Author Topic: What would Jesus think about Dorje Shugden?  (Read 3687 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
What would Jesus think about Dorje Shugden?
« on: November 29, 2011, 03:13:17 AM »
I found this article on a website called What Would Jesus Think. I'm not certain why it mentions Dorje Shugden and the point it's trying to make, though because it posts the commentary from the youtube itself which is pro-Dorje Shugden, it is positive for us.

There was no additional commentary on this issue by the owner of the blog, which i thought was a little strange - so we don't know what would Jesus think of Dorje Shugden!

http://whatwouldjesusthink.net/dalai-lama-and-dorje-shugden-part-1/

It features a video and the short commentary from the youtube video below:

Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden, Part 1 Small | Large

Unpleasant facts from within the Tibetan community, easily forgotten. A film documentation of historical importance: For centuries the deity Dorje Shugden has been worshipped by the greatest and most important Buddhist masters, many of whom are among the most respected ones in the whole of Tibetan history. Also by the Dalai Lama’s teacher Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang. If the Dalai Lama thinks that all the great masters were mistaken, he also denies them their qualification. Then the others would not be great masters. Question: All the great masters who have worshipped the deity for centuries, were they all wrong? Dalai Lama: “Wrong! Yes, wrong!” The Dalai Lamas criticism and defamation of his own Root Guru created the schism of the Gelug order of Tibetan Buddhism and conflicts within the Tibetan community.

Documentation from January 5th, 1998 – Part 1
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

whitelion

Re: What would Jesus think about Dorje Shugden?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 10:47:01 PM »
During the last few minute for the part 1 video, this old Tibetan couple share with us how much suffer they need to go through everyday. The man is worried someone will harm the wife when he's not around ; the women is so scared.

People around insult them, throw stones at their house, I'm sure HHDL never ask anyone to hurt whoever is following DS lineage. The Tibetan government created so many ciao among the same race, same culture and same family, what does they get ? I don't get it.

Why do they still wanted to go back to Tibet, it's just a very tiny country I don't mean to be rude. But what can you do there ? With the power/population of China now, if one really wanna spread the teaching of Buddha, they should tap along the Chinese, and bring no harm to all hometown and friends.
Thanks

DharmaDefender

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 05:34:38 AM »
During the last few minute for the part 1 video, this old Tibetan couple share with us how much suffer they need to go through everyday. The man is worried someone will harm the wife when he's not around ; the women is so scared.

People around insult them, throw stones at their house, I'm sure HHDL never ask anyone to hurt whoever is following DS lineage. The Tibetan government created so many ciao among the same race, same culture and same family, what does they get ? I don't get it.

Why do they still wanted to go back to Tibet, it's just a very tiny country I don't mean to be rude. But what can you do there ? With the power/population of China now, if one really wanna spread the teaching of Buddha, they should tap along the Chinese, and bring no harm to all hometown and friends.

Thanks

What they get is people detaching from the idea of an independent Tibet, by focusing on another issue. They also get people forgetting their ineptitude. More than 50 years after going into exile, the CTA still havent gained independence for their country. Whats even more embarrassing is their 'demotion' from a government-in-exile to an administration!

The old who escaped Tibet will not recognise it now when they return, and the young have never known a free Tibet. So Im not sure whos fighting for what because everything in the world has changed, and Tibetans are still clinging on to the idea of an independent nation. Funny though - once you die, none of this matters. The only thing you should focusing on freeing is yourself and others from suffering!!

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 05:03:52 PM »
Dear Dharma Defender,

Good point you raise there about Tibet having changed over time. This constant craving of the great glory of the golden age of the Tibetan past seems rather contradictory to the Buddhist doctrines of impermanence and non-attachment. With the majority of the Tibetans being Buddhists, I would have expected them to be more accepting of their situation and being more in the present and as you said, they should focus on getting out of suffering! Instead they seem to be constantly meditating on the past.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

ilikeshugden

• Email
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 04:49:46 AM »
I was really surprised that such a post would appear on a website of Jesus' Thoughts. I thought that the Dalai Lama is doing all this for a bigger cause. That cause is so that one can benefit through Dorje Shugden in China as not many people like the Dalai Lama there and some of them think that the practice  is life shortening for the Dalai Lama. In the end, they benefit from the practice.

I think that we should continue spreading the Dharma in China as it will be more beneficial. China has a lot of people. When more of them learn about Dorje Shugden, so many more will benefit.

Also, I read that Dorje Shugden is great for granting worldly wishes. Because the Chinese are so preoccupied with worldly desires, they will be naturally attracted to the practice. Because of that, Dorje Shugden will help them a lot.