Author Topic: H.E. Kensur Rinpoche Jetsun Jampa Yeshe (1928-2011)  (Read 3782 times)

vajralight

H.E. Kensur Rinpoche Jetsun Jampa Yeshe (1928-2011)
« on: August 04, 2011, 04:57:52 PM »
http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/great-lamas-masters/h-e-kensur-rinpoche-jetsun-jampa-yeshe-1928-2011.html

Yesterday I got news that my 82 year old teacher, His Eminence Kensur Rinpoche Jetsun Jampa Yeshe entered into clear light. As I type this, Rinpoche still is in clear light meditation. The monks of Gaden Shartse Monastery are doing chanting of sacred texts, prayers, self initiations 24 hours daily non-stop. A Highly accomplished master like this stays in clear light in this manner. His body does not decompose, or lose heat yet clinically passed. His passing strikes me deeply with sadness and a tremendous sense of loss. I have sent two people to represent me to Gaden already. Beng Kooi and Bryan will do the appropriate offerings on my behalf and Kechara.

Tsem Rinpoche

beggar

Re: H.E. Kensur Rinpoche Jetsun Jampa Yeshe (1928-2011)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 05:18:21 PM »
This is sad news to hear. I am sorry.

I don't know much about Kensur Rinpoche Jetsum Jampa Yeshe but being 82 years old, he must be one of that great old generation that brought the teachings and practices from Tibet to India. We hear more and more sad news that this last generation are fading. There are not many teachers and practitioners of old left, the kind of practitioner that dedicate their entire lives to the service of others and to Dharma the way these masters do.

I guess whether they come back or not is up to really up to how well we, the students, practice and uphold the teachers. It is our responsibility to create the conditions and merit for them to come back TO US and for us to study with them again. They will always come back, in any form necessary and in any place where the need for Dharma is strong (not necessarily this planet). It is not about whether they will come back but about whether we have the merit to meet them again and receive their teachings.

Big Uncle

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 06:34:13 PM »
Great masters of such calibre are hard to come by. The last of the great masters trained in the rigorous system of Tibet are slowly passing off and many great reincarnations are still very young and yet to manifest their enlightened activities. I am not very familiar with the great deeds of this great master but by reading about him through this post, I am indeed amazed and saddened at the same time. I amazed at his tremendous qualities, determination and yet sad because many would be deprived of his great teachings in the monastery and throughout the world. Let's pray that he takes a speedy rebirth to return to resume his great deeds. Now, we wait and see where he will take rebirth.

dsiluvu

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 06:09:31 PM »
I guess whether they come back or not is up to really up to how well we, the students, practice and uphold the teachers. It is our responsibility to create the conditions and merit for them to come back TO US and for us to study with them again. They will always come back, in any form necessary and in any place where the need for Dharma is strong (not necessarily this planet). It is not about whether they will come back but about whether we have the merit to meet them again and receive their teachings.

Sorry to hear about this sad news and thank you for posting vajralight! Yes it is indeed true what you say beggar! It is up to the students and if they practice and have the merits for the Guru to return to them and to teach! Whatever it is we must carry on our practice if we intend to preserve and continue our practice. The conducive conditions for a Lama to return his his students devotion, faith and practice.