tradition to offer tenshug to highly accomplished lamas as it is believed they have the tantric power to extend their lives if requested and merits are generated. The requests and pujas are to generate the merits and conditions for these great teachers to extend their lives. They are both healthy and fine as far as we have heard we are glad to update everyone.

Trisur Rinpoche and Gyurme Kensur both reside in France.

The Abbot of Shar Gaden (Ven Geshe Lobsang Pende) is very devoted and kind to do this. On behalf of Dorje Shugden's tradition, both Gaden Trisur Rinpoche and Gyurme Kensur are very important. For our tradition the Abbot will make requests. They are both senior and extremely learned lamas. Masters of sutra and tantra.

We wish the Venerable Abbot a good trip and we also wish these two great lamas will live very long.

Mana

thor

Re: Shar Gaden Abbot in France to request long life
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 05:23:40 PM »
Thank you Mana for the news. The holders of our lineage are precious indeed, and I rejoice that the Shar Gaden Abbot will be going to request them to live long. Thank you also for your description of the Tenshug. I have heard of this in the past, but have not witnessed one myself. As they have to power to extend their lives, that would mean that they are accomplished and have control over their death and rebirth. And these two great masters are strong practitioners of Dorje Shugden as well, I have read. I do hope that Trisur Rinpoche and Gyurme Kensur Rinpoche accept the request of the Abbot and extend their lives. We Dorje Shugden practitioners need them to continue turning the wheel of Dharma and upholding his tradition.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 05:31:24 PM »
The holy abbot of Shar Gaden, Venerable Geshe Lobsang Pende, actually left about a month ago for Italy with his great friend, colleague, and assisstant Venerable Geshe Wangyal. Khen Rinpoche stays in Italy for a few months a year giving teachings and visiting other lineage masters like Gangchen Rinpoche. He and many others who were in Italy have now made their way to France to participate in these long life pujas. Some senior monks from Shar Gaden are also in france right now to assist with the pujas.

We hope some of our friends who will be there will be able to post pictures!

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 05:36:00 PM »
The Abbot of Shar Gaden Monastery has left for France. He is offering long life puja and requests to His Holiness Gaden Trisur Rinpoche Jetsun Lungrik Namgyal and Jangtze Gyurme Kensur Rinpoche.

The abbot will officially request both lamas to please live long and continue their Dharma works. He will offer pujas to them in France directly in their presence. The pujas are called 'tenshug'. It is the tradition to offer tenshug to highly accomplished lamas as it is believed they have the tantric power to extend their lives if requested and merits are generated. The requests and pujas are to generate the merits and conditions for these great teachers to extend their lives. They are both healthy and fine as far as we have heard we are glad to update everyone.

The Abbot of Shar Gaden (Ven Geshe Lobsang Pende) is very devoted and kind to do this. On behalf of Dorje Shugden's tradition, both Gaden Trisur Rinpoche and Gyurme Kensur are very important. For our tradition the Abbot will make requests. They are both senior and extremely learned lamas. Masters of sutra and tantra.

We wish the Venerable Abbot a good trip and we also wish these two great lamas will live very long.

Mana

Mana, fantastic news. Thank you very much for this. I hope very much they will post up pictures of the tenshug.

TK

Helena

• Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 10:41:24 PM »
Beautiful news and wonderful to read how high Lamas continue to show respect and gratitude towards one another, requesting the other to live long and doing pujas for the other. And these are all high lamas. That itself, say a great deal.

At this day and age, we truly need all the lamas to live long and continue to turn the wheel of Dharma.

This is the first time I have heard of "tenshug". It's always nice to learn new things from this Forum. I also hope that we will get to see pictures being posted in here so that we can learn more and truly appreciate how meaningful 'tenshug' is.

Thank you, Mana for sharing the news.
Helena

DharmaDefender

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 12:32:20 AM »
Beautiful news and wonderful to read how high Lamas continue to show respect and gratitude towards one another, requesting the other to live long and doing pujas for the other. And these are all high lamas. That itself, say a great deal.

At this day and age, we truly need all the lamas to live long and continue to turn the wheel of Dharma.

This is the first time I have heard of "tenshug". It's always nice to learn new things from this Forum. I also hope that we will get to see pictures being posted in here so that we can learn more and truly appreciate how meaningful 'tenshug' is.

Thank you, Mana for sharing the news.

