Author Topic: MORE SAD NEWS. SORRY BUT NECESSARY TO INFORM ALL OF YOU.  (Read 12877 times)

mountains

• MAY THE DALAI LAMA LIFT THE BAN AGAINST SHUGDEN
MORE SAD NEWS. SORRY BUT NECESSARY TO INFORM ALL OF YOU.
« on: February 09, 2008, 07:02:46 AM »
I AM SORRY TO WRITE THE BELOW, BUT MUST INFORM EVERYONE OF THE DIRE SITUATIONS IN SOUTH INDIA.

1. 420 out of 450 monks of Dokhang Khangten of Shartse refuse to be involved in the picking of the coloured sticks referendum regarding Dorje Shugden's practice. They have opted to pull out of Gaden Shartse Monastery and move away. They are discussing what to do regarding Dokhang khangtsen's prayer hall.  That means 420 monks are withdrawing from Shartse completely. They have requested for land to move out to. Trijang Rinpoche and the current Gaden Tripa are both from Dokhang khangtsen.

None of the Dokhang Monks are getting food from the main monastery of Shartse anymore since HH the Dalai Lama instructed all to not participate in anything communal with Dorje Shugden people within the Monastery. 

2. Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche has commented to one monk in the US that HH Dalai Lama has gone too far with this Dorje Shugden issue to the point of monks having to leave.

3. HH Dalai Lama ordering all Gelug Institutions (Gaden, Sera, Drepung) to place a Guru Rinpoche statue in their main prayer halls. It is a requirement now.

4. Pomra Khangtsen (600 or so monks) are also not getting any food from the main Sera Mey Monastery due to HH Dalai Lama's injunctions. HH advised the Monasteries not to be involved with anyone who does any sort of Shugden practice. Should not pray, eat or debate with them.

5. Very sad, but within Sokpa khangtsen of Gaden Shartse Monastery, there are Tibetan Government Informants. HH Dalai has mentioned that he will listen to no one in Shartse except Sokpa khangtsen. If Sokpa khangtsen says that Shartse is free of Dorje Shugden pratitioners, then only will HH believe otherwise he will not. There are 11 khangtsens in Gaden Shartse. Why does HH take the word of only Sokpa Khangtsen? Because Sokpa khangtsen monks are traditionally from Amdo province of Tibet. The amdos monks of this khangtsen in the past do not have a strong tradition of Dorje Shugden practice but nor were they against it till recently. Also Tibetans are very provincially biased. HH the Dalai Lama is from Amdo, the monks of Sokpa are biased in that way it seems. Some Amdos have argued they are not Tibetans but Amdo people which are distinct from Tibetans.
Seeing monks forced to turn against eachother within their own monasteries is truly very sad and primitive legacy of the Tibetan Exile government. Also the Great Monasteries breaking apart within after 600 years history due to all of this. 

sumatia arya

• Email
Re: MORE SAD NEWS. SORRY BUT NECESSARY TO INFORM ALL OF YOU.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 10:20:11 AM »
HH.13th Kundeling en Ven. Geshe Konchog Gyaltsen have given a press conference at Delhi about the newest developments in the Dorje Shugden Issues. I am waiting for the press releas from the Dorje shugden Society.

This morning I got the latest news from Delhi, saying
Jan.9th. The referendum begun at 6.30 AM in Shartse monastery. Representative of Bangalore and Mundgods, Tri Rimpoche and so on presided the process. Each monk picked up the stick and entered the assembly hall. The monks from monastic sections in order were called up and each monk stood up by the microphone and reads: "I.......take a volunteer oath without doubt of making a clear decision to relinquish the religious and material amenities of live [live together] with Dholgyal followers, whoever he is, from now onward".

no comment sumati arya

sumatia arya

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 07:37:20 PM »
News from India. Thursday 14th of February 2008 : 20.05

