Author Topic: FPMT contacts HE Denma Locho Rinpoche for their Guru....  (Read 10650 times)

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
FPMT contacts HE Denma Locho Rinpoche for their Guru....
« on: March 10, 2012, 12:48:32 AM »
Hi All,

I found this article interestingly posted just yesterday. Do take time to read.

March 8th 2012

Dear Friends,

Ven Roger recently checked with Ven. Denma Locho Rinpoche whether there was anything FPMT centers, projects and services and students can do to help with Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s quick recovery. Denma Locho Rinpoche kindly advised a few pujas, which we are arranging now, and then gave the following advice:

"The students and centers really need to work according to Rinpoche's wishes. Whatever Rinpoche has advised for the them to do, it’s important to follow Rinpoche’s advice. The main thing is that everyone in the organization should really strive to fulfill Rinpoche’s advice.

In order to be harmonious, generally, you should not look for any faults in others, but look for the positive, the inner qualities. Thinking negatively like, "He is bad, she is bad", will not lead to harmony. Try to see the qualities in others and try to work harmoniously.

Recite the prayer Losang gyal tan ma - The Prayer for the Flourishing of Je Tsongkhapa’s Teachings - well [for links to the prayer see below]. Please recite it well. If students can do that, that’s really great.

But the most important thing is not looking at each others’ faults but looking at the qualities of others.

Then, whatever responsibility you have in the center [project or service], do the work from your heart, put all your energy into that, take the difficulties/hardships upon yourself and do the work wholeheartedly. If the work is done well, this will benefit the teachings of the Buddha, and also it will bring about happiness and joy to all sentient beings."

Link: http://www.fpmt.org/teachers/zopa/rinpoches-health-updates-and-practices/926-advice-for-rinpoches-quick-recovery.html

___________________________________________________________________________________

His Eminence Denma Locho Rinpoche is a living Buddha by no doubt and not even a single ounce of question in my mind. A few years back HE was requested to go to Taiwan to give some teachings at the invitation of Serkong Tritul Rinpoche and his Kadhamapa Organization. A lot of funds were offered to locho Rinpoche and these funds were used to build the HUGE prayer complex of Drepung monastery.

After the fiasco of slander and so on from the TGIE back then, Locho Rinpoche was SIDELINED and not given due respect as a KENSUR of Namgyal Dratsang and even in his own monastery which HE raised so much funds for!!! Can u guys imagine the impact he had went through? Oh my SHUGDEN, when I heard the news, I fell into a rage fit and teared. We are talking about a JEWEL of Drepung from which hundreds, if not thousands of Rinpoches, Geshes and monks were taught by this holy master.

Now we have FPMT, which is an established organization, on the side of HHDL, seeking divinations and advise from HE Denma Locho Rinpoche for the long life and well being of Lama Zopa Rinpoche.....Why side line a high master and now go to Him for divinations? We all know the other camp is just in favor of what the Dalai Lama says but why now go to a supposedly 'shugden lama' for advise?

In my mind, heart and soul, I will only embrace Shugden, all Lamas in order to transform, meditate and help my Lamas to heal the world. Not make further damage with the Dharma that I have.

peace!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

dsiluvu

Re: FPMT contacts HE Denma Locho Rinpoche for their Guru....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 02:51:12 PM »
"The students and centers really need to work according to Rinpoche's wishes. Whatever Rinpoche has advised for the them to do, it’s important to follow Rinpoche’s advice. The main thing is that everyone in the organization should really strive to fulfill Rinpoche’s advice.

In order to be harmonious, generally, you should not look for any faults in others, but look for the positive, the inner qualities. Thinking negatively like, "He is bad, she is bad", will not lead to harmony. Try to see the qualities in others and try to work harmoniously.

But the most important thing is not looking at each others’ faults but looking at the qualities of others.

