Author Topic: Dorje Shugden practitioners are drug traffickers  (Read 15522 times)

jessicajameson

• Email
Re: Dorje Shugden practitioners are drug traffickers
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 10:52:21 AM »
@Barzin Yeah, Kris resurfaced this post.

I totally agree with what you wrote in January... all those who signs the form has to read Dorje Shugden's name, thereby creating an imprint in their mindstream! Here's to hoping that they place a photo of Dorje Shugden outside their temple as well.

I just read on the Amitabha Buddhist Centre's website on Lama Zopa Rinpoche's recovery. Ven Roger wrote on March 18 that Denma Locho Rinpoche advised some pujas and gave the following advice:

"In order to be harmonious, generally, you should not look for any faults in others, but look for the positive, the inner qualities. Thinking negatively like, "He is bad, she is bad", will not lead to harmony. Try to see the qualities in others and try to work harmoniously.

Recite the prayer Losang gyal tan ma - The Prayer for the Flourishing of Je Tsongkhapa’s Teachings - well [for links to the prayer see below]. Please recite it well. If students can do that, that’s really great.

But the most important thing is not looking at each others’ faults but looking at the qualities of others.

Then, whatever responsibility you have in the center [project or service], do the work from your heart, put all your energy into that, take the difficulties/hardships upon yourself and do the work wholeheartedly. If the work is done well, this will benefit the teachings of the Buddha, and also it will bring about happiness and joy to all sentient beings.
"

So they meet the many people that they do at their center, find out that some are practicing Dorje Shugden, they view that "he/she is bad"... do they then indirectly stop their Rinpoche from getting well? If harmony is the key, where is the harmony by stopping people from attending a living Buddha (Dalai Lama) teachings?

Dhiman

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 11:13:22 AM »
Can I conclude that most of the people here is already made known that the Dorje Shugden ban is a plot created by His Holiness to promote the great Dharmapala? If yes, then I would like to ask with deep respect : why is everyone expressing shock and surprise towards this matter when it is in fact happening globally?

As per my understanding, the ban was plotted with the intention to spread the influence of Dorje Shugden through China who is fully against His Holiness - whom clearly stated countless of times that this practice will shorten his life. If that is the case, the controversy should be intensified in order to convince the Chinese to promote the Dharmapala out of objection towards His Holiness. Similarly, this will also lead to discriminating implementations by faithful followers of His Holiness, such as in this case of the registration form.

Additionally, what dondrup mentioned is true:
How can FPMT tell if someone had chosen to lie – with no intention of harming - because they sincerely want to attend HHDL’s teaching?

If I am a DS practitioner and would be interested to attend this teaching by His Holiness, does my ignorance towards the 'Declaration' section considered a lie? An act of non-virtue which creates bad karma for myself?  I beg to differ. If my motivation to attend the teaching is to learn Dharma to benefit others through compassion, how can it be a non-virtuous act? In fact, branding oneself as a Shugden practitioner is just an insignificant label, proven by the global community of practitioners who upholds Dorje Shugden in secret.

This is just my view and please feel free to correct me.

pgdharma

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 11:30:48 AM »
Why is it that people of other faith and religion do not have to sign this declaration except Dorje Shugden practitioners? Where is religious freedom and equanimity? Is it what Buddhism is all about, depriving practitioners from receiving the dharma?

However,  this is a great way to promote Dorje Shugden. Everyone who fill in the form will have a seed planted in them. This clause will also create curiosity for people to want to know more and will attract them to learn more about Dorje Shugden. Thanks to all the controversies, Dorje Shugden is growing and spreading everywhere.

icy

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 12:11:54 PM »
This is absolutely ridiculous!  Where is human rights?  If you examine Buddhist principles then Buddhism has gone bizarre.  Why not ostracize Christainity, Islam or Hindu?  There is no reason why there should be world interfaith conference or meetings let alone meetings with world religious leaders to promote goodwill and world peace.  If practising Dorje Shugden leads to ostracization then it is merely hypocrisy in promoting world peace through interfaith.  Interfaith is beautiful but it appears to me as mere hypocrisy and much of its action is in question.

michaela

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 01:51:56 PM »
Interesting information.  I don't understand why we as DS practitioners should declare that.  isn't this the same as condemning our own Guru who gave us this practice?

