Author Topic: Dorje Shugden 3D Mandala  (Read 9775 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Dorje Shugden 3D Mandala
« on: January 02, 2012, 11:11:35 AM »
I saw this picture of a Dorje Shuden 3D mandala, said to be at the Chojin Lama museum in Mongolia.

This thangka is also at the Chojin Lama Museum.

Here's some info about the museum.

THE CHOIJIN LAMA MUSEUM

(http://www.legendtour.ru/eng/mongolia/ulaanbaatar/choijin-lama-museum.shtml)

The Choijin Lama Temple Museum is an architectural masterpiece of the 19th and 20th century. The monastery was erected by Mongolian architects.

The museum is only one block south of the Square. Although not as good as the Winter Palace, there is still plenty to snap. A useful English language booklet is available at the monastery entrance. A concrete ger inside the grounds has a good selection of reasonably priced souvenirs, and probably the best range of books about Buddhism and Mongolia in Ulaanbaatar.

In July 1921 in the center of Ulaanbaatar, the 'hero of the revolution', Damdin Sukhbaatar, declared Mongolia's final independence from the Chinese. The Square now bears his name and features a statue of him astride his horse. The words he apparently proclaimed at the time are engraved on the bottom of the statue: 'If we, the whole people, unite in our common effort and common will, there will be nothing in the world that we cannot achieve, that we will not have learnt or failed to do.'

The temple was built between 1904 and 1908 by the 8th Bogd Khaan Javzandamba, and dedicated to his brother Lama Luvsanhaidav. The Museum has a fine collection of woodcarving, applique, embroidery and sculptures, dated as early as the XVII century.

The museum contains precious examples of Buddhist art including the paintings by Ts. Zanabazar, a renowned religious reformer and great artisan of 17th century as well as colorful masks for Tsam Dance ceremony embroidered with corals, bronze statue of gods in erotic poses, silk tankas and many other artifacts.

This monastery is also known as the Museum of Religion. It was the home of Luvsan Haidav Choijin Lama ('Choijin' is an honorary title given to some monks), the state oracle and brother of the Bogd Khaan. The construction of the monastery commenced in 1904 and was completed four years later. It was closed in 1938 and probably would have been demolished but it was saved as a museum in 1942 to demonstrate the 'feudal' ways of the past. Although religious freedom in Mongolia recommenced in 1990, this monastery is no longer an active place of worship and will probably remain a museum.

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Big Uncle

Re: Dorje Shugden 3D Mandala
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 05:48:57 PM »
Ahhh! It is a Gyalchen Tendoe, or the Mansion of Dorje Shugden. It is made of multicolored strings, images, carvings and so forth. It is empowered with rituals of monks to invite essence of Dorje Shugden and entourage to reside within. The top floor will have a door that reveals Amitabha Buddha, the first floor, Dharma Protector Sertrab and on the ground floor, Dulzin Dorje Shugden, five families and the rest of the 32 members of his entourage.

I read in Kyabje Zong Rinpoche's autobiography that the last thing he instructed was a Gyalchen Tendoe to be constructed just before he passed away. He particularly placed emphasis on the construction of the mansion. 

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 05:18:53 PM »
Thank you Big Uncle! I remember reading about Gyalchen Tendoes on the forum before and did a quick search. Under this thread, http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1360.0, there are photos of Gyalchen Tendoes Dorje Shugden Stupas which are the solid version of the 3D Mandala above. I just never linked the two!

It's quite amazing to see a real construction of what is described in the kangsol - i didn't expect it to be so tall.

I couldn't find other pictures of a 3D Gyalchen Tendoe but here is a picture of a Yamantaka 3D Mandala which looks very elaborate and i think is stunning!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

nagaseeker

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 06:46:10 PM »
Thank you Big Uncle! I remember reading about Gyalchen Tendoes on the forum before and did a quick search. Under this thread, http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1360.0, there are photos of Gyalchen Tendoes Dorje Shugden Stupas which are the solid version of the 3D Mandala above. I just never linked the two!

It's quite amazing to see a real construction of what is described in the kangsol - i didn't expect it to be so tall.

I couldn't find other pictures of a 3D Gyalchen Tendoe but here is a picture of a Yamantaka 3D Mandala which looks very elaborate and i think is stunning!

Dear wisdombeing , i also did some research about 3D Gyalchen Tendoe but could'n found any and the most i see before is the same like the picture you post up , it is tall and looks like a stupa while other 3D mandala looks very colorful and details ~

triesa

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 03:45:41 PM »
Thank you Wisdom Being for sharing this incredible Dorje Shugden 3D mandela. I have seen painting of a DS mandela but not a 3D one.

What is the significance of having a 3D mandela on your altar?

lamatsongkhapa

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 05:28:17 PM »
Thanks Wisdom Being and Nagaseeker for sharing your photos of Dorje Shugden Mandala. I really like the one Nagaseeker posted up because it depicts an actually house for Dorje Shugden so I find it unique to see one like that. It shows its details and colour wonderfully. I like how there are windows on it as well. :) I wish I could have an actual 3D Model of a Dorje Shugden Mandala in my house.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 04:27:52 PM »
Thank you for sharing the pictures of Dorje Shugden's Mandala, all of them are so nicely set up, I love them especially the one that Nagaseeker posted up. The mandala is so nicely done and set up, it's almost like a mansion, I rejoice for this because this shows that their faith in Dorje Shugden is very strong.

pinecone

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 12:39:04 PM »
Wow, such an awesome and unique 3D Dorje Shugden mandala.  Always attracted by the striking and eye-catching colours used on Tibetans’ furniture, tangkas and by just  staring and admiring the amazing colours combination used on Mansion of Dorje Shugden, one will eventually eager to know more on Dorje Shugden and it’s practice.

psylotripitaka

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 02:07:55 PM »
PICTURE FROM NAGASEEKER IS THE KALACHAKRA MANDALA, NOT DORJE SHUGDEN'S PALACE FYI

angelica

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 03:19:32 PM »
Nagaseeker, thanks for sharing such a beautiful 3D mandala. The workmanship is so fine in every aspect.

fruven

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 05:34:55 PM »
It is very beautiful to behold. Thanks for sharing it. Imagine the effort and time that has put into making it!

grandmapele

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 09:55:12 AM »
Thank you to all who contributed pictures and clarifications. They are interesting and beautiful to behold. Such a rare sight.