Author Topic: Trijang Rinpoche's statue, stupa and oil painting in Trijang Ladrang  (Read 8879 times)

Namdrol

• Email
Trijang Rinpoche's statue, stupa and oil painting in Trijang Ladrang, Gaden Monastery, India

icy

Re: Trijang Rinpoche's statue, stupa and oil painting in Trijang Ladrang
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 04:04:03 AM »
Thank you Namdrol for sharing these holy objects in Trijang Ladrang.  It is truly inspiring and fortunate just even to take a glimpse.  The enlightened mind is planted to those who viewed these objects. Such virtuous merits you have amassed.  I rejoice.

triesa

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 10:26:14 AM »
Thank you Namdrol for sharing these pictures.

The fact that Trijang Rinpoche's ladrang with its beautiful statue, stupa and the painting of Trijang Rinpoche's portrait still standing firm in Gaden Monastary speaks volume. Trijang Rinpoche is one of the holders of DS lineage, many monks and students have received DS empowerments from HH. The current Trijang Rinpoche is also secretly keeping his DS practice as a layman.

HHDL and CTA kept a blind eye to Trijang Ladrang remaining in Gaden Monastary, that should throw a stone to those anti-shugden practitioners all around the world who are trying to be witch-hunt religious policemen and set rules and regulations to refrain DS practitioners from even entering their centers or temples to receive teachings.

Sometimes I really hope they will see the big picture behind the ban.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 10:51:51 AM »
Thank you Namdrol for sharing these pictures.

The fact that Trijang Rinpoche's ladrang with its beautiful statue, stupa and the painting of Trijang Rinpoche's portrait still standing firm in Gaden Monastary speaks volume. Trijang Rinpoche is one of the holders of DS lineage, many monks and students have received DS empowerments from HH. The current Trijang Rinpoche is also secretly keeping his DS practice as a layman.

HHDL and CTA kept a blind eye to Trijang Ladrang remaining in Gaden Monastary, that should throw a stone to those anti-shugden practitioners all around the world who are trying to be witch-hunt religious policemen and set rules and regulations to refrain DS practitioners from even entering their centers or temples to receive teachings.

Sometimes I really hope they will see the big picture behind the ban.

Smart man, moving to the States and temporarily donning lay clothes so the Tibetan government cant touch him. Seriously, the CTA have such a grotesque sense of self-importance. They rule over what, a few hundred thousand Tibetans? And yet they cant even provide fully for them...sad.

Hahaha a stone? Trijang Ladrang? Come on, the friggin Dorje Shugden statue in Gaden Monastery is still there! His Holiness the Dalai Lama didnt tell them to destroy it, he told them to keep it to one side. Now if it was the statue of a spirit, why on earth wouldnt His Holiness just say flat out to get rid of the statue?

With so much evidence staring them in the face, the anti-Shugdenites still continue to prosecute us. Just goes to show, their using the ban for their own personal agendas, not because they know the difference between right and wrong. But hey, whatever helps them to sleep at night.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 02:34:00 PM »
Beautiful! These holy items and relic are preserved very well by the caretaker monk in Trijang Ladrang despite Trijang Rinpoche being in USA. We are very fortunate to even see these pictures to be blessed and imprints being implanted to those who sees them. I personally liked the oil painting very much and it depicts a very serene Trijang Rinpoche.

HHDL used to visit Trijang Ladrang each year to pay his respect to Trijang Rinpoche but he stopped in year 2010.

Manjushri

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 09:15:05 PM »
Very nice, it will be such great blessings for one to be able to visit Trijang Ladrang in Gaden.

Apparently I heard when the ban came about, the current Trijang Rinpoche, when he lived there, had to keep moving rooms within his Ladrang, because of the death threat he received from anti-shugdenites. Imagine the nightmare of having to face such situations. And also, I was told that the care-takers at Trijang Ladrang were so devoted to Trijang Rinpoche that they themselves stood as bodyguards infront of Trijang Rinpoche's Ladrang to stand guard, to protect Trijang Rinpoche. They would rather get killed than have people kill Trijang Rinpoche. This is truly a story which epitomizes guru devotion. When I heard this story, I teared.

A ban can inflict so much discrimination, anger, hatred, jealousy and violence in people, and within the sangha. It can even drive people to the extent to killing high lamas because of their practise. I feel that in today's society, when people hear a negative comment, many just take it as is on face value...why don't people look deeper and understand what's going on behind the scenes, or question why things, especially on a scale like this (the ban), occur. Quite sad.

Anyways, this Trijang Ladrang also holds the very scared and holy thangka which HHDL requested for (from Trijang Rinpoche) to carry on his back whilst escaping from Tibet, yeah?

dsdisciple

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 11:57:50 AM »
Thank you Namdrol for these beautiful highly blessed pics of Trijang Labrang and the caretaker monks with great care and devotion maintaining Trijang Labrang.

It blow's my mind that persons could consider harming enlightened beings in the name of dharma, shows how in degenerate times, dharma can be twisted for ones own means to an ends.

On the other side of the coin though I am thankful for these monks for looking after Trijang Rinpoche and showing an inspirational example of what true guru devotion and keeping perfect samaya to their guru.

We talk so much about how the ban is bad? but looking deeper it is so much more than that...yes dharma and ds practice spreads far and wide.

But how often do we as buddhists truly have the conditions to truly practice in our cotton wool like situations where erverything is provided for our practices? Do we change our habitual patterns or meditate daily on things like impermanence, karma etc and transform ourselves.