Aurore

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 02:28:45 PM »
In case nobody knew about Dorje Shugden yet and wanted to go and meet the Dalai Lama, there was no better way to let them know about this Dharmapala.
I would just have improved the text like this though:

I HEREBY DECLARE AND CATEGORICALLY STATE THAT I AM NOT A DORJE SHUGDEN PRACTITIONER AND AM NOT IN CIRCUMSTANCES ASSOCIATED OR AFFILIATED IN WHATEVER MANNER WITH SUCH PRACTICE AND/OR ORGANIZATION. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE MATTER REFER TO THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE: www.dorjeshugden.com

That'd would have been real cool... Grin  ;D

I think it would be real cool to have more information about Dorje Shugden as well. For some who may not know about the ban, they will be very much puzzled about this. I do hope it will prompt them to google about Dorje Shugden and gain more information about this powerful protector. This website comes up first not counting Wikipedia. :)

Whenever there is anything to do with Dalai Lama, Dorje Shugden is not to be left out too. Dalai Lama is using his fame to increase Dorje Shugden's fame.

To me this silly rule is another form of working towards the big picture.

Positive Change

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 02:30:07 PM »
Well... I am not surprised really... Even in this day and age we still have certain countries in Asia with forms that ask you of your ethnicity and I find that racist almost. What is more, these are forms that their very citizens are required to fill up. Why the hell does one need to know what race you are? Aren't citizens of a country just that regardless of ethnicity? Surely Americans are Americans whether they are African Americans or Chinese Americans, or whatever. I feel this is so silly and completely out of context, which this post reminds me of really...

However the form categorically is of violation of basic human rights because it is purely discriminatory... It is phrased in such a way that you have to say you are NOT a practitioner when you sign, so if you are, the form is void really. Hence no choice whatsoever and is purely used in a discriminatory manner.

Then again, it is a spiritual event and one could argue that one only permits another of the same beliefs... well... if that is the case, why call themselves a Buddhist Center to begin with? If Buddha Shakyamuni were discriminatory, all of us would be LOST!

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 03:12:13 PM »
Well... I am not surprised really... Even in this day and age we still have certain countries in Asia with forms that ask you of your ethnicity and I find that racist almost. What is more, these are forms that their very citizens are required to fill up. Why the hell does one need to know what race you are? Aren't citizens of a country just that regardless of ethnicity? Surely Americans are Americans whether they are African Americans or Chinese Americans, or whatever. I feel this is so silly and completely out of context, which this post reminds me of really...

In my opinion, I do think this is the "requirement" by Dharamsala/ CTA perhaps, for the delegates attending any of His Holiness' event. I do not blame the centre.

This is a case of discrimination definitely, and if we remember, the Dorjee Shugden Devotees’ Charitable and Religious Society has filed a case against the CTA and His Holiness for the harassment and maltreatment, but the High Court of Delhi dismissed their writ petition and application on the grounds that the allegations of violence and harassment were ‘vague averments’ and that the raised issues ‘do not partake of any public law character and therefore are not justiciable in proceedings under Article 226 of the Constitution.’ They also cite the ‘absence of any specific instances of any such attacks’ on Dorje Shugden practitioners.

It is sad that evidence like these are everywhere, but even the court of law doesn't accept our plea.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2012, 04:25:17 PM »
This is actually quite funny. Firstly I wonder if it is at all constitutional to forbid anyone from participating in a public event, based on a sectarian religious belief.  I am quite certain that from an International Law perspective, it can be challenged.

Nevertheless as a few people have already pointed out, the more Dorje Shugden’s name is spread the better it is for the Practice. I have always believed that at some point the ban will be lifted and in the meantime the more attention is drawn to Dorje Shugden, the better it is.

In the meantime, if one were to be inspired by curiosity to find out about who Dorje Shugden actually is and what the controversy is about, there is a strong likelihood that one will actually disagree with the ban and see the Protector as the Buddha he is.  This is especially true and likely if one were to Google “Dorje Shugden” as see this website (listed NO.1 on the results page) as the absolute authority on the subject matter. This site makes a tremendous difference in the public forming the correct view of the Protector Buddha.  The Dalai Lama raises the question and this site answers it. Sweet.

