Author Topic: Good Work at Phelgye Ling Monastery  (Read 18456 times)

beggar

Re: Good Work at Phelgye Ling Monastery
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 06:03:32 AM »
Well here is some rejoicing wonderful news that despite all that has happened... Dharma still flourishes...

The Rainy Season Retreat (Skt. vassa; Tib. yarney) will begin tomorrow!
Historically this is a time when monks would take shelter from the heavy rains. Because this is the season when so many tiny creatures come to life, travel would cease so that these tiny animals wouldn’t be harmed needlessly.

At Phelgye Ling Monastery, Yarney will begin on the first full moon of the sixth month according to the lunar calendar and lasts until the new moon in the seventh month. This year yarney will begin on August 2nd and end on September 16th. Yarney is a time when monks and nuns are not allowed to leave their monasteries except with permission from the abbot or disciplinarian. Yarney gives the monks more time to concentrate on their studies and spiritual practices.

As we speak the monks there are focusing on their studies...
http://nyanangphelgyeling.org/news/

Good news indeed! It is always heartening and uplifting to hear of how much is still being achieved and how many practitioners continue to arise from Dorje Shugden institutions, in spite of the opposition they have to face and the lack of support where they are. If this practice was really so negative and evil then why is it only growing and producing results which are good - the growth of Dharma, Lamrim, Tsongkhapa's lineage? If the growth of the lamrim and Tsongkhapa's teachings are not considered bad, then why would the growth of Dorje Shugden's practice, practitioners and institutions be considered bad? It is not logical. It does not make sense to promote, on the one hand, Tsongkhapa's teaching and lineage, but to discourage the very protector who is guarding these teachings.

It is definitely heartening to see just how strongly DS monasteries are growing in the world, right in the midst of all the controversy, including Shar Gaden and Serpom of course. And many more springing up in other parts of the world where there is no opposition at all, such as throughout the far east and the west. Looks like there really is no stopping DS - a protector who cannot be silenced, indeed!

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 01:41:37 PM »
If you are in Nepal, you must visit Phelgye Ling Monastery. I did. They need all kinds of support for the monks to continue with their study and practice. One method of support is to request a puja to be done in the monastery for ourselves, our loved ones, friends, etc. The older monks are gentle and sincere. The younger monks are committed and work hard, studying and practicing dharma. The compounds and premises of the monastery may not be as big as compared to other monasteries but the monks there are happy doing what they love best, dharma.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 01:47:04 PM »
If you are in Nepal, you must visit Phelgye Ling Monastery. I did. They need all kinds of support for the monks to continue with their study and practice. One method of support is to request a puja to be done in the monastery for ourselves, our loved ones, friends, etc. The older monks are gentle and sincere. The younger monks are committed and work hard, studying and practicing dharma. The compounds and premises of the monastery may not be as big as compared to other monasteries but the monks there are happy doing what they love best, dharma.

Very true!! Very sincere practitioners!!

Sponsoring a puja is an excellent way to show support!! Great idea! Truly a win-win situation.

Here is a list of the some of the pujas that can be sponsored:

- Dolma Bum-tsok (One hundred thousand recitation of Tara puja). Purpose: Removal of obstacles in one’s life or for a specific venture
   - Dol-chok (Extensive Tara puja). Purpose: Removal of obstacles in one’s life and health.
   - Dug-kar (White Umbrella Deity recitation). Purpose: Purification of hindrances from evil spirits and illness
   - Do (Sutra recitation). Purpose: Removal of one’s obstacles and to accumulate merit in order to achieve enlightenment in future lifetime
    -Gya-shi (Four Hundredfold offering). Purpose: Elimination of negative karma and hindrances for a successful life and to create extensive merit toward the attainment of Enlightenment.
    -Namgyalma Tsechok (long life puja). Purpose: Removal of obstacles in one’s life or for a specific venture.
    -Namgyal Tong Cho, Thousand-fold Offering for Complete Victory (long life puja). Purpose: Removal of obstacles in one’s life and health, pacifying problems, fulfilling good wishes.
    -She-Nying Du-Dok . This puja involves the continuous chanting of the Heart Sutra. Purpose: Assist in the removal of harmful forces and in removing the karmic obstacles.
    -Men-la Tong Cho, Thousand-fold Offering for the Medicine Buddha. Purpose: Purpose: Removal of obstacles in health and well-being, especially to help those who are troubled by illness
    -Dorje Shugden Kangso (Protector Puja ). Purpose: Clear obstacles and protect from harm.
    -Recitation of the Kangyur and Tengyur, the sacred texts of Buddism (Kangyur; ’The Translation of the Word’ and the Tengyur; ’Translation of Treatises’). Purpose: Create extensive merit, as well as clear obstacles.

(Extracted from the Phelgyeling website)

You can contact them here: http://nyanangphelgyeling.org/contact-2/

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 07:22:02 AM »
Even a lot of their monks who could not withstand these situation left the monastery and their gurus.

