Author Topic: My beautiful image of Dorje Shugden made by hand  (Read 10662 times)

thaimonk

My beautiful image of Dorje Shugden made by hand
« on: November 26, 2011, 06:36:02 PM »
My beautiful handmade tsatsa (2 dimensional plaster of paris) of the King Dorje Shugden. It is around 12 inches in height and 6 inches wide. The main image is King Dorje Shugden and above centre is Lord Tsongakapa in the long life form. To the left is Shakyamuni and right is Manjushri.

This was given to me by a friend who had handmade it as a gift for me. I was blown away.

What a beautiful gift. I wanted to share this with everyone.

beggar

Re: My beautiful image of Dorje Shugden made by hand
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 06:57:15 PM »
Wow this is very impressive. How did he do this by hand?? he must have carved it out entirely! The detail is precise and very amazing and accurate... What a beautiful practice and offering to create images like this of the Buddhas and to make them available for people to worship. Nice to see modern practitioners still engaging in practices like this.

(for the rest of us, who aren't as artistic, the next best equivalent to making statues or Buddha images is to sponsor Buddha images - we can either buy images and give them away, or sponsor people to make them for us (also to be given away).

Dolce Vita

• Email
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 03:30:14 PM »
This is beautiful! How nice it will be if everyone can have one of his image or tsatsa or statue on their altar table openly. I have a small painted tsatsa of Dorje Shugden, it is beautiful, it was given to me by my Dharma sister on my birthday, best present I ever got on my birthday. For now, I can only keep him in my protector box, I wish one day I can move him out from the box and sit him on my altar table and show him to everyone proudly.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 03:55:41 PM »
Are jealousy and covetousness okay when it comes to beautiful Buddha images? :o

DSFriend

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 06:57:25 PM »
This is beautiful! How nice it will be if everyone can have one of his image or tsatsa or statue on their altar table openly. I have a small painted tsatsa of Dorje Shugden, it is beautiful, it was given to me by my Dharma sister on my birthday, best present I ever got on my birthday. For now, I can only keep him in my protector box, I wish one day I can move him out from the box and sit him on my altar table and show him to everyone proudly.

Dear Dolce
Welcome to Dorjeshugden.com and thank you for participating in this forum. It is our wish too that one day, we can openly practice. This website is instrumental in helping to educate thousands all over the world.. not only that, but it has been a haven for many of us.

best wishes

DSFriend

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 07:01:01 PM »
Dear thaimonk
Thank you for sharing this precious gift with us. Wish I've got friends like yours! :)

Rejoicing for you and this friend of yours who has artistic gift and uses it to create such a holy object.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 07:07:28 PM »
I'm gobsmacked! The tsa tsa is amazingggg! Thai monk does indeed have great (and artistic) friends who must be devoted to Lord Shugden!! Yes, i covet also! But more so, I truly rejoice in this beautiful work of art which is a wonderful offering to Dorje Shugden! Thank you for sharing it with us here...
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 05:04:32 AM »
May there there be 100,000 of these produced the artist has talent, I would never be able to have the patience and detail to carve each and every detail on this tsa tsa.

Bravo!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 05:46:45 AM »
Beautiful. Most tsa tsas are made with molds not carved, but either way, it is beautiful.  :)

kris

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 11:23:52 AM »
There are many items in this online shop http://shop.dorjeshugden.com waiting to be invited... :D

Dorje Pakmo

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 11:43:55 AM »
Dear thaimonk,
Wow... Very intricate work of art. The artist must have put in much effort and time in preparing you this gift. May Dorje Shugden bless your friend's mind for making such wonderful Tsa Tsa. I guess he/she also must be a Dorje Shugden practitioner to have made such a precise and detailed Tsa Tsa. If he/she can replicate this Tsa Tsa, I guess many will queue up to buy... I would be the first person to order if the price is within my budget. If not, I'll save up... ;) Very very nice Tsa Tsa indeed.
DORJE PAKMO

