Author Topic: Poll on Dorje Shuggen  (Read 8959 times)

Positive Change

Poll on Dorje Shuggen
« on: March 02, 2012, 07:20:44 AM »
There are so many of us here that share and read the forum, it would be interesting to know where each of you stand. I am merely curious and have laid out some very simple options. Do vote and share your thoughts on this. Thank you!

hope rainbow

Re: Poll on Dorje Shuggen
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 08:12:51 AM »
I voted option 1. because he has helped me in this life.
Though I must add to that, because many other people have helped me in many ways, in fact, so many people have helped me, even people that I never met and do not even know that I am here in this world.
So why do i practice Dorje Shugden, I'll add more reasons:

1. Dorje Shugden is the Buddha that I have strongest (karmic) affinity with, everything in my life points that direction, so it is the most opportune Buddha for me to practice. From the first day I saw an image of Budddha Manjushri I knew we were "family", I knew this was a friend. Dorje Shugden is no other than Manjushri emanating in the most suitable way for my mind now.

2. Knowing that, even intellectually only, I must be plain stupid to not practice, not nurture this relationship and put worldly things as more important.

3. Many other beings have helped, me and many many many sentient beings have helped me, but none can help at the level Dorje Shugden can help. When I rely on Dorje Shugden, it is not only that I get help, it creates causes for other sentient beings to establish an affinity, a connection, a karma for them to receive help also, spriritual help. I have a very nice dentist and he has helped me, but I won't call him the day my mother dies, what help would he be then? But when I establish a clean affinity with dorje Shugden, I know my mother will be fine eventually.

4. the controversy is a golden avenue flanked with trees of merits growing, blossoming. The skillful ways of the Buddhas in actions, Manjushri and Chenrezig and their enlightened entourages are simply mind-blowing! This ban is a perfect way for many many many people to connect to. When I see such skillful ways, it makes my faith in Dorje Shugden and in the Dalai lama stronger.

triesa

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 03:59:32 PM »

4. the controversy is a golden avenue flanked with trees of merits growing, blossoming. The skillful ways of the Buddhas in actions, Manjushri and Chenrezig and their enlightened entourages are simply mind-blowing! This ban is a perfect way for many many many people to connect to. When I see such skillful ways, it makes my faith in Dorje Shugden and in the Dalai lama stronger.

I voted for 1.

I mean each one of us who have talked passionately about Dorje shugden here at the forum, our lives must have been touched and helped one way or another, or else we would be standing at the anti-shugden camp.

Mine was more of a slow purification of karma, whereby I learnt to accept reality, to forgive and to let go. It is a process during which I found I have more tolerance of others and of situations, (I used to be a very impatient person) and I can let go much more easily than before. Of course, I have also received the devine help from Dorje Shugden in easing out my obstacles, which in the eyes of many, were difficult to overcome.

Back to  what HopeRainbow pointed out, to be able to SEE the skillful ways of Manjushri and Chenrezig working hand in hand promoting the Tsongkhapa lineage, require much merits in oneself. Many would just perceive the situation by our limited and deluded minds. We are all at the same level, much delusion in our crowded heads. To overcome this, the best way is to rely on the words and advice of highly attained lamas such as HE Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche who had forseen there would seem to be a conflict between Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden in the future and advised in advance to his disciples that we should not loose faith in either one. While I am not attained at any level, I would choose to listen to the golden words from Trijang Rinpoche.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 04:31:43 PM »
I voted for 1 because he helped me to repair my samaya with my lama.

I was told to move out from my parents place by my Lama and when I was looking for a room, I couldn't find any suitable ones, or those within my budget was quickly snapped up. This went on for 2 months with completely no luck at all. A Dharma brother told me to rely on Dorje Shugden, that he will help me so I did because I was really desperate to repair my samaya. I also made a promise alongside with that, that I will do Guru Puja once a week. And mysteriously, one week after I did, a perfect room surfaced and I have been staying there since. It was 8 months ago.