All smarminess aside, thought you were supposed to hold on to your vows even at the cost of your life. Sad that the current situation has driven them to such lengths...I mean, even after escaping the hardships of Tibet, youve to put up with this kind of "freedom" in Nepal? Is it REALLY that much freer than the situation in China? And for the people who have driven them to that point, I hope they enjoy the karma they reap from causing monks to abandon their gurus or disrobe. No wonder as the Kaliyuga age progresses, and the destruction comes from within (within the sangha, and within every single one of us), were seeing fewer and fewer attained practitioners.

sometimes it does make me wonder: what are the karmic repercussions of people who cause others to break their vows and samaya? If breaking our vows and samaya is bad enough, then what about causing someone else to break theirs by some means such as trickery and the like? How would such karma manifest? In the CTA's case, they got downgraded and the snowball of negative karma from being too self absorbed to actually help the Tibetans has already begun. Let's see how things will go from here. Dharamsala is far from freedom and democracy, but is suppressing the people and forcing people to go their way or else they will be ostracized. is that what a "buddhist" government does?

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 11:25:04 AM »
Just found this on the Phelgye Ling website:

Update: February 25th, 2013

Following the Monlam Festival (Great Prayer Festival ) at Phelgye Ling Monastery, His Eminence Kyabje Daknak Dorje Chang will be bestowing Lam Rim Teachings for approximately 20 days.

Monks will be attending from several local monasteries, and many friends in the community are expected as well. Phelgye Ling Monastery is very honored to host Rinpoche as he turns the wheel of Dharma for the benefit of all sentient beings.

This is a very exciting event and brings back many memories of the Lam Rim Teachings granted by Rinpoche’s brother, Kyabje Dagom Dorje Chang, at Phelgye Ling Monastery in years past.

All are invited to attend this blessed event.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 06:16:41 AM »
Just found this on the Phelgye Ling website:

Update: February 25th, 2013

Following the Monlam Festival (Great Prayer Festival ) at Phelgye Ling Monastery, His Eminence Kyabje Daknak Dorje Chang will be bestowing Lam Rim Teachings for approximately 20 days.

Monks will be attending from several local monasteries, and many friends in the community are expected as well. Phelgye Ling Monastery is very honored to host Rinpoche as he turns the wheel of Dharma for the benefit of all sentient beings.

This is a very exciting event and brings back many memories of the Lam Rim Teachings granted by Rinpoche’s brother, Kyabje Dagom Dorje Chang, at Phelgye Ling Monastery in years past.

All are invited to attend this blessed event.

Wow that sounds like a very nice event and it is reminiscent of Pabongkha Rinpoche's discourse on the Lamrim itself which also took around roughly the same time to complete. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful news with all of us :) It is glad to see and know that Dorje Shugden monasteries around the world are growing and becoming more and more educated and they have more and more events going on and this growth is a very good sign in more ways than one. Perhaps we could also sponsor the pujas to support the monastery, although I am pretty confident that with Dorje Shugden with them, they will improve from strength to strength.

Big Uncle

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 12:05:37 PM »
This is a lovely event for Phelgye Ling monastery. I believe that they were bereft with a powerful master when Dagom Rinpoche entered into clear light. Phelgye Ling is a monastery that has held onto Dorje Shugden practice for a long time coming since its time in Tibet. Apparently, Dorje Shugden was a Protector entrusted by the Great Fifth Dalai Lama to this monastery.

And to seal this blessing, he fashioned a statue of Dorje Shugden which is still housed in the monastery to this day. What is beautiful is that they had kept their samaya and practice for a very long time and till this day. According to the older monks in the monastery, Nyingma practitioners that surround Phelgyeling monastery also worshipped Dorje Shugden and there is no conflict. I find that simply amazing!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 12:10:55 PM »
The website has been updated to include the good news that Kyabje Daknak Rinpoche will also be bestowing a Vajrayogini empowerment, along with commentary on the practice!!

How fortunate!!

dsiluvu

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2013, 02:46:34 PM »
The website has been updated to include the good news that Kyabje Daknak Rinpoche will also be bestowing a Vajrayogini empowerment, along with commentary on the practice!!

How fortunate!!

Oh how fortunate to hear this wonderful news... it is so uplifting to know that Dharma is spreading despite the obstacles the Ban has created.

Isn't it interesting... the more you suppressed Dorje Shugden... the more Dorje Shugden monastery grow.
The more you suppressed the practice, the more practice is spread.
The more nasty news and articles and wrong information you give out on Dorje Shugden publishes more books, articles and websites on Dorje Shugden like this one here...

The more you say the Lamas are wrong, the more the Lamas are spreading the Dharma like Daknak Rinpoche. How can Gurus who spread Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings and the Lamrim be wrong?