"The great prayer festival is not hold today. The mess of Sera Mey monastery has not yet open. there is a general meeting inShartse monastery, where they discussed about the replacement of staffs occupied by Shartse monks. Dhokang monks approched the aboot to inform him that Dokang would deny any decision in the monastery, before they solve the Dokhang problem. Aboot said, don't press on me, I am an old monk, you take part in the meeting, and explain your position. So he declared, you cannot make any decision untill you resolve the issue with Dhokhang Khamtsen."

sumati arya

ilikeshugden

• Email
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 04:29:43 AM »

All the problems here are inevitable. This is all part of the Dalai Lama's plan to spread Dorje Shugden's practice. I bet that wherever he is, deep in his heart he is sad that, even though, he is trying to benefit others, people are getting hurt in the process and he only thinks that all this news will create awareness of Dorje Shugden's practice.

I heard of the colored stick thing but I find it very weird and I think that they should not be just separating the monks like that. It is very un-Buddhist of them to turn monks against each other.

icy

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 05:47:10 AM »
It is indeed so sad to hear of this bad news.  If the situation is becoming worse, Can Dorje Shugden practioners from Gaden Monastery move over to Shar Garden - just like milk be transferred from a cracked cup to a good cup?

dsdisciple

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 07:10:05 AM »
Thank you Icy for this not such good news...

I can only imagine what must be going through the minds of the 420 monks of Gaden Shartse (Dhokang Khangsten)??? and their Representatives looking to sort out what sounds like a complicated situation...to be sorted out in good time???
I pray that some sort of result is achieved asap so at the very least the needs of 420 monks needs can be met immediately. We all benefit so much from this website, benefit so much from our holy teachers and the precious  DS Lineage, is their any way we can show our support by financial or otherwise at this time of URGENT NEED???
Is it a matter of contacting administrators directly to see how or awaiting further updates as to what help is required in the short term???

xox

DharmaSpace

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 07:23:16 AM »
Guys, I think ilikeshugden resurrected an old post, and the Dokhang Khangtsen Monks have left Gaden Shartse to form Shar Gaden that is flourishing now. Dokhang Khangtsen being the biggest of the Gaden monastery says a lot of the damage done to Gelug tradition as a result of the ban. Still I do rejoice for the Shar Gaden monks they are doing many things to further the Buddhist doctrine.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 10:57:02 AM »
I heard form some friends who have visited Shar Gaden recently that Shar Gaden is doing well now a few years into the ban. There are more monks joining the monastery and there are insufficient places to stay. A new monk living quarters are being built now and is 3/4 complete.

My friends also told me that the monks in Shar Gades still have the photo of H.H Dalai Lama at their alrtars despite the ban. This is because they still respect H.H. Dalai Lama as their guru no matter what. This is how sincere they are.

beggar

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 09:21:27 PM »
I heard form some friends who have visited Shar Gaden recently that Shar Gaden is doing well now a few years into the ban. There are more monks joining the monastery and there are insufficient places to stay. A new monk living quarters are being built now and is 3/4 complete.

My friends also told me that the monks in Shar Gades still have the photo of H.H Dalai Lama at their alrtars despite the ban. This is because they still respect H.H. Dalai Lama as their guru no matter what. This is how sincere they are.

Wonderful news to hear and such rejoicing news to hear that you were able to visit Shar Gaden. I think news of them having so many monks joining that they're running out of space is perhaps, in some way, a "good" problem to have? It shows clearly the unmistaken growth of the lineage, in spite of all their obstacles, attacks, alienation and lack of support from their own people. How wrong / bad/ evil can something be, if it is resulting in the increase of sangha, practice and physical expansion of a monastic institution? Karmically, this is not logical - something bad cannot give rise to something good and vice versa.

Wonderful (though not totally unexpected) to hear that they still have photos of the Dalai Lama and pay such deep respects to him still. Like I said in just a few previous posts, their loyalty and devotion, despite everything, is testament enough to their level of practice and attainment. Few people could maintain such devotion in the face of so much pressure. They show us a perfect example of Guru devotion - that even if they are being "put down" and ostracised by their own Guru (or so it seems) and not able to see him anymore or receive teachings, they still hold him in high regard and still remember always that he is their Guru.

