Author Topic: It is really taking off!!!  (Read 13270 times)

Mana

It is really taking off!!!
« on: March 04, 2012, 04:49:43 PM »
We have been informed the Dorje Shugden graphics novel (comic) has gained great popularity among the many Shugden practitioners in the USA. It is in great demand both in the USA and in the Shugden Monasteries of India and Tibet.

Many are purchasing and downloading the graphics novel. Even those who are not practicing or against Shugden are curious and wish to see the graphics novel. Practitioners are very happy to have an illustrated book to share and explain how Dorje Shugden came to be. It is a clear and concise novel in full color. The graphic novel is suitable for all ages!

We at the website are very happy for this information as we put quite alot of efforts and resources into the development of this graphics novel on Shugden. We are very proud of this comic book as it contributes to the growth of Dorje Shugden.

Graphic Novel:  http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/books.html  or http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=9832/

(We have already distributed over 10,000 copies of the Shugden Graphics Novel all around the world so far. We will continue. The unethical ban must be dissolved.)

(Below is a picture of Ven Zawa Rinpoche who resides in Canada happily holding the graphics novel sharing it with his young student. This picture was sent to us by friends.)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 05:29:02 PM by Mana »

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
Re: It is really taking off!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 10:30:41 AM »
The Dorje Shugden Comic Novel is a brilliant way of introducing the story of the Protector and explaining the origins of this Buddha. I was really pleasantly surprised to see it when I was visiting some friends in Melbourne, Australia. What pleased me very much was how this group of friends who were not in the least inclined to studying about religion was actually able to tell the Shugden story perfectly and a few have since become regular visitors to this forum.

Dorje Shugden's story is so unique and compelling but have been corrupted by untruths. Having this Comic gets the truth across in an entertaining way, introduces Dorje Shugden to people of all ages so that they can come to be blessed by its practice.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 11:43:48 AM »
Cracked me up it did to see the photo on Rinpoches wall...what a joker hahaha well at least now we know clearly who he is affliated with in this ban! ;) did you guys see on his wall, someone asked where they can get the comic from and if Zawa Rinpoche cannot tell them, then theyll ask Gonsar Rinpoche? Hahaha and Zawa Rinpoche says hell send them a copy... funny stuff, nice to know this website has support from all practitioners!

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 12:40:02 PM »
When my eyes first caught sight of this, my heart simply melted into bits. Not only with the fact that HE Zawa Rinpoche has gotten access to these beautiful pieces of art which has illustrated the beautiful life of our sacred protector, Dorje Shugden but has also educated the younger generation with it.

This reminds us how important it is to be able to share the teachings with our kids and young ones because it will nurture them into the future so that they will be safe from both ends. In their secular life, they will have a source of guidance - Dorje Shugden and in their spiritual life, they will have Dorje Shugden as their spiritual guide as well.

It is good stuff man because even in the comic itself, the story sparks off with a monk talking to a boy who is lost. These stories are real and is now coming to life!

thank you dorjeshugden.com peeps!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Tammy

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 01:37:09 PM »
What's best in cartons / comics is that - they are easily understood and welcome by all ages!

I LOVE cartons and comics since young, in fact, almost all my general knowledge were obtained by reading children's books with loads of illustration and pictures. Hence it is no surprise that the DS comics book is well sort after and well distributed! Kudos to whoever came out with the brilliant idea!

This comic should be given to young children as part of their reading materials! So they grow up with DS :)
Down with the BAN!!!

ilikeshugden

• Email
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 01:54:02 PM »
The graphic novel is a very good way to spread the lineage of Dorje Shugden as it provides its readers an entrance into the history of Tibet and Dorje Shugden. In the graphic novel, the world introduced by the artist and the writer imprints the image of Dorje Shugden within the mind stream of those who read it or even see the front cover. This graphic novel will benefit many others. I am very happy that many people are being touched by the graphic novels. May it benefit many more people!

pgdharma

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 01:54:55 PM »
Not only is Dorje Shugden graphic novel popular in India, Tibet or USA it has also found its way to Canada into the hands of Ven Zawa Rinpoche.  :)

The graphic novel is a great way to introduce Dorje Shugden to newbies of all ages. It explained about the truth of Dorje Shugden in a clear, concise and interesting way. It will appeal even to the kids.

Kudos again to the brilliant hardworking team for always finding new ways to spread Dorje Shugden to the world.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 02:27:30 PM »
I must agree that the Dorje Shugden comic book is very popular amongst practitioners all over the world. Now we see a picture of Zawa Rinpoche sharing it with his student. It shows that the comics is endorsed by him and was posted all over his Facebook page. I'm sure there are more Rinpoches or lamas who likes the book and would share with their students. It also means that the information in the book is genuine. Not just a fable.

