Author Topic: Dorje Shugden helps us after our last breath ?  (Read 9015 times)

DharmaSpace

Dorje Shugden helps us after our last breath ?
« on: October 08, 2011, 11:02:56 AM »
I was told that if we remember Dorje Shugden and all the pujas , practises related to Dorje Shugden a monk will come to guide us to a better rebirth. And this type of help can also be rendered to people who have had ordinary lives as well.

if you have experienced the miracle of dorje shugden please share it with us thank you.

whitelion

Re: Dorje Shugden helps us after our last breath ?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 11:20:48 PM »
I heard before a story regarding my friend's mom. My friend Jane have practice DS for more than a decade, she is very devoted to her guru and also DS. Her guru requested her to do intensive mantra retreat and also golden drink offering everyday for one month (which is right awabefore her mom passed away, so she can dedicate the merit for her mom's good rebirth.
Last few days of the old lady, she suffered a lot, she gave few "false alarm" to the family that her blood pressure drop and have difficulty in breathing. The morning that this old lady passed away, my friend is doing a golden drink offering, just right she finish the golden drink part, her mom took a last deep breath, closed up her eyes and passed. "During the whole process that the old lady passing, my friend's mom said her mom didn't struggle, she is just like sleeping without breath." :

She also told me the guru told her when the moment of passing, DS will manifest as something that her mom familiar with, and bring her for a good rebirth. When i went there, her body just look like she is still sleeping, not sign of struggling at all. Hence i believe must be DS who came and help.

Big Uncle

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 11:40:21 AM »
I have not witnessed personally but I have heard many times that Dorje Shugden is very effective in leading people to a good rebirth. This is especially true for those who have clean samaya with their Lama and are very devoted to the Dharma. I heard that specific rites are performed and Dorje Shugden is propitiated, the deceased would see a monk come to take them to the next life. How wonderful. So, for all those who are devoted to Dorje Shugden, propitiate him consistently and this will create the karma for Manjushri himself to guide you to your next life.

kurava

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 03:14:57 AM »
Yes, I too have heard that as long as someone who is karmically close to the deceased practises DS with clean guru samaya , the practitioner will be able to dedicate the merits to the deceased and help him/her on the journey to the next rebirth.

Even before the dying person lapses into semi consciousness or takes the last breath , we can gently tell the person not to be afraid and to follow the Monk who will guide and protect him/her.

Having a calm and peaceful mind is very important as one takes the last breath because this state immediately precedes first mental state of the bardo being.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 01:33:27 AM »
@big_uncle Yes I have heard about the monk leading the person to a better rebirth.

What I have read before is that during the bardo if one is attained and practise one can achieve enlightenment within the bardo but one has to know what do during that intermediate stage.

Normal people without much training are pretty much left to their karma at that state. Hence having some form of spiritual training is necessary to help any person before their last thought in their lives. As that last thought acts as the throwing karma for their next lifes, to throw them to the next rebirth. If onc is not trained to be in the bardo or take the opportunity in that state one's best bet if one does not have dorje shugden, a guru nearby would be training one's mind to have virtuous thoughts.

Barzin

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 10:35:44 PM »
Yes I also heard that at the time of death, Dorje Shugden will emanate as a monk to guide us.  However, there are also sayings that practitioners who are familiar with Shugden will see his real form.  Or just like what whitelion said, he too can appear as someone that you are familiar with to guide you.  Either way, all these illustrate that by practicing Dorje Shugden with faith; at least we can have a better rebirth temporally so that we will have a chance to practice dharma and gain merits.

All these qualities summed up that Dorje Shugden as an enlightened being simply because he will be ever ready to help us, manifesting ways for us to practice dharma and to gain merits.  Most importantly, he sees our future lives so he plan ahead for us out of compassion to help us.  Again, not just this life but future lives.

vajrastorm

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 10:20:46 PM »
This is a true account of how Dorje Shugden was present at the death of the mother of my close friend to guide her to a good rebirth.

This friend was strongly advised by her Guru to do intensive practices to the Protector a fortnight or so before her mother passed away. She followed this advice closely.

On the morning her mother passed away, my friend was by her side. She made the golden drink offering and recited the mantra of Dorje Shugden. In the midst of reciting this mantra, she turned around to look at her mother. She saw that she had passed away and  her face was in peaceful repose. The crown of her mother's head felt warm to her touch, whereas the rest of her face was cold.

My friend said that there and then, she felt very strongly the presence of the Protector in the room.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 05:29:39 PM »
@vajrastorm
Yes I heard that Dorje Shugden is a splendid transition protector to a good rebirth. If the consciousness leaves from a higher position on the body the better rebirth for that person. Though a better rebirth really depends on what we do in that life. If that life was spent only in indulgence and negativity then it is actually a negative rebirth.

kris

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 07:40:23 PM »
Yes, my Lama told the same. He said if we do DS practices well and have faith in Him, when we die, He will bring us to good rebirth. What is considered a "good" rebirth? Here, "good" mean we will be born near a qualified guru and be able to practice Dharma from young.

