Author Topic: DS Practitioners Blessed with Conducive Conditions?  (Read 11342 times)

Zach

Re: DS Practitioners Blessed with Conducive Conditions?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 12:45:46 PM »
It is besides the point people should always check the Lamrim and remember Buddha's advise to not simply believe some one is something or something is true simply because it is repeated by alot of people.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 07:34:47 AM »
If the Dalai Lama did not implement the ban, we would have not see that Trijang Rinpoche does not depend on the CTA, his monastery or his ladrang to be able to benefit others. We would not have seen that Kundeling Rinpoche is a smart and sassy Lama whose logic and sharpness matches that of a high Lama. We would not have seen Gangchen Rinpoche hold on to his healing principles and became a peace ambassador and neither would we be able to see Geshe Keslang Gyatso's wisdom and experience in the teachings. I always believe that things happen for a reason and that there is alway something good from it.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 09:28:10 PM »
Without the hardship that all these high lamas ave to go through just to practice Dorje Shugden, keeping their strong faith and has never given up no matter what. I think that we would not be able to have these Dharma knowledge together with a few Dorje Shugden books being written out just to benefit and educate the general public.

Without the lamas and their students working so hard, many of these precious teachings would not have been recorded because of the negative karma that the lamas and their students would have to help in the purification of the pond.

Since everything works based on Karma and has a reason for things to be done, without some people to suffer and help purify the rest of our karma, we would never think that we are able to do greater things and believe in a good cause.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2013, 01:59:40 AM »
Without the hardship that all these high lamas ave to go through just to practice Dorje Shugden, keeping their strong faith and has never given up no matter what. I think that we would not be able to have these Dharma knowledge together with a few Dorje Shugden books being written out just to benefit and educate the general public.

Without the lamas and their students working so hard, many of these precious teachings would not have been recorded because of the negative karma that the lamas and their students would have to help in the purification of the pond.

Since everything works based on Karma and has a reason for things to be done, without some people to suffer and help purify the rest of our karma, we would never think that we are able to do greater things and believe in a good cause.

I feel that most Dorje Shugden Lamas actually focus a lot more on Dharma rather than on Dorje Shugden himself because Dorje Shugden's actual practice is developing bodhicitta and applying the Buddha's teachings and nothing  more. And although there is a 'ban' on his practice, it does not affect his practitioners that much on a mental level after all because his practice is all about stability and applying the Dharma. And such conditions of the ban are more than perfect for any Dharma practitioner to further their Dharma practice, although there is much collateral damage.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2013, 02:42:21 AM »
Well, since we are all in samsara, we have conditions which may appear unusual, but may really help us with the inner wealth of dharma.  After all, if Atisha hadn't been around his cook, how would he have practiced lojong?
  If the Dalai Lama hadn't done me the favor of choosing the Chinese Karmapa, I personally wouldn't have started completely ignoring the Dalai lama as soon as I did...
  Then, when he also interfered with Dorje Shugden, I might have gotten concerned about what he thought.
  The Dalai Lama might be a Buddha teaching in reverse, I sometimes think, because otherwise I wouldn't have so many people constantly interfering with my religion, so I wouldn't have realized I needed Dorje Shugden's help; the Dalai Lama must cause a lot of people to go for deep refuge to Dorje Shugden....
 However, we could have even better conditions and it would be helpful for this ban to end.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2013, 08:43:12 PM »
To me, I think that the Dalai Lama is indeed Chenrizig. The reason for him to put a ban on Dorje Shugden is to help it spread further and faster.

There are so many sufferings for Shugden practitioners because through these sufferings they are helping to clear the karma of those who might meet Dorje Shugden. Hence, we suffer because we absorb the negative karma of others, and we want to do so, to help those ithout religious stand and might be lost.

Everything is about the karma. Hence the current Shugden practitioners have the karma to help clear the Karma, in preparation of those who will be able to meet dharma in the future. Thus, why they are suffering.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 01:20:54 AM »
Well, since we are all in samsara, we have conditions which may appear unusual, but may really help us with the inner wealth of dharma.  After all, if Atisha hadn't been around his cook, how would he have practiced lojong?
  If the Dalai Lama hadn't done me the favor of choosing the Chinese Karmapa, I personally wouldn't have started completely ignoring the Dalai lama as soon as I did...
  Then, when he also interfered with Dorje Shugden, I might have gotten concerned about what he thought.
  The Dalai Lama might be a Buddha teaching in reverse, I sometimes think, because otherwise I wouldn't have so many people constantly interfering with my religion, so I wouldn't have realized I needed Dorje Shugden's help; the Dalai Lama must cause a lot of people to go for deep refuge to Dorje Shugden....
 However, we could have even better conditions and it would be helpful for this ban to end.

The Dalai Lama's ban on Dorje Shugden personally makes me feel that he does indeed have something else up his sleeve because as you have said, it encouraged many people to think and rethink their stance on their Dharma practice as well as on Dorje Shugden. But, at the same time, there are many casualties from the ban as well so I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing altogether. The ban cannot go on forever, and that is for sure as it undermines Tibetan Buddhism as a whole if it was held for long term.