However, every single time i forgot to do the Guru Yoga, circumstances will be such that I had to move back to my parents' place. First incident was when i forgot, on the week itself i had a minor accident and I had to move back to my parents place due to lack of public transport at that area. The second time i forgot caused me to have to go through a course of chinese medicine that lasted for 2 months, where the herbs had to be boiled twice a day. After that, no matter what happens I would never forget my commitment to my protector.

So it was a very important lesson for me as well. And needless to say I do need his assistance to help me purify some very heavy negative habituations in my mind and he has helped and now I can do more Dharma work that I ever could, could let go more for Dharma than I could before. It's just something that I am very happy with and this cemented my faith in my protector.

I did get results and it was very quick and there is obvious improvement that i can see and feel and so can others. If I had never met the protector, I do not think I would have much improvement in my spiritual path or can ever repair my broken promises to my kind Lama which I don't think I can do on my own without his help. I am a very emotionally and mentally weak person and I require a lot of support from others…and the protector has helped me grow a little.

That is why I am very passionate to talk and share about our protector because he truly is a Buddha and he is effective and he is very quick and he does deliver when we need his help. People need him at this time and age.

lotus1

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 07:29:38 PM »
I voted 1.
This is because :
1. Dorje Shugden helps me to create a closer connection with my Guru. I have more chances to meet with my Guru. I received more and more direct teachings from my Guru.
2. Dorje Shugden helps me to clear a lot of obstacle in my spiritual journey to learn and practise Dharma. Even though I am very busy with my work, family and other areas of my life, I am still always able to get to find time and opportunity to do my practise and to listen to teachings. He really helps me in my practise.
Thank you Dorje Shugden and I hope the ban will be lifed and more people can be benefited.

Gypsy

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 03:22:40 AM »
I voted for 1.

Reason being i wasn't a religious person or don't even talk about spirituality to me, i was not receptive and quite resist in anything to do with religion, i just thought these people are too superstitious, why pray to a God or beings that "non exist"? I have such a high ego that i only believe in myself, only myself can solve my problems.

Until one day a friend introduced me Dorje Shugden, he talked about ds lineage, background and how ds helps people in their difficulties. To my surprise, i was very interested in everything about ds, probably because this practise is controversial yet ds is really powerful and he has been helping a lot of people gone through their difficulties on many levels.

Since i start practice ds, I've found myself became more "tamed", i can face myself, i try to cut down my ego, i forgive people easily and i do not get angry that often. Whenever i come across problem that i couldn't solve, ds is the only one that i seek for guidance and he often shows me signs that really help me during my downs. Every single time i fall, i sure learnt something from that bad experience and i get some realizations. I believe without ds help, now i wouldn't be a happier person who can let go things this easily. To be able to practice ds is the biggest precious gift in my life. Thank you DS!

pgdharma

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 04:25:27 AM »
Option 1 is my choice.

My faith for him gets stronger and stronger after I read up articles from this website and I propitiate him consistently. Dorje Shugden has helped me to clear many of my worldly obstacles so now I have the opportunity to pursue and concentrate more on my spiritual path. My mind is also more focus and stable and my understanding of dharma is better.  I have introduced Dorje Shugden to my family and they too have received blessings from Dorje Shugden. My whole family is very grateful for the blessings and protection that Dorje Shugden has given us. Thank you Dorje Shugden. I hope  the ban will be lifted soon so that more people can receive blessings and help from Dorje Shugden as I and my family did. I also would like to thank the people behind this website for all the priceless  information  here that get me connected to Dorje Shugden. :)

Carpenter

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 07:54:15 AM »
I voted 1 simply because that Dorje Shugden has given a huge impact to my life, I have been living my life meaninglessly for the past 30 years, consistently going to drink and hanging around until very late at night then only go home. I have been very proud and enjoy my lifestyle. Until I ‘met’ Dorje Shugden, it totally changed my life, he gave me a brand new perspective to look at my life.

Dorje Shugden saved my family before, during the critical moment, when I am very panic of don’t know what to do, first time in my life I chanted a Buddha’s mantra, and it is Dorje Shugden’s mantra. Today, I have totally realized that how useless I am previously, how meaningless my life has been. I would not say I’m very great now or anything like this, but I’m very sure that my life now is totally changed and I like what I’m doing now.

Not only that, until today, I’ve seen Dorje Shugden helped many people and released them from suffering / difficulties, if he is what he has been claimed, “a spirit”, I would not believe, because a spirit would not help me and the many people out there. A spirit will bring us to a more degenerated life, a spirit will bring us far away from Dharma. But what have Dorje Shugden done? I’m sure many of you has witness yourself.

Hence, I sincerely and looking forwardly for Dorje Shugden to be lifted from the BAN, because with that way, Dorje Shugden can help even more people, as he can work in a much bigger scale.

icy

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 09:39:01 AM »
I vote 1. 

I have been practising Dorje Shugden for nearly a decade.  I have always relied on him from anything mundane to spiritual matters.  My life would certainly be most incomplete and unfulfilling without Dorje Shugden.   I first met Dorje Shugden through trance by the late Kuten Lama in Gaden Monastery.  He gave me advice to read and practise the Lam Rim and especially on the topic 'Karma'.  I also learn to purify my samaya with my Guru through DS.  He made my living conditions more and more conducive for Dharma practice and to be near to my Guru to serve more people through him.

Tenzin K

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 12:51:38 PM »
Voted 1.

The very first experience seeing how Lord Shugden helps me was during my loved on in the hospital. I was told by the doctor that she only has 2 weeks to live. Whatever option suggested by the doctor has less than 10% successful rate in fact the risk was extremely high. Being hopeless and not knowing what else can be done, the only thing come into my mind was Lord Shugden.

I do the prayer every day and night and offer golden drink even in the hospital.
Miracle comes into the picture when my loved one condition was turning positive after 2 weeks. Doctor unable to tell the outcome but just said that miracle happened.
During my prayer I always visualize the Guru and Lord Shugden as one and I always feel this is very important by believing our Guru is just the same as the Buddha and has all the qualities of the enlightened one.   

This was one of the great experience I faced and I believe there are a lot more people can tell of the greatness outcome of the practice.

The ban has to be lifted in order more and more people would able to gain the benefit.

Tenzin Malgyur

Re: Poll on Dorje Shugden
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 05:39:34 PM »
I voted for number 1. Its because I believe Dorje Shugden have been guiding me towards him before I even came to know him. All I ever heard of from people I asked were negative comments. But one day, when I did a Google search on Lama Tsongkhapa's image, many images of Dorje Shugden also appeared on the same page. A non Dorje Shugden believer recommended your website to me. It is from your web site that I learn so much and that I can do the practice and I don't need to go through any initiation. I then downloaded the prayer and I have been doing the mantra and prayers. I hope in the very near future when the ban is lifted, everyone can do DS prayers in dharma centres openly. Thank you so much for your website, it has helped me tremendously.

Aurore

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 06:34:53 PM »
Dorje Shugden has helped me with during the darkest hour of my life. This includes the usual worries of everyday life due to attachments. That was initially why I first turned to DS for help. Then later, when I came to know more and more about the teachings of Buddha, I understand more and more that everything that happened to me is due to my negative karma. Eventually, it got me interested more in Buddhism and the holy Dharma. With studies alone, it would be very slow to gain Boddhicitta and not to mention Enlightenment. That is when I prayed to DS to guide me towards meeting a Lama.

In other words, DS has helped me in every stage of my life. He will do the same for everyone else regardless their background, past histories and baggages. I would never say my life was meaningless before because the meaningless part brought me to DS. This is what DS can do for many.