I love that people contributing on the forum show a great example to others how to practice in the ban, how to be stable without creating more negative karma to DS ban.

So who is more kind to us? those who are kind to us or those who are not?

xo

dsiluvu

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 03:29:03 PM »
Seeing these wonderful pictures of Trijang Labrang is a blessing! Thanks Namdrol for posting these lovely pictures. It also shows us the inspirational Guru devotion the caretakers of Trijang Labrang has toward their Guru and even under such stressful and pressurizing circumstances, they remain steadfast, devoted and loyal. These are our heroes which tells us we should never give up and gives us all much to look forward.

The ban has definitely created many tests of devotion and loyalty. In a way it's has been quite positive, by rooting out all the sincere and non-sincere practitioners. It has given many strength, courage and propelled the amazing growth of awareness on DS and the ever growing DS monasteries/centres.       

DharmaDefender

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 06:41:53 PM »
Beautiful! These holy items and relic are preserved very well by the caretaker monk in Trijang Ladrang despite Trijang Rinpoche being in USA. We are very fortunate to even see these pictures to be blessed and imprints being implanted to those who sees them. I personally liked the oil painting very much and it depicts a very serene Trijang Rinpoche.

HHDL used to visit Trijang Ladrang each year to pay his respect to Trijang Rinpoche but he stopped in year 2010.

Galen, any ideas why? Seems quite sad...I know monks so devoted to their lama will really love to see him again. Can you imagine, these monks have lost their teacher and even the current incarnation still doesnt live with them. On top of that, they have the difficulties of the ban to contend with. And despite it, they still maintain their lamas ladrang in the way he wouldve wanted. Theyre such real students.

Then again I suppose the former Trijang Rinpoches status as the Dalai Lamas junior tutor saves them from being on the receiving end of too much grief? I can only hope against hope that theres SOME semblance of guru devotion left in the rest of the Tibetan community ::)

Galen

• Email
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 06:01:15 PM »

Galen, any ideas why? Seems quite sad...I know monks so devoted to their lama will really love to see him again. Can you imagine, these monks have lost their teacher and even the current incarnation still doesnt live with them. On top of that, they have the difficulties of the ban to contend with. And despite it, they still maintain their lamas ladrang in the way he wouldve wanted. Theyre such real students.

Then again I suppose the former Trijang Rinpoches status as the Dalai Lamas junior tutor saves them from being on the receiving end of too much grief? I can only hope against hope that theres SOME semblance of guru devotion left in the rest of the Tibetan community ::)

There were no reason as the why the Dalai Lama stopped visiting Trijang Ladrang. Even the monks in Shar Gaden do no know why. Maybe it is because Trijang Rinpoche is no longer staying there. Yes, it is truly sad that the monks in Trijang Ladrang could not see their Guru but it does not stop them from serving him from afar. They keep the ladrang in tip top condition.

The good news is that the current Trijang Rinpoche is consulted with issues in the Ladrang and he himself makes decision and gives instructions to his monks. This is what was told to me when I was there last year. The monks miss him very much.

vajrastorm

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 06:16:11 AM »
Thank you, Namdrol, for these lovely pictures of the sacred and holy items in Trijang Ladrang. These pictures show us a ladrang that is well-kept and preserved by its caretaker, a reflection of strong Guru Devotion in the absence of the Guru.

The fact that it is well kept will create the cause for the current Trijang Rinpoche to return to the ladrang and reside there. Already there are signs that this will happen soon, signs such as an image of Trijang Rinpoche arising from the marble at the base of the stupa.

Kyabje Choktrul Trijang Rinpoche will return to his ladrang the moment the ban on DS practice is lifted. The ban must be lifted soon for the sake of these loyal and devoted students, like this care-taker, and other Lamas, Geshes and monks who have suffered so much because of the ban. The ban must be lifted so that all the great Lamas who have worked so hard to spread Je Tsongkapa's lineage teachings, but have been condemned for practicing Shugden, will be vindicated, and with that and the flourishing of Dorje Shugden practice, a renaissance of Buddha dharma will prevail.

We can definitely help to create causes for the ban to be lifted by supporting this website and all its diverse efforts to promote and spread the practice of the King.We must do our part and not sit and wait. 

vajrastorm

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 07:17:33 AM »
A correction to be made re my previous post. The image of Trijang Rinpoche appeared on the stupa in his monastery in Chatreng, not in his Ladrang.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 05:51:11 PM »
I found this picture of Trijang Rinpoche's Stupa in Sampheling Monastery @ Trijang Rinpoche's Monastery in Chatreng, Sichuan Province, China. It is the same replica but smaller version of the Stupa in Trijang Ladrang (Shar Gaden).

This is the STUPA which has the image of the lama on one of the precious stone offered on the stupa.

pgdharma

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 02:08:11 PM »
It's a blessings to see all these beautiful pictures. Thank you, Namdrol, for sharing.  The holy items and relics are still so well preserved and even  the Ladrang is so  well maintained.  It shows strong guru devotion and loyalty by the monks to maintain the Ladrang well even though Trijang Rinpoche is now residing in United States. This will create the cause for Trijang Rinpoche to return when the ban is  lifted. May the ban be lifted soon!

hope rainbow

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 09:12:38 PM »
Trijang's ladrang is such a holy place.
I wonder if the place where Trijang Rinpoche studied under Pabongka Rinpoche in Tibet is still up...
If it is, it would be excellent to turn it into a place of pilgrimage.

I remember seeing a picture on this forum of the throne from which Pabongka Rinpoche thought the Lamrim.