Thanks for the news Mana. Yes HS, the high Lamas are showing us a great example of guru devotion. And if Im not wrong, only people with good samaya will be able to successfully request for a Lama's long life? And travelling to France to make the request, the Abbot definitely believes in the power of such a request.

pgdharma

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 05:29:15 AM »
Thanks, Mana, for the news. During this degenerate age  it is so important to request our Lama to live long and turn the wheel of dharma and it is so wonderful to read that the high lamas  are travelling so  far to offer long life pujas  and requests to is Holiness Gaden Trisur Rinpoche Jetsun Lungrik Namgyal and Jangtze Gyurme Kensur Rinpoche.

WoselTenzin

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 10:22:08 AM »

Mana
Thank you Mana for sharing this great news.  I rejoice that long life pujas are being offered to great Lamas like  His Holiness Gaden Trisur Rinpoche Jetsun Lungrik Namgyal and Jangtze Gyurme Kensur Rinpoche and they are accepting the pujas.

At this degenerate times, we need these accomplished Lamas so much to continue to live long, teach the Dharma and pass down the precious lineages that they hold.  We need them so much to show us the right path so that we don't get lost and go into a downward spiral in samsara.  Highly accomplished beings are like candle lights for us in a pitch dark night.

Thank you for the explanation of Tenshug.  Understanding the meaning of it gives ordinary practitioners like myself more conviction in its effectiveness because of the logic behind it. 

Accomplished tantric masters have the power to extend their lives but whether or not they choose to do so depends on whether their students are transforming for the better and whether their students are applying or practising what they have taught.

Reading this post makes me reflect on my relationship with my Lama and my practice.  It makes me reflect on whether I am transforming for the better and contributing to the causes for my Lama to want to live long.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 11:36:52 AM »
I am sure it is dakini tenshug to be offered to these high lamas, these lamas are definitely attained lamas. Dakini tenshug is we are requesting the dakinis not to invite the lamas to their abodes. We must request our tradition's high lamas never to pass away and carry on benefitting deluded beings like myself.

The Gaden Trisur previously was the Gaden Tripa who is the representation of Lama Tsongkhapa on earth. If the Gaden Trisur can defect to Shar Gaden it says a lot the dorje shugden ban.

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 11:51:53 AM »
There was a long life puja done for His Holiness Trisur Rinpoche in his centre on Sunday, June 12. Thar Deu Ling in France. It was attended by about 30 monks from India, Italy and Switzerland. I am not sure if this is the one mentioned by Mana.

There were only 2 pictures posted on their website at www.thardeuling.com:

Long life puja: http://www.thardeuling.com/IMG/jpg/DSC00776red.jpg
Gaden Trisur: http://www.thardeuling.com/IMG/jpg/DSC00778red.jpg

triesa

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 12:29:41 PM »
I am sure it is dakini tenshug to be offered to these high lamas, these lamas are definitely attained lamas. Dakini tenshug is we are requesting the dakinis not to invite the lamas to their abodes. We must request our tradition's high lamas never to pass away and carry on benefitting deluded beings like myself.

The Gaden Trisur previously was the Gaden Tripa who is the representation of Lama Tsongkhapa on earth. If the Gaden Trisur can defect to Shar Gaden it says a lot the dorje shugden ban.

I think the tenshug is a dakini ritual whereby a group of monks will be selected to dress in dakini costumes and perform a dance ritual. As this is a powerful ritual, it is said that if the lama accepts this long life ritual, he will remain to continue to turn the wheel of dharma.

I rejoice that Gaden Trisur accepted this request and will continue to spread Dorje Shugden practice to uphold the Tsongkhapa lineage.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 02:29:48 PM »
Though this long life prayer must have been conducted ages ago. I'd like to add onto this thread that in our daily sadhanas, we also request Dorje Shugden to increase our Guru's life by merit of our commitments to the Guru and protector. It says here like this:

"The stainless sun of Je Tsongkhapa’s tradition
Shines throughout the sky of samsara and nirvana,
Eliminating the darkness of inferior and wrong paths;
Please cause its light to spread and bring good fortune to all living beings.

May the glorious Gurus who uphold this tradition
Have indestructible lives, as stable as the supreme victory banner;
May they send down a rain of deeds fulfilling the wishes of disciples,
So that Je Tsongkhapa’s doctrine will flourish."