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 03:37:15 PM »
Very nice tsa tsa. Your friend is certainly very creative to make a DS tsa tsa. There are not many DS tsa tsa available compared to tsa tsa of other deities. If this is made of plaster, I am sure it it poured into a mould. So, is there a possibility of producing more and make them available to more DS practitioners? I would certainly like to have one of this holy image on my altar. Really rejoice your artistic friend have the talent to create such a holy item. Thank you for sharing with us.

dsiluvu

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 08:11:11 PM »
Absolutely gorgeous and much rejoice in the person making it! Making, creating or painting any form of Buddha Body/Image purifies one's body negative karma tremendously and collect enormous amount of merits creating the cause for beautiful and fit body to do Dharma in your future lives. If the images are being treasures and worshiped, it is said that each time the person prays to the image you created, the merits also goes to you cos u created the cause in the first place for them to even have it! How awesome is that!!!
Basically you get a never ending blessings for this and future lives... hence the practice of Tsa tsa making retreat.

Does anyone have any details on how to engage in a tsa tsa making retreat? Must it be requested before one can do it and if we do it, is there a special prayer to do/commitments to adhere and observed during this retreat?

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 11:42:42 AM »
Masterpiece! it's not so easy to make the tsa tsa from scratch, the amount of patience, dedication, hard work and talent is required. Especially on the smaller crafting such as Lord Tsongkapa. Below is an article about tsa tsa practice.

HE ORIGINAL TEXT ON TSA-TSA PRACTICE
(translated from Sanskrit into Tibetan by Tropu, and translated from Tibetan into English by Lama Zopa Rinpoche)

Here is the advice of utilizing the tsa-tsa practice in the path to enlightenment, written by the great translator, Tropu.

Namo Guru, I prostrate to the gurus who are the glorified saviors of sentient beings, the lords of omniscience and compassion, the refuge object of the transmigratory beings, and the step towards liberation, and who have completely conquered all opposing conditions.

Please grant the sublime and general realizations to me and all other transmigratory beings. In order to accumulate the causes of enlightenment, I am going to write the advice of how to utilize the tsa-tsa practice in the path to enlightenment.

The practice has three divisions: the preliminaries, the actual body and the completion.

The preliminaries

First of all, generate yourself as the deity. Then take refuge and generate bodhicitta. Purify the amount of prepared clay in emptiness with the mantra:
OM SVABHAVA SHUDDHAH SARVA DHARMAH SVABHAVA SHUDDHO HAM.

Your wisdom then manifests in the five syllables OM HUM TRAM HRI AH. Recite this mantra three times. These syllables transform into mountains of jewels. Recite OM AH HUM to bless this material.

While your body is clarified as the mind-bound deity, with your speech recite the essence-of-dependent-arising mantra: OM YE DHARMA HETU PRABHAVA HETUN TESHAN TATHAGATO HY AVADAT TESHAN CA YO NIRODHA EVAM VADI MAHA SHRAMANAH SVAHA, and OM AH HUM, again and again.

While your mind is contemplating absolute truth, shunyata, make one print of the tsa-tsa. As you make this print, think: “I am making this tsa-tsa for the triple gem”. With your speech recite this prayer: “May the teachings of the Buddha spread and be developed. May the holy Dharma last a long time. May the Sangha achieve the holy Dharma and may the highest enlightenment be accomplished.”

The second tsa-tsa print is dedicated for the direct and indirect gurus to have long lives, for their holy actions to be developed and their wishes to be fulfilled. With that intention, recite the following prayer and make the print of the Buddha: “May the lives and holy actions of the direct and indirect holy gurus be developed, and the experiences of realizations in their holy minds be increased. May the field of objects to be subdued be increased”.

The third print is dedicated to your parents (past, present and future), to all the sentient beings who have been your mother and father, to those who are now, and to those who will be your parents in the future. Recite this prayer: “May all the wishes of the fathers and mothers, the transmigratory beings of the six realms, be accomplished. May all the sufferings of each individual be completely purified, and may they achieve the state of omniscience.”

The fourth print is dedicated to sentient beings who have died and not yet taken another body. For these intermediate state beings, say this prayer of dedication: “Due to the good karma of making offerings to the Sangha and of making statues of the holy bodies of Aryan beings, may the hallucinated minds of all intermediate state beings be eliminated completely. May they achieve the three kayas of enlightenment.”