I believe His Holiness the Dalai Lama is aware of this and is taking advantage of this set of collective conditions to spread the name of Shugden.

Anyway, the first part of the Declaration seeks to indemnify the organizers for any loss or damage to a person, as a result of attending the Dalai Lama’s Teaching Tour. Has HHDL’s Teachings become a contact sport or something precarious and similar to Pamplona’s Running Of The Bulls?

Positive Change

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, 01:48:23 PM »
This is actually quite funny. Firstly I wonder if it is at all constitutional to forbid anyone from participating in a public event, based on a sectarian religious belief.  I am quite certain that from an International Law perspective, it can be challenged.

Actually kudos to those who wrote it (must be some lawyer)... It does not state that one cannot participate the event if they were Dorje Shugden practitioners or associated to Dorje Shugden practice. it is worded very smart in that it makes you divulge or admit to it but it does not state you cannot enter the event. Hence if this was taken to a court of law, there is no reasonable doubt that the people themselves assumed this!

The form only asks that you declare you are not practicing or associated to the practice. Very sneaky! So should they see that you have not signed they can refuse you entry purely because you have not signed and that the reason may or may not be that you practice or are associated!

All that aside, it is great publicity though as Dorje Shugden is mentioned in the form. For ones who do not know they will be curious and try to find out. Whatever the case is, everyone in participating in the event WILL hear of Dorje Shugden and have seeds planted in their mindstream! That in itself is brilliant!

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 05:02:14 PM »
There are positive effects that arise from this declaration. I come to learn about Dorje Shugden from these very same declaration when a friend brought me to attend a dharma event by a high lama. At the registration desk, all attendees were required to leave their name and contact number on a little slip of paper. And at the very bottom of the slip,we were made to sign after this simple phrase " I do not practice Dorje Shugden.".............. After we were seated, I asked my friend what the declaration was about. He just told me very hush hushed that we are not supposed to mention the DS word, but if I wanted to know more, I can go visit dorjeshugden.com. So this is how I got my first introduction to DS and by an anti-Shugden!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 07:19:04 AM »
This statement appears in every forms of Amitabha Buddhist Center, Singapore (http://www.fpmtabc.org/), whether it is a trip to attend Dalai Lama's teaching in South East Asia, Kalachakra, or a trip to Dharamsala. On top of name, passpost number, addresses etc personal details, you need to declare that you do not practice Dorje Shugden first.

Huh? Practicing Dorje Shugden has become like drug trafficking? You have to declare on your arrival form that you do not carry any illegal drugs when you are going to certain countries, and now you have to declare that you do not practice Dorje Shugden before you are allowed to go on a trip? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I personally find this form amusing, really amusing. The reason being is, how would anyone know if I am a Dorje Shugden practitioner or not if I just keep quiet and say in that form that I am not a practitioner? I dont think so anyone can find out at all. That phrase there is only for show purposes and to make the Dalai Lama and CTA content rather that really wanting to keep Dorje Shugden practitioners out.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2015, 10:46:58 PM »
People out there can say whatever they want because we all know that someday their karma will catch up. As long as we all know what are we doing, as long as I know who am I praying to ( which whom is an enlightened Buddha- Dorje Shugden ), people can say whatever they want and it doesn't affect me, I am very clear of my practise and spiritual beliefs. It used to affect me a lo when people put down my practise, but slowly I have learnt to ignore these untrue and meaningless comments as they are a waste of time  ;D

X

• Email
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2015, 11:26:40 AM »
I think this is just too much, its ridiculous. This is just like being racist, you discriminate and treat people with different skin colour differently. If you think properly, do you think the Buddha will choose who he will teach ? Do you think the Buddha will say like ' oh, you're a Dorje Shugden practitioner, you don't deserve to receive the dharma. ' ? Definitely not! Even a criminal deserve a chance to change. So Dorje Shugden practitioner deserve to receive the Dharma from HHDL. I truly wish that Dorje Shugden ban will be lifted ASAP. So that all these nonsense will never happen ever again.

Pema8

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 01:55:08 PM »
I find it's a good way to look at it as means to spread Dorje Shugden more and more.
People who don't know about the situation will check and learn more and Dorje Shugden gets spread more and more. Nothing bad will come out of Dorje Shugden practice ever!
May the ban end soon!