Author Topic: Emperor Kangxi and Dorje Shugden = same mindstream  (Read 24054 times)

hope rainbow

Emperor Kangxi and Dorje Shugden = same mindstream
« on: December 30, 2011, 01:51:03 PM »
Did you know that the Emperor Kangxi of China was a re-incarnation of Dorje Shugden?

The Emperor Kangxi was pivotal in the history of China, he brought China up and gave the country many tools to continue a path of political stability and growth.

Dorje Shugden will continue to benefit all sentient beings of course, but it seems that China has got some extra merits...

See more on this page: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=5762

shugdenprotect

• Email
Re: Emperor Kangxi and Dorje Shugden = same mindstream
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 05:03:26 PM »
Wow! That is pretty exciting information. I also heard that there is a Dorje Shugden image (Genzey form) in one of China's main pilgrimage site: Wu Tai Shan that principally worship Manjushri. The Chinese go for pilgrimage to this site with their children, especially during periods of major examination, to pray for Manjushri's blessing of wisdom (intelligence).

It is most appropriate for Dorje Shugden, the perfect protector of this time, to be closely linked to China because China is rising rapidly as the world power. If the populace of this powerhouse has the merits to be blessed with Dorje Shugden’s practice (a.k.a protection), it is likely that China will become a sustainable world leader that is powerful secularly and spiritually.

Additionally, as Kangxi’s reign was known for being one of the most peaceful times of China, it would be so vital and extremely beneficial that such peace reenacts again with the flourishing of Dorje Shugden’s practice at this time. With China as an influential nation that promotes peace over war, there is a high possibility for peace to spread to other parts of the world.

Once again, the wisdom, skillfulness and compassion of the Buddha prove to be immeasurable and incomparable. May we continue to create the merits for Dorje Shugden’s practice to flourish as well as return to its home of motherland China.

Mana

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 11:15:57 PM »
Throughout the long history of China, there were many great Emperors like Kangxi, and there were also horrible emperors, like the recent Mr Mao himself.

Emperors like Kangxi united the nation, benefitted the people, promoted Buddhism (as seen by the close interactions between the royalties and Tibetan/Mongolian high lamas during those period), built temples, and ultimately brought peace and happiness with their reign.

On the contrary, horrible anti-religion/anti-Buddha emperors like Mr Mao destroyed religion, temples, monasteries, burned Dharma books...

There were cylces of prominent and dark age for Buddhism throughout the history of China, and now, after the dark age of Mao is tapering off, it is time for Buddhism to shine in China again, and this time with Dorje Shugden taking centerstage!

Dolce Vita

• Email
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 02:44:55 AM »
If we look at the history in China, Tang Dynasty, Song Dynasty, Qing Dynasty were very peaceful and prosperous, and these were also the period when Buddhism was widely practised. A lot of scholars and society value were based on Buddhism.

Few months ago I watched a documentary on the development of Buddhism in China. It said that due to the nature of Vajrayana practice, ie, its ability to bring the practitioner to enlightenment swiftly, Vajrayana was practised exclusively among the royalties. Commoners were only allowed to practise Sutra. This is why Mahayana is more popular among the general public in China than Vajrayana. I found this to be very interesting.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 03:18:25 AM »
"The time has come to show your might,
With four conducts, swift and decisive,
Swiftly accomplishing, just as wished,
Deeply heart-felt aims, especially!

Now is time to judge the karmic truth!
Time to clear the innocent of blame!
Time to guard weak, protectorless beings,
Time to protect your dharma children!"

"Beings throughout this great earth are engaged in different actions
Of Dharma, non-Dharma, happiness, suffering, cause and effect;
Through your skilful deeds of preventing and nurturing,
Please lead all beings into the good path to ultimate happiness."

With fervent request and prayers daily to Lord Shugden, anything is possible and if you really think about it, this is what the protector is actually(or rather has always) been doing. Regardless of the nature of blessings requested, Dorje Shugden provides the necessary for the Dharma to flourish and for harmony and peace to prevail.

