Author Topic: Buddhism exhibition attracts 40,000 visitors  (Read 20967 times)

Rihanna

Re: Buddhism exhibition attracts 40,000 visitors
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 04:32:53 PM »
My Taiwanese friend passed me a book filled with pictures of Jamseng Rinpoche and all his activities and people he met. One of the photos is that of him with the ex Prime Minister of Malaysia His Excellency Mr Badawi and also Michelle Yeoh.  I know Jamseng Rinpoche is quite well known here in Taiwan. Now i read that he has held big exhibition in Malaysia. Does that mean that Dorje Shugden practice is recognised in Malaysia?

dsiluvu

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 06:36:35 PM »
My Taiwanese friend passed me a book filled with pictures of Jamseng Rinpoche and all his activities and people he met. One of the photos is that of him with the ex Prime Minister of Malaysia His Excellency Mr Badawi and also Michelle Yeoh.  I know Jamseng Rinpoche is quite well known here in Taiwan. Now i read that he has held big exhibition in Malaysia. Does that mean that Dorje Shugden practice is recognised in Malaysia?

I don't know much about Malaysia but all I've heard is that their country's main religion is Islam. But unlike other Islamic countries...theirs has great racial and religious tolerance and harmony. Something like Singapore. Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity, Taoism etc all being practised and each individual religious group does their own thing and carries on their beliefs as long as no one beaks any LAW!

So I do not feel surprised that Jamseng Rinpoche had a great exhibition there, seeing Malaysia and Taiwan is rather close. And if DS is being practice there...then hurray...I'd rejoice for them and hope they will make it big :) I hope Jamseng Rinpoche's good works will spread, he is not doing anything wrong except spreading the Dharma.

lightning

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 06:34:14 PM »
I am sorry that Kadhampa (Green sect) do not advocate Dorje Shugden practice anymore as from 1 Jan 2008 onwards, No mass practice and empowerment for Dorje Shugden. We will resume the practise of Kadhampa ways as expound by Lord Atisha, plus other highest yoga tantra like Yamantaka, Heruka, Guhasmaja etc.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 08:00:22 PM »
Lightning - i'm sorry to hear that the Kadhampa do not advocate Dorje Shugden practice anymore. Was this because of Tibetan politics? I did hear that many sponsors pulled out because of the Shugden controversy which is sad.

However, i'm curious - do some Kadhampa practitioners still do Dorje Shugden practice in their personal capacity? Surely it would be a sacred practice received by many of the pre-2008 Kadhampas?
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Rihanna

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 04:18:51 PM »

Dear lightning,

How does one stop practicing? Do they just stop according to their whim and fancy or they go back and 'return' it to the Lama who gave them the practice? From where I come from, it is unheard of to stop doing a practice given by one's Lama.

I am sorry that Kadhampa (Green sect) do not advocate Dorje Shugden practice anymore as from 1 Jan 2008 onwards, No mass practice and empowerment for Dorje Shugden. We will resume the practise of Kadhampa ways as expound by Lord Atisha, plus other highest yoga tantra like Yamantaka, Heruka, Guhasmaja etc.

dsiluvu

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 02:09:00 AM »

Yes please let us know how does one cut off from a practice passed down from the Guru to disciple? It seems this can be change or switched as and when deemed fit?? It does not sound logical since most practices are from an unbroken lineage. Also when one cuts away from a practice given by the guru, is there any repercussions?

DSFriend

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 10:01:41 AM »

I looked online for any formal statement but unfortunately couldn't find. I wanted to see what was announced as "reasons" for the Green sect to "comply". Do share if you have any further information. Thanks

DharmaDefender

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 07:16:56 PM »

Dear lightning,

How does one stop practicing? Do they just stop according to their whim and fancy or they go back and 'return' it to the Lama who gave them the practice? From where I come from, it is unheard of to stop doing a practice given by one's Lama.

Same here. As far as Im concerned, once you start doing that, its the start of a very slippery downhill slope. If you can return something so sacred, whats to stop you from returning everything else? Sorry but the bodhisattva vows talk about guarding them at the cost of your life. If you can willingly return your practices, how are you ever going to keep the vows?

DharmaSpace

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 11:23:10 PM »
Isn't the Dorje Shugden practices part of the Gaden Oral Tradition or Gaden Nyengyu for the past 300-400 years? 

Look at FPMT who have abandoned the dorje shugdden practice, Lama Yeshe their previous founder has left the organisation. I mention here Lama Yeshe previous incarnation as he was a very strong devotee of Dorje Shudgen. If without Lama Yeshe's devotion to Dorje Shudgen FPMT won't have grown to the way it has now so why would abandoning Dorje Shugden be alright?