Then, whatever responsibility you have in the center [project or service], do the work from your heart, put all your energy into that, take the difficulties/hardships upon yourself and do the work wholeheartedly. If the work is done well, this will benefit the teachings of the Buddha, and also it will bring about happiness and joy to all sentient beings."

Why side line a high master and now go to Him for divinations? We all know the other camp is just in favor of what the Dalai Lama says but why now go to a supposedly 'shugden lama' for advise?

In my mind, heart and soul, I will only embrace Shugden, all Lamas in order to transform, meditate and help my Lamas to heal the world. Not make further damage with the Dharma that I have.

peace!

Well said Harry!

Very true why would you go to a Lama who practices Shugden? Isn't He suppose to be evil and bad? Why trust Denma Locho's advise? I am sure Ven Roger is a loyal, sincere and faithful student of Lama Zopa and I think He must have realise something.

Wise words of advice from a true Lama on being harmonious with everyone! I do hope all students of Lama Zopa will come to this realisation and watch their speech and actions, all that bad mouthing about other centres and Lamas who practice Dorje Shugden is not very Buddhist or Dharmic and does have karmic consequences. If you don't practice DS, it's ok but don't discriminate and judge others especially other Lamas/centres, you will never know who you are slandering... Also that is already breaking the simplest of vows - the refuge vows which is causing slandering sangha and causing schism within the sangha. There are repercussions to this and it is said to be equivalent to drawing blood from the Buddha. So if they were smart they'd quietly do their practice and stop being slandering Shugden practitioners.

Denma Locho Rinpoche fell from grace of the Dalai Lama's favour because he went to Taiwan to Serkong Tritul Rinpoche's centre and was photographed with their members. Tritul Rinpoche has been banned by Tibetan Govt and expelled from Gaden Jangtze where he is from. Any associations with Serkong Tritul Rinpoche is very 'dangerous' in relations to the Tibetan Govt. If you associate with Serkong Tritul or his centre (due to a few factors of which one is their Shugden practice), you will be watched, suspected and eventually confirmed to have Shugden ties. How ridiculous... may the silly undemocratic ban be lifted soon!

triesa

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 04:37:59 AM »
Hi All,

March 8th 2012

Dear Friends,

Ven Roger recently checked with Ven. Denma Locho Rinpoche whether there was anything FPMT centers, projects and services and students can do to help with Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s quick recovery. Denma Locho Rinpoche kindly advised a few pujas, which we are arranging now, and then gave the following advice:

Recite the prayer Losang gyal tan ma - The Prayer for the Flourishing of Je Tsongkhapa’s Teachings - well [for links to the prayer see below]. Please recite it well. If students can do that, that’s really great.

Link: http://www.fpmt.org/teachers/zopa/rinpoches-health-updates-and-practices/926-advice-for-rinpoches-quick-recovery.html

___________________________________________________________________________________

His Eminence Denma Locho Rinpoche is a living Buddha by no doubt and not even a single ounce of question in my mind. A few years back HE was requested to go to Taiwan to give some teachings at the invitation of Serkong Tritul Rinpoche and his Kadhamapa Organization. A lot of funds were offered to locho Rinpoche and these funds were used to build the HUGE prayer complex of Drepung monastery.

After the fiasco of slander and so on from the TGIE back then, Locho Rinpoche was SIDELINED and not given due respect as a KENSUR of Namgyal Dratsang and even in his own monastery which HE raised so much funds for!!! Can u guys imagine the impact he had went through? Oh my SHUGDEN, when I heard the news, I fell into a rage fit and teared. We are talking about a JEWEL of Drepung from which hundreds, if not thousands of Rinpoches, Geshes and monks were taught by this holy master.

Now we have FPMT, which is an established organization, on the side of HHDL, seeking divinations and advise from HE Denma Locho Rinpoche for the long life and well being of Lama Zopa Rinpoche.....Why side line a high master and now go to Him for divinations? We all know the other camp is just in favor of what the Dalai Lama says but why now go to a supposedly 'shugden lama' for advise?

peace!