Dorje Shugden provides in both on a small and larger scale of blessings as we can see from the prayers mentioned above. For people who are not Buddhist even, Dorje Shugden provides blessings and protection. As Emperor Kangxi did, he gave harmony and peace to the people of China, and mind you, there are thousands of them whom have received his kindness! It is only correct and logical to think that they are definitely of the same mindstream if not an emanation from the powerful deity-mahasiddha who made this happen!

And now is so much more for Dorje Shugden to return to China and His people, not as an emperor this time due to the nature and disposition of the country and its political standing, but as a spiritual figure, a deity of today's rat race overseeing that everything runs smoothly on the outside and the flourishing of the person's spiritual well being on the inside.
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

diamond girl

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 04:32:37 AM »
As we reflect here and see that the best times in China were also times when Buddhism prevailed. I wonder if the Chinese people also see this? I wonder if during the period of Communism when nationalism and government is worship, there were people who still maintained religious practices?

Several months ago I spoke to a friend who is from Hong Kong and spoke to her about Buddhism, I even shared with her some teachings I had learnt, she listened (I guess out of social manners) and at the end of it, she responded that she does not practice religion and that her loyalty lies with the government and its policies. Eventhough, Hong Kong is independent, it is still part of China.

Working in China too made me experience the same sentiment. They are not against religion per se but I guess they have not experienced the benefits from spiritual practice since nationalism/communism was what they understand to bring them the benefits. There is a spiritual void among the Chinese.

However, as the people of China are more financially stable, I am very sure that there will be a "movement" again in pursuit of spirituality. We must promote the chinese website xiongdeng.com!

wang

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 07:04:28 AM »
Did you know that the Emperor Kangxi of China was a re-incarnation of Dorje Shugden?

Ans: I don't know. 

For what reasons we say Kangxi was re-incarnation of Dorjie Shugden?

If there is no reason but just a claim by someone, then we can also say Taizhong Of Tang dynasty also be DS's previous life(he is the greatest emperor of all in the whole 3000+ years Chinese history), and someone from north India will say Chairman Mao be re-incarnation of DS also...

Galen

• Email
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 09:39:22 AM »
I have heard that Emperor Kang Xi was the reincarnation of Dorje Shugden. During his tenure as Emperor, there has been lots of temples being built. One of them is the White Stupa Temple in Beijing. I have visited the temple last year and read that Emperor Kang Xi was instrumental in the reestablishment of the temple. Inside the temple, there were a lot of vajrayana buddha statues that were being uncovered in the temple and being displayed. There were also pictures of buddhist monks performing fire pujas in the temple. this temple is not that widely known and not promoted as the major tourist attraction in Beijing. Nevertheless, the history is is very interesting.

Unfortunately I did not take any pictures. :(

Wikipedia has a brief info on the temple.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miaoying_Temple

wang

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 10:32:43 AM »
I have heard that Emperor Kang Xi was the reincarnation of Dorje Shugden. During his tenure as Emperor, there has been lots of temples being built. One of them is the White Stupa Temple in Beijing. I have visited the temple last year and read that Emperor Kang Xi was instrumental in the reestablishment of the temple. .....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miaoying_Temple

This White Stupa Temple was built by Chogyal Phakpa the 5th Great Sakya Masters during Yuen dynasty.  Maybe Kangxi has expanded it during the Qing Dynasty.

Regarding those buddha statues in display, I am sorry to tell you that it is a collection of statue from those destroyed monasteries during the Cultural Revolution in Tibet(Greater Tibet in that sense)...

This is one of my favorite visiting monastery during my stay in Beijing...

Galen

• Email
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 01:16:06 PM »

This White Stupa Temple was built by Chogyal Phakpa the 5th Great Sakya Masters during Yuen dynasty.  Maybe Kangxi has expanded it during the Qing Dynasty.

Regarding those buddha statues in display, I am sorry to tell you that it is a collection of statue from those destroyed monasteries during the Cultural Revolution in Tibet(Greater Tibet in that sense)...

This is one of my favorite visiting monastery during my stay in Beijing...

Thanks for the clarification. Yes I think Emperor Kang Xi definitely expanded on the monastery. I explicitly saw a  picture of Emperor Kang Xi in the museum in the temple.