@lightning Are you still practising Dorje Shugden? 

lightning

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2011, 06:32:02 PM »
Isn't the Dorje Shugden practices part of the Gaden Oral Tradition or Gaden Nyengyu for the past 300-400 years? 

Look at FPMT who have abandoned the dorje shugdden practice, Lama Yeshe their previous founder has left the organisation. I mention here Lama Yeshe previous incarnation as he was a very strong devotee of Dorje Shudgen. If without Lama Yeshe's devotion to Dorje Shudgen FPMT won't have grown to the way it has now so why would abandoning Dorje Shugden be alright?

@lightning Are you still practising Dorje Shugden? 
Sorry for the late reply as I was too busy and tie up recently. Since the reverting back to Kadhampa, the practise of protector Dorje Shugden did not exist at that point of time. Emphasis will be placed on Kadhampa teachings instead.

HHDL had made Serkong Tritul Rinpoche to swear and forsake Dorje Shugden entirely but He did not agreed. Choosing not to practise and dis-acknowledgment of protector are two entirely different issues. This may sounds a bit misleading, but please kindly for your kind understanding. As mentioned during the previous thread on Kadhampa open letter to HHDL, many of the reasons are explained there.

As mentioned since Dorje Shugden is the protector reconginsed by Lord Je Tsong Ka Pha and many lineage masters like Je Pa Bong Kha, Trijang Rinpoche, (this is something that we cannot turn our back against them) . Further more, Dorje Shugden  is the manifestation of Manjushri and the seventh Buddha in our  Fortunate Kalpa.

Please read the open letter by HH Drom Cheng Rinpoche to HHDL properly for detailed understanding...
As Quoted:

Thirdly, although the Wish-fulfilling Gem Saviour and I are similar in that we both renounced practice of Great King Dorje Possessing Strength, but justifications for renouncing are totally different, because the Wish-fulfilling Gem Saviour forsook due to reasons based mainly from his own perspective or on the basis of H.H. the 5th Dalai Lama amongst others, to deem Great King Dorje Possessing Strength as nefarious wishing, malevolent spirit, demon, perilous to Sect and sentient beings.

As for the reason for my renunciation is very simple, since I started rebuilding Old Kadhampa from the beginning of 1st of January 2008, aside from the dharmap?las that H.H. Atisha and Drom (Dromtönpa) Rinpoche and other Old Kadhampa’ s ancestral masters were worshipping, all other dharmap?las of other sects are entirely renounced from that time. Furthermore, Old Kadhampa is completely prohibited to
adhere to the uncommon dharmap?las of Yellow Sect Sect such as Great King Dorje Possessing Strength, as well as all other uncommon dharmap?las of Sects.

DSFriend

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2011, 06:49:42 PM »
Dear Lighting

Thank you for providing further information from the open letter.

The differences between HHDL and HH Drom Cheng Rinpoche's reasons are stated clearly in the letter. HHDL's reason is that dorje shugden is a malevolent spirit and HH Drom Cheng Rinpoche's is that the old kadhampa lineage is prohibited from practicing.

When presented with these two reasons..what option would one have... what would I do.

I for one do not have much knowledge nor supernatural skills, thus my option is to follow what my Guru has taught and given.

What would you do?

lightning

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2011, 06:50:17 PM »

lightning

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2011, 07:16:11 PM »
Dear Lighting

Thank you for providing further information from the open letter.

The differences between HHDL and HH Drom Cheng Rinpoche's reasons are stated clearly in the letter. HHDL's reason is that dorje shugden is a malevolent spirit and HH Drom Cheng Rinpoche's is that the old kadhampa lineage is prohibited from practicing.

When presented with these two reasons..what option would one have... what would I do.

I for one do not have much knowledge nor supernatural skills, thus my option is to follow what my Guru has taught and given.

What would you do?

Nagajurna had unquestionable faith to His Guru who had manifested as a Charkrasavra at the very last moment who awestruck those who reprimanded Him. Sometimes we do not know the "games", that the enlightened beings are plotting. Most the time we just need to follow even when we do have little or no understanding. But bear in mind that we must have a very sharp mind and not just "stupidly" follow as sometimes we may be tested by our own Gurus.and other appearances.

As for the truth about the Dorje Shugden's background and history. it is very very clearly explained by our Gurus if not many of us would be unfortunately mislead by the mainstream and create negative speech karma for ourselves ....

valeriecheung

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2011, 03:42:22 PM »
I think i will follow my guru instruction for any practises because while i decided to take refuge with one guru ,
which mean must clarify is a qualified guru.

nagaseeker

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2011, 04:27:38 PM »
really surprise that the exhibition had attracted over 40,000 devotees and visitors , Rejoice !