Yes, this article was posted in FPMT website last week. I particularly like what HE Denma Locho said with regards to working harmoniously with others by looking at their inner good qualities rather than always looking for negativities and thinking he is bad or she is bad.

The advice from all these high and attained lamas are always so consistent and stable, their existence is solely for the benefits of sentient beings and not for looking good or any material gain.

Well, the step that Ven Roger took to consult HE Denma Locho Rinpoche is good, lets not discourage them from getting close to Shugden Lamas, may be this is the beginning for them to repair their broken samaya with their root guru. Ven Roger knows very well that HE Denma Locho Rinpoche is a DS practitioner, so for him to make this move, I see that he has realised something.

pgdharma

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 11:04:33 AM »
I  hope the students of Lama Zopa will realized how important it is to follow and work according to Rinpoche’s advice and wishes.  They must watch their speech and actions and work harmoniously amongst themselves as well as with other centers instead of slandering and discriminating Dorje Shugden practitioners and their centers.

It is so disheartening to know that HE Denma Locho Rinpoche was sidelined just because he was associated with Dorje Shugden and Serkong Tritul Rinpoche. If Dorje Shugden is a spirit and is so bad why is FMPT through Ven Roger seeking divinations and advice from HE Denma Locho Rinpoche regarding Lama Zopa’s health and life? Could it be that they have realized their previous actions were wrong and now they are trying to mend their mistakes? If that is so, then it is a good sign and they should start by repairing their broken samaya with their Guru and follow their Guru's wishes.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 02:33:03 PM »
Lama Zopa and Ven Roger seeking advice from Denma Locho, Kopan requesting Phelgye Ling to do pujas, and Lama Zopa visiting Trijang Rinpoche's stupa are all very clear indications that he is still doing Dorje Shugden in secret. For some reason, maybe due to pressure from CTA or his sponsors he cannot make it too open, but him doing such things seems to be that he is leaving us clues that he is doing the practice but in secret.

FPMT has done a lot of harm towards Dorje Shugden practitioners and also towards Buddhist centers that do not conform to their standards. They have branded several organizations as being cults even though they have little or no evidence that those centers are "wrong". This has happened in several countries. And FPMT is famous for this kind of thing. They also publicly derided DS practitioners and centers who practice them.

However many of these members are not aware at all that Lama Yeshe was a staunch DS practitioner, and neither are they aware that Lama Zopa is a practitioner too. I thought this was quite well known as serious Lamas, especially tulkus have very strong Guru devotion (which is why they can be tulkus) and that Guru devotion is the core of Vajrayana practice. Perhaps the senior students are too afraid to reveal?

In any case, their actions of deriding Dorje Shugden practitioners cut off Lama Yeshe from them. If they do not stop the crusades, they will lose Lama Zopa too. The stroke was a warning that they should stop. There is nothing wrong with not letting DS practitioners into their center, its their center and if they choose that, fine but deriding other DS practitioners is unfortunate indeed as it was not called for or necessary.

Tenzin K

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 02:55:25 AM »
As mentioned by dsiluvu, “Why go to a Lama that practices Lord Shugden?,
I like this.

The advice by Ven. Denma Locho Rinpoche about harmonious really great!
Harmony is not just within the center but also as a whole in our spiritual practice. Putting down and discriminating Lord Shugden practitioners and centers but yet now seeking advice from the Lord Shugden practitioner? funny.

If FPMT really realize something here, we shall see the action and result.
This is not to embarrass anyone but is to reflect especially on the advice of “to be harmonious, not look for faults but look for the positive the inner qualities”.

Rihanna

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 05:03:13 AM »
Is anyone thinking what I am thinking??? Why did the author of the letter not spell out what are the pujas that needed to be done following Denma Locho Rinpoche's advice? Politically incorrect????

Why did Roger, the long time loyal assistant of Lama Zopa consult Denma Locho Rinpoche, of all the Lamas in our pantheon??? