Author Topic: The holy site of "Liberation in the Palm of your Hand"  (Read 7468 times)

Namdrol

• Email
The holy site of "Liberation in the Palm of your Hand"
« on: January 21, 2012, 10:47:01 PM »
This is said to be the holy site at Chuzang Hermitage near Lhasa in which Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche gave the historical 24-day exposition on the Lam Rim in 1921, which later became the classic "Liberation in the Palm of your Hand", compiled by Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche.

dsiluvu

Re: The holy site of "Liberation in the Palm of your Hand"
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 05:44:39 AM »
Awesomeness Wow! Thank you Namdrol for sharing this rare historical photo. I used visualise how this place would actually look like whenever I stare at the hard cover of the older published Lamrim.
Hundreds of thousands of people sat there to receive HH Pabongkha's teachings and it was said that his voice could be heard by every single person yet HH did not use any mic or speaker system. 

This sure is a holy pilgrimage site which I hope one day I too can go to pay homage to. You are very lucky have such merit to visit this holy ground!

Galen

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 01:50:22 PM »
I must say this picture is worth a lot cos it shows where the LAMRIM was taught by Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche. So blessed to see how it looks like and i could imagine so many people were there to receive the teachings for 24 days. I would want to visit the place one day!

The LAMRIM is so concise and is being taught is a clear and simplified manner. Buddha's teachings could not be easier. I have only managed to complete the whole book once. Would need to read it more to understand it better as the more we read we understand it more and more.

Do we know how far is it from Lhasa?

DharmaSpace

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 07:35:29 AM »
Is this already a pilgrimage site? I would very much like to have a chance to visit to this place where the great Pabongka Rinpoche spoke his words of wisdom and also disseminated the teachings or sutra, tantra and propagated the Dorje Shugden practise. So it is a very holy place for sure.

I remember the story of How Pabongka Rinpoche proved the lineage of the Lamrim he was promoting to His Holiness the Dalai Lama how in his letter he requested the Dalai Lama to refer to this or that book in his library to show the authenticity of the teachings. Shows that Pabongka Lama is clairvoyant and the Lamrim he taught is pure.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 08:42:05 AM »
Is this already a pilgrimage site? I would very much like to have a chance to visit to this place where the great Pabongka Rinpoche spoke his words of wisdom and also disseminated the teachings or sutra, tantra and propagated the Dorje Shugden practise. So it is a very holy place for sure.

I remember the story of How Pabongka Rinpoche proved the lineage of the Lamrim he was promoting to His Holiness the Dalai Lama how in his letter he requested the Dalai Lama to refer to this or that book in his library to show the authenticity of the teachings. Shows that Pabongka Lama is clairvoyant and the Lamrim he taught is pure.

According to the story, it is said that many people at that time was jealous of Pabongkha Rinpoche and made many, many negative comments regarding the authenticity of his lineage, so the 13th Dalai Lama sent a letter stating this and requested Pabongkha to prove his lineage to silence all of these people. He then replied a letter, stating the source of each and every major part of the teaching, from which page of which text, in which shelf within the Dalai Lama's library. The Dalai Lama used that reply to silence his critics, thus preventing a lot of ppl from creating negative karma.

DSFriend

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 10:46:09 AM »
Awesome!!! thanks Namdrol for the picture. I would love to visit this site one day too. Imagine, the great Pabongkha Rinpoche, giving the 24 day discourse with H.H. Trijang Rinpoche in audience to record down every word for us. It all happened at this holy site.

Can you imagine what would happen if Trijang Rinpoche wasn't paying attention (no disrespect intended) Our attitude when receiving discourse should be similar to that of Trijang Rinpoche else how will the Dharma be practiced and passed on to the next generation. The great masters are so kind to show us by example!

thaimonk

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 01:03:18 PM »
Namdrol,

You really contribute to this forum. You consistently post such interesting and varied news about our practice, locations, lamas, lineage and events. Where do you get all this from!!!?? Wow. Well it doesn't matter, just keep getting it for us. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

This forum isn't just a debate space about Dalai Lama vs Shugden and back and forth only. It's so much more. It has been so much more from the beginning when I read the old threads from years back. But it is evolving into something so much more now too.