I personally has a friend in the UK who bought 15 copies of the comics. He says he wants to give them to his friends and also to donate to the library at his Buddhist centre. Rejoice in hearing such great news!

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 02:49:04 PM »
The comic book is a brilliant idea. It is not only colorful and attracts one to browse it, the information in it is also simple and easy to understand. It will surely capture the attention of young people who may not have the inclination to read a dharma book filled with holy words. The story line also begins with a scene so familiar to us. From there on, the facts are laid out to the reader in an easy to digest way. I will surely like to purchase some copies to be given to some young people. May more people everywhere will gain access to this comic and be guided by the true facts.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 02:50:15 PM »
Best of all, the graphic novel's main "storyline" is based on Zong Rinpoche's teaching on Dorje Shugden, so it is from a valid source. If you check Zong Rinpoche's account on Dorje Shugden here http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=11618 you will find that the graphic novel is a very accurate account of it, from every detail. This is also what makes the graphic novel so special.

When it is in the form of a graphic novel, his biography becomes clearer and easier to understand when compared to text as people are more receptive towards imagery compared to words. This is why the graphic novel is a very powerful way to help spread awareness on Dorje Shugden. It should be distributed at more places as everybody can understand the pictures, if not the words.

Dorje Shugden's biography is very relevant to many people today as it is not very often that we get a story of a Dharma protector that arose from someone who was murdered out of jealousy…there are many people these days who can relate to that as many people often fall victim to unhappy situations due to the jealousy of others. And despite that Dorje Shugden rose to a Buddha and this will inspire a lot of people.

Besides, there are so many horror movies these days with the same theme where the main character was killed out of jealousy and then comes back as a ghost for revenge, this story is a Buddhist version of those stories and provides a refreshing view of how the outcome would be: instead of seeking revenge, the main character benefits others...

Tenzin K

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 04:52:06 PM »
Interesting! Lord Shugden graphic novel spreading all over the world and the most fascinating new is even kids are grabbing one. For the practitioners it’s a blessing to have a graphic visual that make the story more easily to understand.

The non-practitioners it makes them learn more with the interesting colourful graphic novel. This will indirectly educate these people to know who this great protector is. Wonderful!
The passions of the devoted people that come up with this novel are extremely great! Always produce interesting material to promote Lord Shugden and it benefits a lot of people.

Hope to see more interesting stuff.
Great work!

Big Uncle

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 05:12:11 PM »
It is nice to see that the comic is in the hands of Tulkus like Zawa Tulku Rinpoche. He must be reading this website and forum too. With more and more people having access to such eye-opening 'literature' that doesn't talk about the ban in any way, it makes Dorje Shugden more and more credible and accessible. That's just wonderful.

I am sure such accessible literature would contribute towards people's understanding of the Dorje Shugden's history and background better. The world needs more accessible literature that brings to life, Dorje Shugden's story. Literature for and against the ban is passe now. It is time for people to find out the truth of Dorje Shugden. The time for the ban to uplift Dorje Shugden has past. It is time to proliferate who and what he is about and to encourage towards having faith in him.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 05:50:35 PM »
This is a really warm picture of Zawa Tulku Rinpoche, he is so warm and kind thats the energy he exudes in abundance. And it shows people are people in the sense that they know what is good for them, dorje shugden is definitely beneficial for them Zawa Tulku Rinpoche on his facebook gave a translation of the video of Chatring monastery for the benefit of others. As more dorje shugden spreads it will create more chinks in CTA's armour. 

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 03:57:40 AM »
I am one of the proud owners of the Dorje Shugden graphic novel, and I attest to this great animated book. I love the front cover, back cover, the quality of the paper and printing, and most of all the storyline.

It is so handy to carry in my briefcase and I share it with colleagues at work and friends at parties and most of these people were in awe of the aforesaid.

Before I bought this copy, I had downloaded it but nothing beats the real copy and it only costs $8.00! What a steal!

http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/books.htmlhttp://shop.dorjeshugden.com/books.html

bambi

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 04:11:49 AM »
Rejoice! All your hard work for the purpose of benefitting people around the world are now spreading! How Wonderful! I am very sure many of us who are on this website owns a copy each. As for me, I downloaded into my PC so I can carry around and show friends when I have the chance. I also email and print copies to people who are not familiar so that they can read up and understand the ban rather than hearing it through the grapevine. Love the colors and animation! KUDOS!