They are also practising exactly as Trijang Rinpoche ( our lineage guru and of course, the Dalai Lama's own Guru) had advised and predicted - that at a future time, it may appear that there is conflict between the Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden, but that we must not take sides and remain patient in our practice. What a perfect example for us to follow, not just in this instance but in every aspect of our practice and encounters.

pgdharma

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 01:28:16 PM »

It is indeed good news that more monks are joining Shar Gaden. It shows that  Dorje  Shugden lineage and practitioners are growing in spite of all the controversies. It is good that  funds are coming  in for  the completion of a new monk living quarters.  Even though they are considered "outcast" by HHDL, however, their Guru Devotion is still very strong and they still have deep respect of HHDL.

May the ban be lifted soon so that their sacrifices will not be in vain.

triesa

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 03:17:16 AM »

How graceful the DS practitioners are in Shar Gaden, they still regard HHDL as their guru n place his picture on the altar of Shar Gaden. It just show that DS practitioners are truely practitioners of the buddha teachings, we practice harmony, acceptance and forgiveness, we hold no grudges and hatred against those who have battered us and create so much obstacles and sufferings. In fact, that is exactly what we want, we just want to practise and follow the advice from our gurus.

The advice from Trijang Rinpoche is clear, even though it may appear the HHDL's actions are in conflict, in the future this situation will be clear. So we should remain patience and do all we can to help spread the DS practice to create the merits for the ban to be  lifted!

Wonderful news to hear and such rejoicing news to hear that you were able to visit Shar Gaden. I think news of them having so many monks joining that they're running out of space is perhaps, in some way, a "good" problem to have? It shows clearly the unmistaken growth of the lineage, in spite of all their obstacles, attacks, alienation and lack of support from their own people. How wrong / bad/ evil can something be, if it is resulting in the increase of sangha, practice and physical expansion of a monastic institution? Karmically, this is not logical - something bad cannot give rise to something good and vice versa.

Wonderful (though not totally unexpected) to hear that they still have photos of the Dalai Lama and pay such deep respects to him still. Like I said in just a few previous posts, their loyalty and devotion, despite everything, is testament enough to their level of practice and attainment. Few people could maintain such devotion in the face of so much pressure. They show us a perfect example of Guru devotion - that even if they are being "put down" and ostracised by their own Guru (or so it seems) and not able to see him anymore or receive teachings, they still hold him in high regard and still remember always that he is their Guru.

They are also practising exactly as Trijang Rinpoche ( our lineage guru and of course, the Dalai Lama's own Guru) had advised and predicted - that at a future time, it may appear that there is conflict between the Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden, but that we must not take sides and remain patient in our practice. What a perfect example for us to follow, not just in this instance but in every aspect of our practice and encounters.

kris

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 02:49:14 PM »
We know it is HH Dalai Lama's plan to spread Dorje Shugden practice to the world, but it is still very sad to hear what the monks have to suffer because of this issue.

Not only they are denied food, they are also denied hospital, schools, buying of clothings, etc. Good news is that Shar Gaden is going to have their own clinic very soon (heard starting operation on 5th Jan 2012), and they are also building their own school.

I was told that Gaden Shartze also ask Shar Gaden for financial support recently. How ironic?!

Yet, with all these issues, most of the Shar Gaden monastery old monks are still having HH Dalai Lama's photo on their personal altar...

May this controversial issue be over very soon, and the sufferings of the monks be put to an end.

VS

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 04:11:05 PM »
I rejoice in the perseverance of Shar Gaden monks in continuing steadfast in DS practice despite all the obstacles and hardship they are going through.

It’s great to hear that they are doing well and growing despite the ban and rejection from the main stream practitioners.