It is important that we constantly remember our Lama's kindness for he is the one who has spent his entire life to bring us to newer levels which we have never been and in their loving compassion for us, showered us with the nectar of Dharma. Hence, through our daily conduct, whether or not our Lama is around us, we should put our body, speech and mind altogether to align ourselves together with our Lama's three secrets.

Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

kris

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 12:49:18 PM »
I am interested to know more about tenshug prayer, but when I googled it, I can't find much information on it.

Can someone here please help to give more information about tenshug prayer? It is as what Dharmaspace said, the tenshug prayer requests the dakinis not to invite the Lama to their abode?

Has the prayer been performed? Can anyone help to post photos about the prayers?

I am very glad that prayers has been accepted by the Lamas to stay on and continue to teach Dharma..

paolorossi

• Email
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 09:28:15 AM »
FROM THE HEART LONG LIFE TO ALL THE GREAT YOGHI OF PERFECT GURU DEVOTION MAY THEY STAY WITH US UNTILL SAMSARA ENDS.ITALICIAMPA

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 11:36:19 AM »
He're a little biography on who they are offering the tenshug to so that we understand the significance of this great master. After all, understanding is the key to knowledge and so that we appreciate this great person more.

Trisur Rinpoche Jetsun Lungrik Namgyal Rinpoche
His Holiness Gaden Trisur Lungrik Namgyal Rinpoche, the 101st Ganden Tripa, was born in 1927 in the Dawa region of Eastern Tibet. At the age of 8 years old, His Holiness joined the local monastery in Yangding and was consequentialy ordained as a monk.
Later His Holiness entered Gaden Shartse Norling College. While a student there Rinpoche studied Pramana Vidya (Logic), Prajnaparamita (Perfection of Wisdom), Madhyamika (Middle Way Philosophy), under the guidance of various highly attained Masters, and also received many precious teachings and empowerments of the pure Ganden lineage.
During the Chinese revolution in 1959, Rinpoche escaped to India. Arriving at ‘Ba Se’ along the border of India and Bhutan, he continued his studies and completed the Madhyamika (Middle Way Philosophy), Abhidharma (Treasury of Knowledge), and Vinaya (Spiritual Rules and Moral Law). Apart from the normal course of studies, Rinpoche often went for meditation retreats. In 1969, Rinpoche revised through the five major treaties of Buddhist philosophy and participated in the final exam at a renowned local Tibetan University, graduating in the 1st position of honor.
In 1970, a major debate exam which lasted over a period of 20 days was held. Candidates included over 30 outstanding scholars from the 3 great monasteries and other universities. Rinpoche still managed to emerge on top and the title of Geshe Lharampa was officially conferred upon him. Consequently, Rinpoche joined the Gyuto Tantric University and focused on intensive study of the Tantras.
In 1983 and 1992, the Dalai Lama appointed Rinpoche as the abbot of Gyuto Tantric University and abbot of Gaden Shartse Norling Monastery respectively. During the years of Rinpoche’s abbotship, apart from supervising the administration and discipline of the Sangha, he also conducted various pujas and teachings personally. Rinpoche’s contribution towards the monastery is widely recognised, and deeply respected by all. In 1986, these remarkable qualities inspired the Dalai Lama to choose him as the representative of Buddhism in Ecumenical Encounters of Assisi interfaith meetings convened on the initiative of Pope John Paul II in Italy.
In 1995, Rinpoche was bestowed the honorary rank of Shartse Choje (2nd rank among dignitaries of the Gelug tradition). After 6 years in that position, on January 20, 2003, the Dalai Lama, during his Kalachakra Empowerment in Bodhgaya, announced the appointment of Venerable Lungrik Namgyal as the 101 Gaden Tripa – the supreme head of the Gelug tradition, and literally, the Holder of the Throne of Tushita.
Rinpoche is one of the most qualified Buddhist teachers alive today – being highly trained in both fields of Sutra and Tantra. Rinpoche has dedicated his whole lifetime to the propagation of the Buddhadharma, and has been tirelessly visiting many parts of the world to spread the Teachings. Countries which Rinpoche has visited include – France, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, America, China, and Singapore. His Holiness Trisur Rinpoche currently lives in Paris, where he transmits precious Buddhist teachings of his lineage in Thar Due Ling Dharma center in Chelles, France which he founded in 1980.