Author Topic: A Great Deception - now available as a free e-book  (Read 6521 times)

Lineageholder

gohdi

Re: A Great Deception - now available as a free e-book
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 09:08:08 AM »
Just downloaded it in epub format, but as my kindle does not like epub format I conerted it to mobi formaz. Now I can read it in my kindle too :-))))))

Lineageholder

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 05:14:28 PM »
I recommend a great e-book program called 'Calibre' which converts between formats. 

http://calibre-ebook.com/

I also converted AGD from ePub into MOBI format as I use a Kindle and it works great!  :)

Zhalmed Pawo

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 08:09:39 PM »
I get it in pdf-format, but it does not open. Bhoah ???

DharmaSpace

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 08:13:42 AM »
@Zhalmed Pawo get your own copy its worth it to support the dharma organisation. I got my aeons ago :)

Lineageholder

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 10:57:07 AM »
Dear DharmaSpace,

I agree that it is important to buy the book to support the WSS, but the e-book does contain some information not included in the print version - specifically Chapter 7 - 'a refutation of the Shugden Research Group Dhomed'.

There may also be other differences, I'm not sure. 

Big Uncle

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 05:32:42 PM »
I have read the book The Great Deception before and I must say, it greatly disturbed my mind for quite awhile on the conduct of the Dalai Lama and the purported real motive as suggested by the book. Fortunately, I have read a more balanced view on this website and it saved me from becoming very angry at the Dalai Lama. I am very glad to have read the instructions by Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche available on this website not to disparage the Dalai Lama and I have also read about the humble conduct of many of the great Dorje Shugden Lamas that becomes inspirational for me on how I should act in relations to this ban. I am really indebted to the information presented on this website that really saved me from becoming a really angry Buddhist. Thank you dorjeshugden.com.

Lineageholder

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 05:52:32 PM »
There is no meaning in being angry with the Dalai Lama as he is clearly being controlled by delusions.  Compassion is the best response.  :)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 06:04:46 PM »
Thanks for the reference, Lineageholder.. very cool that it's now in ebook format. i will definitely download and check out the extra chapter.

And Dharmaspace, i did buy a hard copy of the book so i've done my part to support! :D

Big Uncle, I do understand what you're saying about the angle on the Dalai Lama as portrayed by the Great Deception. Despite the anti-Dalai Lama stance, I do think that this is an important book for people who are interested in the history and controversy behind the Shugden ban. And yes, you're right that this website does offer another side to the story which is also very much needed. I'm always interested in different ways of looking at things - especially if it encourages me to be more positive thinking and less critical.

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Zhalmed Pawo

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 12:38:58 PM »
@Zhalmed Pawo get your own copy its worth it to support the dharma organisation. I got my aeons ago :)

So did I.

But I would still like to get a PDF also.