Author Topic: Dear Holy Tibetan Religious Police, real opportunity for you to shine! Look here  (Read 11734 times)

dsiluvu

This post clearly shows the double standards and unfairness in CTA. Instead of attacking Shugden practitioners... why have they not bothered about phony Lama's that has obviously created unlawful activities. These are what cause Dharma to go down/degenerate and those that are trying hard to spread it to have more obstacles as ppl begin to have doubts.

We are lucky we have our genuine Lamas to guide us but what about those who don't and society in general who are not Buddhist. How will this be reflected as ppl often stereotype looking at one fault and generalizing it on all Buddhist.  I think that is probably an even bigger problem then personal issues of likes and dislikes here. Deal with it personally and move on.

Hence what Mana has posted here is a legit question for those in so called "power" (CTA) to act/make a change, to do something positive for the good of all (which will also help them be in good light), for preserving Tibetan Buddhism as they seem to be representing at this moment. This would be "smart" PR for them if they can see it as an opportunity. And Stop causing disharmony between Dharma borthers and sisters in their very own people, creating divisions and suffering for themselves.

Hope the CTA see this post and get it right! 

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
The obvious onesidedness of the CTA is glaring. As Mana put it...

The post is not about claims of fakeness...

It is about the selectiveness about whom the CTA will stand up and make noise about regarding Tibetan Buddhism and its people.

I would not make any judgement as to whether he is a fake or not, there is no translations or history for me to base any arguments. So if people would be so kind as to make us more informed, i'd read more about it.

beggar

I think we're all missing the original point here that Mana was trying to make when he first started this thread. Please don't confuse the irony of his comments with a literal interpretation!

It is not about whetherthe  Guru is real or fake or an in-between - we are in no position or ability to judge or determine this. I think the point of the original posting was to note the hypocrisy and inconsistencies of the Tibetan government and authorities - that on the one hand they justify their persecution of Dorje Shugden practitioners by claiming that they are preserving the purity of the BuddhaDharma, but then do nothing to investigate, speak up for or against certain individuals that are associating themselves with the Tibetan schools and lineages and Gurus, but have been questioned and under suspicion by other governments and people. If they were really preserving the purity of their religion, wouldn't they want to defend this Guru if he wasn't doing anything wrong? Or if he WAS doing something wrong, then wouldn't he "deserve" the same persecution as the "wrong, bad, dissident" Dorje Shugden practitioners?

I think that is the point of this thread - not about the authenticity or qualifications or merit of the teacher himself. So let's not make it about what's wrong with the forum or the participants or the people here, or all that!

Big Uncle

I think we're all missing the original point here that Mana was trying to make when he first started this thread. Please don't confuse the irony of his comments with a literal interpretation!

It is not about whetherthe  Guru is real or fake or an in-between - we are in no position or ability to judge or determine this. I think the point of the original posting was to note the hypocrisy and inconsistencies of the Tibetan government and authorities - that on the one hand they justify their persecution of Dorje Shugden practitioners by claiming that they are preserving the purity of the BuddhaDharma, but then do nothing to investigate, speak up for or against certain individuals that are associating themselves with the Tibetan schools and lineages and Gurus, but have been questioned and under suspicion by other governments and people. If they were really preserving the purity of their religion, wouldn't they want to defend this Guru if he wasn't doing anything wrong? Or if he WAS doing something wrong, then wouldn't he "deserve" the same persecution as the "wrong, bad, dissident" Dorje Shugden practitioners?

I think that is the point of this thread - not about the authenticity or qualifications or merit of the teacher himself. So let's not make it about what's wrong with the forum or the participants or the people here, or all that!

Thank you beggar!

With all due respect, I am sorry, I couldn't care less about DorjeChang because he is on a wanted list right now anyway. The point of the matter is the hypocrisy of the CTA and their fixation on suppressing Shugden practitioners in the name of the Dalai Lama and the purity of the Gelug teachings. I also think it is this hypocrisy that we should focus on and not whether we are criticizing Dorje Chang or not or whether he is legitimate or not.

Ensapa

• Email
This post actually shows how pretentious the CTA is: claiming to be a Buddhist government but they do not seem to care whether or not people are misled by dubious teachers but instead focus on a ban that is so small and that causes so much harm to so many people. If CTA can speak out against Dorje Shugden, they should also speak out against dubious teachers who cause harm to others. But they did not so far and chose to keep quiet. It only means one thing: that the CTA are not concerned with the people as they claim, but they're doing it for their own political purposes.