Kyabje 13th Daknak Rinpoche Teaching LAMRIM
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/videos/lamas-teachings/kyabje-13th-daknak-rinpoche-teaching-lamrim/

Kyabje 13th Daknak Rinpoche Teaching Lamrim Small | Large

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 06:09:42 AM »

How fortunate!!

How fortunate of them indeed to have such high masters to give them teachings and empowerments! But I do wanna know though if they are also inviting/supporting Pabongkha Rinpoche as Pabongkha Rinpoche is quite nearby, also in Nepal. It would be beautiful if they invited Pabongkha Rinpoche as well or have supported them. This monastery represents the salvation and effort that Dorje Shugden practitioners have put in to follow the lineage and the advice that their Gurus have given them and them receiving teachings and putting them into practice is indeed fortunate in more ways than one. And what's more is that this is not the only monastery that has grown from strength to strength even with the ban on it.

Big Uncle

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 09:14:46 AM »

How fortunate!!

How fortunate of them indeed to have such high masters to give them teachings and empowerments! But I do wanna know though if they are also inviting/supporting Pabongkha Rinpoche as Pabongkha Rinpoche is quite nearby, also in Nepal. It would be beautiful if they invited Pabongkha Rinpoche as well or have supported them. This monastery represents the salvation and effort that Dorje Shugden practitioners have put in to follow the lineage and the advice that their Gurus have given them and them receiving teachings and putting them into practice is indeed fortunate in more ways than one. And what's more is that this is not the only monastery that has grown from strength to strength even with the ban on it.

Pabongka Rinpoche in his previous life was pretty much a recluse and in this life, he is even more so a recluse and I heard has hardly granted audiences anymore, probably because of the ban. But somehow, he's traveling to Tibet, China a lot and for what reason, I am not sure. I wonder if it is to give or receive teachings from the High Lamas there. Perhaps, he was receiving teachings from Denma Gongsa Rinpoche when he was still alive but of recent times, I am not sure. Maybe, he will have a role to play in the development of Buddhism in China one day. Right now, everything is just a speculation.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 09:28:58 AM »
Kyabje Pabongkha Choktrul Rinpoche still visits Phelgye Ling from time to time I am told.
He also still grants audiences on occasion. I had an audience with him the last year when I was in Nepal.
He is still active, just under the radar. :)

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 05:20:43 AM »
Kyabje Pabongkha Choktrul Rinpoche still visits Phelgye Ling from time to time I am told.
He also still grants audiences on occasion. I had an audience with him the last year when I was in Nepal.
He is still active, just under the radar. :)

Wow! that must be quite amazing to get blessings from Pabongkha Rinpoche himself! the Lineage Guru of all Gelugpas of our time! It is very good to know that Pabongkha Rinpoche is still very active despite the entire ban thing that the CTA has imposed upon him. Pabongkha Rinpoche can benefit many people if he is allowed to go big and perhaps all the suppressions and bans are to prepare us for his forthcoming? I do feel very excited that he will come out and teach again within our lifetime. It would be very nice if he could teach again maybe in Switzerland in Rabten Choling, with Trijang Rinpoche and Zong Rinpoche together.

Big Uncle

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2013, 08:27:24 AM »

Wow! that must be quite amazing to get blessings from Pabongkha Rinpoche himself! the Lineage Guru of all Gelugpas of our time! It is very good to know that Pabongkha Rinpoche is still very active despite the entire ban thing that the CTA has imposed upon him. Pabongkha Rinpoche can benefit many people if he is allowed to go big and perhaps all the suppressions and bans are to prepare us for his forthcoming? I do feel very excited that he will come out and teach again within our lifetime. It would be very nice if he could teach again maybe in Switzerland in Rabten Choling, with Trijang Rinpoche and Zong Rinpoche together.

I think that's why Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche had already told practitioners and lamas while he was in Switzerland last year to start making request to Pabongka Rinpoche to come and teach. I think it would be great that Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche goes around to teach in Western centers and start the ball rolling, especially for the proliferation of Dorje Shugden practice. I am sure, he would also possess many rare lineages and practices from Denma Gongsar Rinpoche that would be useful to be proliferated to the younger Lamas in Europe as well.

@Losang Tenpa - Thank you for the excellent news about Pabongka Rinpoche. You are indeed very fortunate to have met him. It would have been likened to having audience with Heruka himself. You are very fortunate.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2013, 12:03:41 PM »
@Losang Tenpa Hope that the next time you meet Je Pabongka, wish he can have a lot of offerings and resources to do his dharma work and carry on turning the dharma wheel in the world. Hope to hear Je Pabongka start to teach in Tibet and perhaps in China too. Without Je Pabongka the Gaden tradition will have lost its lustre, he was the Guru of all Gurus. Though it is really up to a Buddha like Je Pabongka to decide what will benefit the world best in his choice to manifest his teachings.