Author Topic: Can anybody help  (Read 9390 times)

Zach

Re: Can anybody help
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 12:42:02 PM »
Ive been studying and trying to practice Gesh la's teachings on and off for over 10 years. My ability to find and hold my object in meditation has developed and has came to the stage were I find meditations on love and compassion can make a real impression on my mind and so on. The thing is after I chant the prayers in heart jewel and so on after the med. I find it difficult to hold my object. Surly banging drums and chanting in that way isnt conducive with holding the object. Most people cant  find the object I just cant understand. Maybe if you were to get wired up before the meditation with chanting and stuff but after?

I assume your on about the Lamrim meditation during Heart Jewel, Its good to know that there is an appropriate time to hold your object and when to focus on other things, Absorbing Je Rinpoche into the Heart is a good way to finish of our Lamrim meditation because the realization will stay with him so long as we remember him at our Heart so our subject will not entirely disappear but become more subtle for the time being while we concentrate on the next set of prayers.

Anthony

• Email
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 01:23:29 PM »
Respect and thank you for the comment, technically speaking do you think it is conducive for holding an object in meditation and onwards to start banging and chanting about stuff that has no relevance to your object? Fair point!..... :)

Anthony

• Email
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 01:41:23 PM »
Buddha teaches us to question, If I find an apparent floor then it would be wrong for me to ignore and be a sheep, surely :)