If DS practice is evil and can harm HH Dalai Lama, why is HH Dalai Lama still travelling round the world spreading dharma healthily and why is Shar Gaden growing?

I pray and wish that Shar Gaden will continue to grow and benefit many.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 07:40:09 PM »
I AM SORRY TO WRITE THE BELOW, BUT MUST INFORM EVERYONE OF THE DIRE SITUATIONS IN SOUTH INDIA.

5. Very sad, but within Sokpa khangtsen of Gaden Shartse Monastery, there are Tibetan Government Informants. HH Dalai has mentioned that he will listen to no one in Shartse except Sokpa khangtsen. If Sokpa khangtsen says that Shartse is free of Dorje Shugden pratitioners, then only will HH believe otherwise he will not. There are 11 khangtsens in Gaden Shartse. Why does HH take the word of only Sokpa Khangtsen? Because Sokpa khangtsen monks are traditionally from Amdo province of Tibet. The amdos monks of this khangtsen in the past do not have a strong tradition of Dorje Shugden practice but nor were they against it till recently. Also Tibetans are very provincially biased. HH the Dalai Lama is from Amdo, the monks of Sokpa are biased in that way it seems. Some Amdos have argued they are not Tibetans but Amdo people which are distinct from Tibetans.
Seeing monks forced to turn against eachother within their own monasteries is truly very sad and primitive legacy of the Tibetan Exile government. Also the Great Monasteries breaking apart within after 600 years history due to all of this. 

I have heard that before Sokpa Khamtsen was established in Gaden Shartse, the representative at that time of this Khamtsen insisted to build the khamtsen house at the current area or they will pull out the sponsorship. The reason behind this was because they wanted to BLOCK the DHARMAPALA HOUSE which houses the Dorje Shugden statue and whereby the renown Dulzin Kuten or Choyang Kuten used to take trance of Dorje Shugden. Sokpa Khamtsen then build a L - Shape building to block the Dharmapala House from the main road.

And guess what? This Dharmapala House was build in 1985 when HH visited Gaden, HH then requested Shartse to MOVE the Dorje Shugden statue from Gaden Lachi (Protector Chapel) to another property. And when they build this house, many sponsors offered money including the monks and lay people of Dharamsala and Sera - these are the people who now claims that they do not practice this protector anymore. Please see the sponsor list (picture below) in the protector house. Their names are there until today.  ::) Interesting!!!

Galen

• Email
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 04:03:02 PM »
I have heard that before Sokpa Khamtsen was established in Gaden Shartse, the representative at that time of this Khamtsen insisted to build the khamtsen house at the current area or they will pull out the sponsorship. The reason behind this was because they wanted to BLOCK the DHARMAPALA HOUSE which houses the Dorje Shugden statue and whereby the renown Dulzin Kuten or Choyang Kuten used to take trance of Dorje Shugden. Sokpa Khamtsen then build a L - Shape building to block the Dharmapala House from the main road.

And guess what? This Dharmapala House was build in 1985 when HH visited Gaden, HH then requested Shartse to MOVE the Dorje Shugden statue from Gaden Lachi (Protector Chapel) to another property. And when they build this house, many sponsors offered money including the monks and lay people of Dharamsala and Sera - these are the people who now claims that they do not practice this protector anymore. Please see the sponsor list (picture below) in the protector house. Their names are there until today.  ::) Interesting!!!

Yes, to add to the story was that Shar Gaden offered to buy up the land in front of the protector house but was refused. The land was then given to Sockpa Jamyang Khangtsen by Gaden Shartse to build their building. Sockpa Jamyang Khangtsen was the first Khangtsen to swear in when the ban was inforced.

The Dorje Shugden statue was temporarily housed in Zong Ladrang while they renovated the Protector house. The main sponsors include Trijang Rinpoche and Zong Rinpoche. Imagine these highly attained lamas  sponsoring this protector house, how could this practice be wrong?