Since we are very unenlightened, we need to rely on Dharma protector like DS to give us good rebirth so that we can continue to practice Dharma in our next life.

pgdharma

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 02:49:21 PM »
Yes my Lama also told me that  Dorje Shugden is the transition protector who will guide us at the time of death. If we have faith and trust in Dorje Shugden, we can rely on Him to help us to a good rebirth so that we will not fall to the lower realm and we will be able to continue with our dharma practice in our next life.

If Dorje Shugden can help us now, He will help us at the time of death!

DharmaDefender

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 07:04:47 PM »
Speaking of death and Dorje Shugden practice, my lama was narrating the story of a particular Kensur Rinpoche passing into clear light the other day. He said that after the Kensur exited tugdam, the monk attendants would know this because a drop of blood would leave his nose. My lama said it was the primordial blood from the mother... so what comes from the father? I havent had the chance to ask my lama, can anyone enlighten me on this?

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 08:36:57 AM »
I was told that if we remember Dorje Shugden and all the pujas , practises related to Dorje Shugden a monk will come to guide us to a better rebirth. And this type of help can also be rendered to people who have had ordinary lives as well.

if you have experienced the miracle of dorje shugden please share it with us thank you.

I love reading all of the stories in this thread, and actually just posted this on my Facebook profile today!

"As my grandmother gets older and older, I do worry about her death.

I did a Dorje Shugden prayer next to her a few weeks ago, and the oddest thing happened. She started laughing and clapping her hands as if there was something entertaining her. She wasn't concentrating on me, but at something that was in front of her (something I honestly couldn't see!). She then started flicking at things in the air... after which, she settled down and held her hands together.

I wonder what she'll see before she passes on (bless her, not soon!)."

I'm unsure if she'd follow a monk upon her last breath.

http://www.facebook.com/jessicajammie

Ratna Shugden

• Email
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 03:50:51 PM »
I suggest that we should decide right now while we are still alive, as to which Spiritual Guide, Yidam or Dharma Protector do we rely upon when we enter the state of death, instead of making a decision at that point. It's like choosing a guide in advance for a journey which we must embark on.

I do not know for certain how the state of death is really like. Different people offer different description as to how it will be like. There are many books by various authors on this subject. It's not like a place on earth where visit it, get a feel of the place, & plan our route when we want to revisit the place again.

I believe that each person's experience of death varies according to his karma; so to me, no two person can have the same experience.

Our choice of guide, which in this case, Dorje Shugden, is within our control. He will be like a life ring(ring buoy) which we hold onto in the possibly turbulent state of death.

Though this is crucial, I believe it is not everything.

What we must also do when we are in that state, is to make an effort to recollect the Buddha Dharma, and be in a state of mindfulness of it, because our future rebirth is dependent on this. If we focus on virtuous thoughts, our connection with Dorje Shugden will be stronger, and He will be more able to lead us to a better rebirth. If we focus on non-virtuous thoughts or total lose control over our thoughts, I believe it will be harder for Him to help us. So in this case, Dorje Shugden becomes a mnemonic aid.

Yet prior to all these, it is important to study the Dharma as much as possible while we are still alive, and endeavor to put them into practice to the best of our efforts, preferably bringing happiness to everyone around us, so that we can die with less regrets because we are satisfied with how we have used our time on earth, till we feel that there nothing more we can do other than what we have done.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 04:17:47 PM »
I was told that dorje shugden can help people's who faces death but their time to die is premature anyone heard of this before> i have witnessed one instance of this. If you have something to share please do so.

beggar

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 07:21:52 PM »
I have not witnessed personally but I have heard many times that Dorje Shugden is very effective in leading people to a good rebirth. This is especially true for those who have clean samaya with their Lama and are very devoted to the Dharma. I heard that specific rites are performed and Dorje Shugden is propitiated, the deceased would see a monk come to take them to the next life. How wonderful. So, for all those who are devoted to Dorje Shugden, propitiate him consistently and this will create the karma for Manjushri himself to guide you to your next life.

Yes, this is certainly true.

Also, by our practice, we can definitely also help our families and loved ones at their time of passing. We definitely have karmic links with our parents, for example, and what we do within our lifetime can and does have an effect on them, including our Dharma practice. It is often explained that the kindest thing we can do to repay our parents' kindness is by our Dharma practice - this can be seen in Lord Shakyamuni's own example, when he left all his family to begin his journey to enlightenment. We may not be at that level yet, but it is certain that our efforts and sincere practice in Dharma, keeping our samaya and gaining attainments (or trying to!) will also collect tremendous merit that can be dedicated to our parents and effect their rebirth. It would mean that their child, someone they have raised, is doing something beneficial and of much higher motivations for others.

Then, at the moment of their death, we can make sincere prayers and wishes to Dorje Shugden to help them make that most crucial transition. By the power of our own samaya, committed and consistent practice and faith, he will definitely be there to help our loved ones to make that transition and guide them towards a positive rebirth.

So you see, our practice is not just for ourselves - it can have many very powerful effects for others around us that cross lifetimes. We can literally change their destinies (this should not be regarded in an arrogant way, but as one that helps us be more aware and responsible in our practice).

This is a great miracle, I believe. That we can literally help people from further suffering and influence them towards positive, beneficial states of living.