Author Topic: Surprised this hasnt been publicised already  (Read 12213 times)

DharmaDefender

Surprised this hasnt been publicised already
« on: August 22, 2011, 12:57:29 PM »
Like I said on Facebook, I dont understand a word of it but nicely done

http://phradorjeshugden.net/

Big Uncle

Re: Surprised this hasnt been publicised already
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 02:54:17 PM »
I believe in Pali, Phra means Venerable and refers to monastics and royalty in the Thai tradition. You will hear of the Thais referring to monks, royal members and temples with the honorific Phra. Therefore, it is befitting to introduce Dorje Shugden with this kind of honorific because they will readily associated Dorje Shugden with the monastic, which he is and that of the sacred Buddha. Let's hope that Dorje Shugden will help many Thais alleviate their temporal problems so they will enter into deeper Dharma practice.

thaimonk

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 03:38:08 PM »
In this case Phra means Buddha. So phradorjeshugden means Buddha Dorje Shugden.  :)

What a fantastic website. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. It sure will benefit many who speak Thai. I rejoice from my heart for this website.

Shugden is spreading to many places now. Fantastic.  :)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 06:11:07 PM »
WOW! Thai Monk, you must be happy to have this website in Thai!!

I don't understand any of it but it looks way cool! It's amazing that Dorje Shugden is so popular in Thailand. I thought that Thailand was mostly Hinayana and wasn't aware that Tibetan or Gelugpa practice was prevalent there, let alone Dorje Shugden practice. It just goes to show, I learn something new everyday!!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

WisdomBeing

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 06:26:41 PM »
oh i was looking around the Thai website and realised that there's an English version! Absolutely Fab!

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 06:30:04 PM »
Great new site in Thai language and English. Somebody is working hard to spread Shugden to more and more people. I like this site although I can't read it. I am sure it will benefit many people as time rolls on.

Thank you for sharing about this website.

TK

WoselTenzin

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 08:40:45 PM »
Wow, I can't understand a word of it but the pictures are great and I love the lay out.  I didn't know there is a Thai DS website.  Super cool!  Thank for sharing DD. 

pgdharma

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 04:03:26 PM »
Wow a new website in Thai dedicated to Dorje Shugden. I cant read a word of Thai but I must say that the photos and layout are great.

Dorje Shugden is spreading to so many places now! Fantastic.

Thank you Dharmadefender for bringing this to our attention.

DSFriend

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 04:50:05 PM »
Fantastic news!

Thailand is so rich in culture and deeply rooted in buddhism. This website manifesting in thai must be the good, collective karma of the thai people.

happysun

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 06:08:20 PM »
Wah, amazing!!!!Great work!!! But I really don't understand but it is nice website. Yes, DS power is amazing, and anywhere!

I am waiting one day he will flourish in my hometown honestly.

The colour of the website is energetic and modern, bring a unique energy to this great dharma protector----DS.   

DharmaSpace

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 12:23:57 PM »
I have worked in Bangkok for many months before and what i have noticed is that the rich exist on a rich/deva like stratosphere and the poor are really desperate to eke out a living. Apparently in a documentary about 2 million of the 10 million in bangkok struggle daily to make ends meet. May Dorje Shugden spread to all thais, and give the people a chance to connect with wrathful manjushri and come under the care and protection of our great protector. Boy can Dorje Shugden take care of them.

The thais are generally very reverent towards anything that is Buddhist, may they have the karma to meet with Dorje Shugden now that Dorje Shugden is spreading in thailand. I do wonder did Dagom Rinpoche passing to parinirvana in Thailand has anything to do with now Dorje Shugden spreading in thailand. Thais will be lucky to have Dorje Shugden on their sides watching over them.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 08:35:08 PM »
I have worked in Bangkok for many months before and what i have noticed is that the rich exist on a rich/deva like stratosphere and the poor are really desperate to eke out a living. Apparently in a documentary about 2 million of the 10 million in bangkok struggle daily to make ends meet. May Dorje Shugden spread to all thais, and give the people a chance to connect with wrathful manjushri and come under the care and protection of our great protector. Boy can Dorje Shugden take care of them.

So I guess the wealth gaps quite large eh? Well compared to the 2 million then, Ive not got much to complain about.

The thais are generally very reverent towards anything that is Buddhist, may they have the karma to meet with Dorje Shugden now that Dorje Shugden is spreading in thailand. I do wonder did Dagom Rinpoche passing to parinirvana in Thailand has anything to do with now Dorje Shugden spreading in thailand. Thais will be lucky to have Dorje Shugden on their sides watching over them.

Anyone will be lucky to have Dorje Shugden on their side watching over them. Guess thats the fantastic thing about being in touch with a Buddha - he doesnt care whether youre rich or poor, hell help you all the same because sufferings suffering and hes without ego.

From what Ive heard Dagom Rinpoche was en route from Nepal to Switzerland. Seems like a long (and opposite!) way to go, via Thailand... wonder why he did.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 02:17:09 AM »
Wow i just noticed a map  on the http://phradorjeshugden.net/ a location to their chapel. They really move fast in promoting Dorje Shugden. Looking at the areas it is a red light district. I wonder why that area was chosen?

Perhaps it is to give the poorer people, down trodden, abused, used, oppressed people a chance to meet manjushri. I mean who likes to live a life where they have to serve 'farang' day and night * shakes head *.  I wonder if many more chapels are coming up. This site should be called 'Amazing Site' the people behind it are amazing coz they manifest their propitiation of dorje shugden into actions and results. who would think Dorje Shugden a Tibetan enlightened protector or even Lama Tsongkhapa's doctrine taking root in Thailand, one of the Theravadan jewels.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 02:30:00 AM »
Thanks Dharmaspace for the info about the chapel. I'm even thinking of visiting Thailand this winter and it would be awesome if i could visit the chapel on the website! i really loved seeing all those lovely Thai people with Dorje Shugden posters and pendants. I hadn't realised that so many Thai people knew of Dorje Shugden because I had thought Thailand was mostly Theravadan. It just shows how ignorant i was!

Truly, truly lovely to see!

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 06:25:46 AM »
OMG Dorje Shugden in Thailand... is there a picture out yet of the chapel? Perhaps can put in the pictures section of the forum?