I love this latest thread you have put up Namdrol. What a sacred spot. If i visit Tibet, I would go to this spot to make offerings, aspirational prayers and generate the mind of enlightenment. If Je Pabongka sat there, it is a blessed spot. If Je Pabongka spoke of the Lam Rim there, it should be equal to Bodhgaya, the place of Lord Buddha's enlightenmnent. Thank you so much for this post. It is sacred for sure.

triesa

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 03:59:53 PM »
Thank you Namdrol for sharing this picture. Even a glimpse of it brings so much blessing.

I agree with Thai monk, this website and forum is constantly bringing new information about our lineage, holy sites, monasteries and lineage lamas, there is so much to learn here that it is almost like a walking DS encyclopedia. I like checking into this site daily, everyday, there is new posts, and new information. Learning is so easy just at the click of our finger tips.

Thank you to all behind this, providing all the wonderful information.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 04:41:24 PM »
Thank you Namdrol for putting this amazing holy picture up on this forum. I have downloaded it and am grateful to you. Now I can picture  Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche sitting this throne at this site giving the 24 days discourse of the graduated path or Lamrim every time I read and contemplate on the topics and headings of The Liberation In The Palm Of Your Hand.

Manjushri

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 04:08:24 PM »
Dear Namdrol,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for this picture. What a blessed and sacred picture of a spot so holy. Thai monk made a great comment, in that "If Je Pabongka spoke of the Lam Rim there, it should be equal to Bodhgaya, the place of Lord Buddha's enlightenmnent." The Lamrim is one's guide on the path to enlightenment, so if it is relied upon to bring one to enlightenment, then it holds such significance as well. So this is the root where it all happened. Exciting!

So many practitioners today base their learnings and practise from the book Liberation in the Palm of your Hands, that was compiled by Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche from the oral discourse that was given by Pabongkha Rinpoche. To think that at first Pabongkha Rinpoche was not "the brightest of students", and eventually being able to give such a historical discourse, goes to show how we always use our judgements to judge others, instead of helping them. Luckily Pabongkha Rinpoche's guru had him meditate in the cave after giving him short teachings of the lamrim, otherwise, we would not have this great text with us today.

pgdharma

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM »
Thank you, Namdrol for sharing this photo. Just by looking at the photo is a blessing. This is a very holy site and I hope one day I will have the merits to visit this sacred place. Not only is the great Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche sitting on that throne giving a 24 days discourse, but the great Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche was also in the audience.

I agree with Thaimonk that this forum isn't just a debate space about Dalai Lama vs Shugden. In fact the topics discussed here are so wide that one can gain much information.

vajrastorm

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 08:08:11 AM »
Wow! Thank you Namdrol for this incredibly sacred picture of the historical site where the great legendary Master Pabongka Rinpoche gave the very famous 24-day teaching on the Lamrim. His heart disciple, the illustrious teacher of teachers Trijang Rinpoche, was also present and it was Trijang Rinpoche who , following Pabongka Rinpoche's instructions, transcribed the teachings into the now classic text which has been translated into English and other languages, Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand.

So now as we study this great text, we can visualize the place where the original teachings were conducted! It would be even lovelier to visit that site and imagine Pabongka Rinpoche giving teachings from his throne to thousands over the 24 days! That was in the year 1912. Just looking again at Liberation, I find the following words of Pabongka Rinpoche on Impermanence very 'apocalyptic': "In a mere hundred years from now, this assembly in front of me will be dead". Yes, all have passed away including the great Masters. But Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand and other great teachings remain. It is for us to ensure that these great lineage teachings endure.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 12:00:59 AM »
Heya Namdrol!

This is indeed auspicious just to be able to get a glimpse of the holy spot where our Buddhist Bibile, Liberation in the Palm of your Hand!

This is our Mount Sinai in Tibet! I wonder if Namdrol has got a travel guide on how to gain access to this place as Namdrol's been there.

mind sharing?
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

happysun

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 11:13:07 AM »
Wah, it is so wonderful can see the place which Pabangka Rinpoche gave Lamrim on 1921. If I am so lucky I will like to go this place offer a khata to get blessing. Hopefully this will gain more wisdom to understand the Lamrim teaching by offer a khata.   

Thank you for sharing this picture, it is so bless even only see in the picture.