Author Topic: Trijang Rinpoche & Shar Gaden  (Read 11024 times)

DharmaSpace

Trijang Rinpoche & Shar Gaden
« on: November 19, 2011, 03:52:57 AM »
Has Kyabjye Trijang Rinpoche set foot in Shar Gaden before? I read he is one of the throne holders at Shar Gaden on the Shar Gaden website. if I recall there is a throne at Gaden Shartse (still being maintained! despite Trijang Lama is openly engaging in Dorje Shugden practise) and also another one in Shar Gaden.

Trijang Rinpoche is one of the oldest reincarnate lineages stemming from Buddha Shakyamuni's time as Chandra the charioteer. As Chandra he must accumulated tremendous merit in the service of a supreme being who was about to manifest Buddhahood and turn the wheel of dharma for the countless world systems.

Zach

Re: Trijang Rinpoche & Shar Gaden
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 05:39:57 PM »
As far as I know He hasnt yet visited Shar Gaden I think the situation is still a bit to tense, It would cause embarrasment to those who hold him as the reincarnation of their lineage guru by him showing blatantly which side his practice lays. He like Zong Chocktrul Rinpoche whom is currently studying in Gaden Shartse will be the reconcilitory forces In the Gelug tradition once HHDL passes away for high profile Reincarnates they need to be careful with how they act in degenerates times like these.

beggar

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 06:30:21 AM »
I do find it amusing that Trijang Rinpoche has a throne in both Shar Gaden and Gaden Shartse monasteries. Contradictory again, of course - that Trijang Rinpoche is the most open and well-known DS practitioner in the world, and yet Gaden Shartse do not remove his throne from their main prayer hall.

How can his practices be so wrong and deemed to be harmful to the Dalai Lama and the tibetan cause, and yet he is still so highly revered, respected and held with such high esteem within the very monastery that has sworn against one of his heart practices?

beggar

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 06:31:40 AM »
amusing also that so much of Shar Gaden is scattered and located WITHIN Gaden Monastery. The main building is separated by that giant wall, but many smaller buildings, and items / relics remain within Gaden Monastery.

So there's no getting away from them!

Big Uncle

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 09:55:39 AM »
High Lamas like Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche plan out their contributions for this and future lives. I think in this life, Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche will become the grand Lama that will revitalize Dorje Shugden within the monastic circles and then bring it to a global stage once the ban is dissolved. I think he is only waiting for his time to come.

I can only think of this reason why the Dalai Lama has ordered that the throne of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche to remain within Gaden Shartse. That presence of the throne is the Dalai Lama's secret wish for his Guru's incarnation to have a legitimate reason to return to the monastery to spread Dorje Shugden. Otherwise, why would he allow his throne to remain in the monastery. These are little hints of the major plans of these great Lamas. We should open our eyes widely and see the great works that they are doing so we can rejoice and partake of the merits to see such great beings in action.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 01:26:48 PM »
That is an interesting notion you made Big Uncle, my opinion was that the Dalai Lama still respects his Guru and if he removes Trijang Rinpoche's throne it is like saying his Guru is wrong, if he suggests that his Guru could be wrong then he also could be wrong. If Trijang Rinpoche can even be wrong then Buddhism would really be corrupt to its core. We can say goodbye to Lama Tsongkhapa's tradition.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 03:03:52 PM »
Just to share that one of my friends on facebook who has been to HH Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche's centre in Vermont tells me that HH Trijang Rinpoche has been to Shar Gaden and that Trijang Rinpoche is privately very involved with Shar Gaden issues. I also think that HH Trijang Rinpoche is just biding his time and waiting for the ban to be lifted or phased out. It's just a matter of time.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Zach

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 06:39:42 PM »
That is an interesting notion you made Big Uncle, my opinion was that the Dalai Lama still respects his Guru and if he removes Trijang Rinpoche's throne it is like saying his Guru is wrong, if he suggests that his Guru could be wrong then he also could be wrong. If Trijang Rinpoche can even be wrong then Buddhism would really be corrupt to its core. We can say goodbye to Lama Tsongkhapa's tradition.

The Dalai lama has already publically denounced his Guru as being wrong !

The Dalai Lama and Guru Devotion Small | Large

Where you not aware ?

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 06:43:49 PM »
Dalai Lama says Trijang Rinpoche can practise Dorje Shugden Small | Large

Then comes the exception...

hope rainbow

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 04:30:40 AM »
Thank you Zach W for the videos.
Everyone should watch and think.

I personally believe that the ban from the Dalai Lama is a BLESSING!

A blessing for those that practice AND for those that promote the ban.

The people that campaign AGAINST Dorje Shugden receive imprints and because of that WILL practice one day, THANKS TO THE BAN!

THE BAN IS HELPING MANY MANY PEOPLE TO CONNECT WITH DORJE SHUGDEN.

Who would know of Dorje Shugden today if the ban was not in place? Who?
Only a few initiated, only a few.

Who would know of Trijang Rinpoche?
Who would know of Gaden Shartse?
Who would know of Tsonghkhapa?

There would not even be a website like this one to start with.
And even if there was, who would come and visit it?

All what most people would know of is the Dalai Lama, and when he would pass away, what they know of buddhism would just dissipate with that event...

The ban is one of the biggest PR campaign of modern times, a spiritual PR exactly aligned with our deluded minds hungry for gossips, scandals and self-righteousness.

I don't know how to say it more simply.

Trijang Rinpoche and Zong Rinpoche will show great skills when time comes for them to act.

In the meantime, what we, Dorje Shugden practitioners, can do is spread the truth about this extraordinary Buddha. We are helping many many many people by doing this, people now and people in the future.

The merit created in doing so is unbelievable.

This is what I think.

vajrastorm

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 06:32:57 AM »
Yes, I too believe that Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche, who is earnestly promoting Dorje Shugden from the US, is waiting for the ban to be lifted, when he will come into action full force to promote the King globally. The fact that he has a throne in Shar Gaden and also in Ganden Monastery, will make it easy for him to just reintroduce the practice of Dorje Shugden to all Gelug lineage practiitoners, when the time comes.

I have also learned, from this website, that it was Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche (as mentor of the young Domo Geshe Rinpoche) who advised Domo Geshe Rinpoche to move his ladrang to Shar Gaden, where the young  Rinpoche now resides.   

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 04:32:47 PM »
i think that the Dalai Lama's stance saying his teachers are wrong is key to this whole conundrum. It is so illogical and against the entire Guru Disciple relationship which is the core of the Buddhist tradition that it invites questioning along the lines of the previously mentioned. That is if the Dalai Lama says his teachers are wrong, so are the other transmissions, initiations and teachings which these teachers passed to him also questionable?

I am personally intrigued by the fact that the Dalai Lama, who - on the most superficial level - is highly intelligent and a master of the Dharma, allows this very questioning when he would know that it does not hold up under examination. Why would the Dalai Lama do that? Definitely something to think about.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Barzin

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 06:18:33 PM »
If HHDL did not leave Tibet.  Tibetan Buddhism wouldn't spread world wide.   Again, if it's not because of the ban, the world won't hear so much about Trijang Rinpoche, Gelug tradition and Lama Tsongkhapa and most of all Dorje Shugden.  Because of the ban, so many people are practicing dharma whether for or against DS.  Involve in dharma is already a step into planting a seed of dharma to receive dharma in now and future lives.  Whatever the high lamas are doing, I have 100% trust and faith in it!  I just can't wait for the day that the ban lifted!

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 03:03:11 PM »
If HHDL did not leave Tibet.  Tibetan Buddhism wouldn't spread world wide.   Again, if it's not because of the ban, the world won't hear so much about Trijang Rinpoche, Gelug tradition and Lama Tsongkhapa and most of all Dorje Shugden.  Because of the ban, so many people are practicing dharma whether for or against DS.  Involve in dharma is already a step into planting a seed of dharma to receive dharma in now and future lives.  Whatever the high lamas are doing, I have 100% trust and faith in it!  I just can't wait for the day that the ban lifted!

Ya got a point there... I would never have heard of Buddhism if HHDL didn't leave Tibet / China. Where I come from its predominantly Christian and Buddhism was something of an Asian thing. Back then the minority.

But as time went by and the immigrant influx from Asian countries increased in my country did Chinese temples begin to sprout up. But in a foreign language with a foreign feel. Something i couldn't relate to. Then HHDL started his world tours even in my country and in English something I could listen and comprehend.

Amazing that DS was the main reason for... and protection during... the great escape. Now so many years later I am fortunate to come across Dorje Shugden's practice. I hope one day I can meet him face to face, what an experience that would be.