Barzin

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 07:14:03 PM »
Definitely No.1.

I remembered I just got to know Dorje Shugden just not long ago.  Therefore whatever I am about to say is still fresh and very clear in my mind.  This happened when I stumble upon this website and began to read up more about this particular deity and found out about the ban.  So i read up more and more and I got attracted to how Dorje Shugden looked. I downloaded Dorje Shugden's picture and the prayers and started doing his practice because through knowledge, I learned that he is not the demon as His Holiness claimed to be.  Why Dorje Shugden you may ask.  Because my mum is suffering from cancer and it was at a critical stage and I would try anything I can to hoping for miracle as the doctor said the chances are quite small.

My mum was a Christian and it is not that she does not believe in Buddha or anything but she was Christian since young so her faith was very strong.  Even she got so desperate she is willing to do anything.  I asked her to do Dorje Shugden practice, i prayed for Dorje Shugden for my mum's health.   

I clearly remembered how she gradually improved overtime.  Even the doctor could not understand what happened...  her cancer cells just reduced by the day...  She did not drastically recovered, but over time ... things just improve.  Herself can't even believe the drastic improvement. 

That was just one case, i have experiences that were unexplainable.  I started to feel things are better around, and the best of all.  It made my dharma practices smoother, less obstacles to practice dharma.  That just showed that Dorje Shugden is definitely the protector of this time because he revolves around our attachments and how he helped us and connect us to dharma is simply just amazing.

thor

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 08:32:09 PM »
I voted for #1. But only because its the closest to the real reason I am practicing Dorje Shugden. You've missed out a very important option... which is "because my guru gave it to me."

Yes Dorje Shugden has helped countless people. The answers of this poll certainly reflect that, with more than 80% voting for option 1. There is plenty of proof of his help, whether we speak to our dharma friends or look online eg http://www.dorjeshugden.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=8

However, if we are all practicing Dorje Shugden just to get help, then why not switch to Mahakala or Palden Lhamo or Kalarupa when the ban came about? All are protectors, all can extend their help to resolve our daily affairs, big and small. Why bother to get into this whole fuss and mess with the controversy around Dorje Shugden's practice? Why be ostracised by the community at large? There wouldnt be a controversy cos people would just switch. And Dharma protectors dont need your loyalty.

It doesnt make sense if it is just to get help.

Personally, I practice Dorje Shugden because I received this practice from my Lama, and he has told me to hold it close and well. To do the short prayer and various mantras daily. To make offerings and visualisations. So I do it and I keep doing it. If my lama has told me to propitiate Namtose or Mahakala, I would too. Since he has told me to practice Shugden, I do it, and I visualise my Lama to be one with him. 

Most of the articles I read about the controversy stress strongly on Guru devotion as being the main reason why there is a huge divide down the middle of the Tibetan camp. The masses follow the Dalai Lama as they consider him to be their guru or spiritual guide, or they do not want to go against the flow.

Then there are those who firmly stand by their Gurus and carry out their instructions and uphold the practices given to them no matter what. That is the real reason they practice Dorje Shugden. Not for help or peace or anything else.

Klein

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 06:16:07 AM »
I voted for Option 1.

Dorje Shugden has helped me in the following ways. However, my experiences tell me that I have to do my part in putting in the effort, then Dorje Shugden will seal the deal:

1. I used to have many spirit encounters. It became so bad that wherever I went, they'd come to me. I was like the light to moths.  There were times that I had physic attacks. They'd even disturb me when I sleep. My teacher gave me a blessed pic of Dorje Shugden and the spirits became less aggressive. Later on, I was given the practice of Dorje Shudgen and I don't see any spirits ever since.

2.  I raise funds for my Buddhist centre. There were times when the funds were running short. So I'd go out and ask for donations and do some fund raising events. Somehow somewhere, whatever resources I need will surface. I attribute that to Dorje Shugden's divine help.