Author Topic: Many Dorje Shugden stupa (Gyalchen Tendoe) erected all over Tibet!  (Read 9622 times)

Mana

Many Dorje Shugden stupa (Gyalchen Tendoe) erected all over Tibet!
« on: September 13, 2011, 11:02:25 AM »
Many big and small Dorje Shugden stupa (Gyalchen Tendoe) erected all over Tibet, Dorje Shugden is spreading all over!

« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:20:26 PM by Mana »

WoselTenzin

Re: Many Dorje Shugden stupa (Gyalchen Tendoe) erected all over Tibet!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 03:06:58 PM »
Wow, such beautifully built holy DS stupas.  It reflects the devotion of the people in Tibet towards DS.  The Tibet land is blessed by many of these holy stupas.  Stupas can bless people who see them.  Even seeing the pictures of these beautiful stupas uplifts the mind.  Thank you Mana for sharing these pictures with us.   

DSFriend

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 03:30:33 PM »
I love it that the stupa is built on higher grounds. That way, it can be seen from far. It looks like a communal effort to work on inserting the scriptures and perhaps to erect the stupa too. How meritorious for the community.

Thanks Mana for the pictures

Zach

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 05:05:58 PM »
Wow I see it resembles the Mandala palace :)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 05:13:40 PM »
Amazing to see these Stupas. Are the shapes of the Stupa particular to Dorje Shugden? I mean are all DS stupas like that or how can we tell what Stupa it is if we were simply passersby? Or are there signs on the stupa?

Are these stupas special protector stupas?

Sorry for all the questions and hope someone can help with the info.

Thank you for posting them - i really love seeing them! And I especially love seeing all the lay people happily participating in the construction and placing scriptures in the stupa!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

dsiluvu

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 06:33:31 PM »
This is awesome...have never seen a DS stupa before! It is beautiful...what I like about the picture is that we can see the ladies of villages are carrying holy text to placed in to the stupa!!! So this is amazing, though I wonder what type of sutra or dharma text they are actually inserting in to the stupa and what other holy sacred items consist of making a DS stupa??? Does anyone know?

Definitely this is another clear indication of the the spread and continuation of our holy protector's practice - so blessed we are!!! May there be DS stupas and statues all around the world :)

DharmaDefender

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 10:29:12 PM »
The stupas are a brilliant repository of merit-making and for me, whats really brilliant to see is that the Protector practice is alive and well in Tibet, and growing. I say its great because a friend of mine recently visited Tibet, and he told me that in some places, the monasteries are little more than theme parks with people hired to be monks.

With such demand, and the fact Dorje Shugden is not encouraged by the TGIE, theres every reason for the Chinese government to fully support this practice...and you KNOW the Chinese govt is just ACHING to find a sore point to rub into the TGIE's side. Like the Panchen Lama issue and how their supposedly secular govt endorses a Tibetan Buddhist lama (weird) or hosts Buddhist conferences (weirder).

And its plain to see they do support Dorje Shugden, or at least turn a blind eye to these developments, and those 18 feet statues theyre building...

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 11:05:43 PM »
The more TGIE suppress DS, the more stupa and statues of DS are being built. For example in Denma Gonsar Rinpoche monastery in Kham, the have recently built a 18ft DS statue as you can see from the site below

http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=490

Also more DS lamas are coming back ie Dagom Rinpoche and recently Denma Gonsar Rinpoche's incarnation. I wonder what TGIE have to say to that!

DharmaSpace

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 11:41:06 PM »
The fact that more Dorje Shugden stupas are sprouting all over means that there are many active practitioners of Dorje Shugden. With regards to the controversy I feel it has done more good than harm for the Dorje Shugden practitioners, as they have to struggle to maintain their practise and some have to hide it as well. Hence the practitioners who carried on with their protector practise have to work doubly hard to keep their practise as opposed those who abandoned the practise. The fact that lay people support the building of such stupas means that they would have gotten benefit from propitiating Dorje Shugden or they do appreciate the benefit of propitiating Gyalchen Shugden. May the Dorje Shugden practise be pervasive and spread all over the world. 

whitelion

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 02:17:43 AM »
This is so beautiful, I'm rejoice. My guru told me before, it will be very beneficial if we can build a lot of holy images, stupa or even place a lot of prayer flag to let people see, and the bigger the better, why ??

it's because when beings which could be human, animal or even local spirit passed by all these holy object, it will plant a seed of dharma inside them. They being might or might not meet the dharma in this very life time, but if they happen to passed by or even circumambulate all these holy object even without knowing, and a seed is planted, in the future, they will sure meet the Dharma.

so if one have the ability to build stupa or any other holy object, we should. We will not only benefit ourselves but a lot of others as well. 

I rejoice with this. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures.

thor

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 03:57:42 AM »
A "Gyalchen Tendoe" is a 3D ritual mandala constructed to ensure continued success and increase of resources. It is very elaborate, and represents Dorje Shugden's three-storey mansion in 3D. It can be made from materials as seen in these photos, or it can be less 'solid' eg made from string, etc. Either way, it usually takes a couple of months at least to construct and not all monks know how to make a Gyalchen Tendoe, just some - usually the older ones from Tibet.

I am very happy indeed to see these photos - it is another indication for me that Dorje Shugden's practice remains alive and strong in Tibet, and monks and lay people are working closely together to keep it that way. Just like WB said, I too love seeing how the laypeople are helping to carry holy items to fill the Gyalchen Tendoe.

dorjedakini

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 06:09:35 AM »
It is very beautiful to see Dorje Shugden Stupa all over in Tibet. Tremendous merits created from planning, building, inserting holy items into Stupa and maintaining after the Stupa been built. How compassionate the people who raise funds and built all the Stupa, an object for everyone to purify our negative karma and create merits for next life. Yes, it is also means that Dorje Shugden practice is very popular and effective in Tibet as well, i rejoice.

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 09:37:23 AM »
Wonderful to see DS spreading inside the land of snows. Even outside of Tibet HHDL has made DS practice spread in the country he may never go back to in this incarnation. At least he will leave his peoples with something that will benefit them in this life and future lives..

How would we tell a DS Stupa from another Stupa if we were to travel through Tibet?

Manjushri

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 10:51:49 AM »
I  am curious to know how you would know that this stupa is a DS stupa? Is it because of the colours, the shapes, the location? If I walked past the stupa, I wouldn't have a clue that it belongs to DS. Is there a way to recognize different stupas, and what they symbolise, as for me, a stupa is a stupa.

Anyways, I love the pictures here! It is very nice to see the community, the bonding and the team work between the Tibetan lay people. I am sure of the hardships they have undergone since the ban, but the sense of their joy from the pictures is overwhelming.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 02:44:00 PM »
I think the Dorje Shugden stupa is built to match the Dorje Shugden Mandala.
This is a picture of the Dorje Shugden Mandala
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=220

Hope that helps you Manjushri.