The fifth print is for the practitioner himself. “May I and all sentient beings accumulate merit and purify the two obscurations. May we pacify all disease and suffering, and increase life, merit, wealth, and reputation. May I have whatever control I wish over the three realms, human beings, possessions, and food. I am requesting to dispel the bad conditions of enemies, interferers, obstacles and untimely death.”

Do the seven limb practice.

While you are printing the Buddhas, there are various mantras to recite. On well-cleaned grain, recite the essence-of-dependent-arising mantra. This grain is inserted in the back of the tsa-tsas in the way that mantras are put in statues to consecrate them. Your hands, the clay, and everything else should be kept clean.

If you are making the tsa-tsas for a person who is sick or in danger of not having a long life, at the beginning, before actually printing the tsa-tsas, recite mantras of long-life Buddhas and request these Buddhas to increase the life of the person.

If you are making the tsa-tsas so that a person who has died finds a good rebirth in the body of a happy transmigratory being, recite the mantra of Mitukpa, The Immovable Buddha, from the Guhyasamaja tantra:
(NAMO RATNA TRAYAYA) OM KAMKANI KAMKANI, ROTZANI ROTZANI, TORTANI TORTANI, TRASANI TRASANI, PARTIHANA PARTIHANA, SARWA KARMA PARAM PARANI ME SARWA SATO NAM SOHA
Also recite the Vajrasattva mantra, and the mantras of other deities powerful in purifying obscurations.

With the pure attitude of taking the complete responsibility for liberating the person from the lower realms by yourself alone, and for leading them to the perfect body of a happy transmigratory being, begin to print the tsa-tsas.

The main body

When you take the clay, recite:
OM NAMO SAMENTA BUDDHANAM OM VAJRA AYUKE SOHA.

As you cut the clay, recite:
OM BENDZO” BAWAYE SOHA.

When putting oil on the clay, recite:
OM AHRANDZE BERANDZE SOHA.

As you put the clay in the mold, recite:
OM DHARMADHATU GARBE SOHA.

And as you beat the mold, recite:
OM VAJRA MUNGARA AKUYATA HUNG,
and also the essence-of-dependent-arising mantra.

Now put the previously blessed grain in the back of the tsa-tsa, like putting mantras in a statue.

As you cut off the extra clay, say:
OM BAYUTE SOHA.

When the tsa-tsa is dry and you are painting it, recite:
OM VAJRA AHRANDZE BERANZE SOHA.

After you finish all this, to consecrate the tsa-tsas, say: OM VAJRA SUPATITA VAJRA YE SOHA.

These are the mantras to recite while doing the different activities.

The completion

The completion involves remembering the benefits of making tsa-tsas, and the dedication prayers. Then put the tsa-tsas in a solitary place.

Do not make less than five tsa-tsas. Making more than five tsa-tsas has inexpressible benefits. Even in this life, you will have less disease, your enjoyments will increase, and you will achieve long life and good reputation. It is the best method to betray death. Making tsa-tsas pacifies obstacles, bad conditions, accidents, and sudden diseases like heart attacks and paralysis. By making tsa-tsas you pacify enemies, interferers, and harms. You accumulate all merit, purify all obscurations, and achieve the resultant three kayas in future life.

This advice on utilizing the tsa-tsa practice in the path to enlightenment should be practiced every day without stopping. I, the great translator Tropu, translated this text into Tibetan to benefit the transmigratory beings. By this merit, may sentient beings achieve enlightenment.

bambi

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 12:25:27 PM »
Oh my! Thank you for the wonderful sharing. Your friend made it by hand?? It is so BEAUTIFUL! Any way we can get your friend to do one for reproduction so that many other people can have such a beautiful tsa tsa? I need to go home and do more Saraswati mantras and aspirational prayers. I am never good in arts but I really do admire people who can do so good! I found a way to help my friends by copying thousands of Dorje Shugden images in a thumb drive instead of the real thing and giving it to them. I told them they can bring it around with them in their bags. Indirectly creating the causes for them to practice Dorje Shugden in the future as many of them still don't understand, yet.