Nevertheless, Tibetan Buddhism definitely has a huge influence in China. Buddhism will grow again in this century.

icy

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 02:28:22 PM »
Emperor Kangxi was a very wise emperor during the Qing Dynasty.  He had expanded and used Buddhism to unite the different nationalities in ancient China i.e. the Han, Tibetan, Mongolian and Manchurian to bring peace during his rule.  He performed pilgrimages to the Wu Tai San mountain, abode of Manjushri and stayed at Pusading Temple, the imperial temple.  Till today you could still see a tablet with Emperor Kangxi's inscription of a sutra hung to the wall of a archway in this temple.

I believe Dorje Shugden will flourish in China and Buddhism will relive the period during Emperor Kangxi's reign once again.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 03:51:18 PM »
As Tibet is now part of China, perhaps it is easier to see Buddhism as Chinese Buddhism now and not distinguish it as Tibetan. Religion gives people moral values which are absent in a secular world and as China has become a materialistic society, it would be in China's interest to develop Buddhism as one of their main religions.

Dorje Shugden is perfect for China as he initially can be seen as a wealth deity and that will be appealing to the Chinese. His previous history such as the link with Emperor Kangxi will also make him more easily accepted by the Chinese. Kangxi's reign as Emperor brought about stability and prosperity to China after years of war and chaos. His period of rule was referred to as the "Prosperous Era of Kangxi and Qianlong", which lasted for generations after his own lifetime. Dorje Shugden is known for bringing stability and wealth so perhaps Dorje Shugden will restore stability to China and make its economic growth sustainable amidst a worrying global economic situation in 2012.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Big Uncle

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 05:18:48 PM »
I think the greatest contribution and perhaps his real legacy to Je Tsongkhapa's tradition was the construction of YongHe Gong palace during the reign of Emperor Kangxi. It was Kangxi's son, Emperor YongZheng that converted the palace into a Tibetan Buddhist monastery.

It was an era of Buddhist learning and practice that began with Emperor Kangxi and flourished with his descendants when his own glorious grandson, Emperor Qianlong grew up with the renowned Tibetan Tulku, Changkya Rolpe Dorje. This Tulku came to significantly spread the Gaden tradition within the Chinese aristocracy. Hence, it is not unusual that Dorje Shugden emanated as Emperor Kangxi because his lasting contributions reveal his true identity.

Anyway, to the Tibetans, the rulers of China were considered emanations of Manjushri. Just like how the rulers of Tibet were considered emanations of Avalokiteshvara. Now, Dorje Shugden is Manjushri and so Emperor Kangxi may well have been a direct emanation of Dorje Shugden.

Lawrence L

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 06:09:26 PM »
China is a big country with a long and complicated backgound/history.
Yet China is a beautiful country with cultures, religion, scholars etc.
An emperor like Kang Xi, he had the wisdom to unite people and rule the country well. He was one of the most famous rulers in China and I personally like him a lot. During his time, China is peace and people live well. His time was a crucial time, as the Qing Dynasty just being established. A peace maker like Kang Xi was very much needed.

I could relate Dorje Shugden with Kang Xi and im happy if Dorje Shugden's practice could spread widely in China to continuosly benefit the people in China. Is sad when we read back the China history. People there need Dharma very much. Dorje Shugden's practice will benefit them, just like how Kang Xi benefit people in China during the past.

happysun

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2012, 06:38:01 PM »
It is not surprised that the China greatest King Emperor KangXi is one of the reincarnation of Dorje Shugden. I went to find out some information from China historical book had recorded that Kang Xi like Tibetan Buddhism very much. His had support to convert the palace into Tibetan Monastery called Yong He Gong, well known as lamasery few decade until today. Kang Xi also used his politic power to support Buddhism in China at that time. Many Kang Xi's follower had be converted become a strong practitioner of Tibetan Buddhism.

The Yong He Gong in Beijing, China become a most famous Buddhism holy place in China. When you enter the chapel, immediately you can see a huge Lama Tsongkhapa's statue in front of your face. The big statue is very holy and I believe this statue will bring harmony, calm, inner peace to people who is visit him! This is one of the great contribution. This is the great afford by KangXi.       

Until today, this monastery still open and train more energetic, 600 years already practice, so Buddha cannot be wrong!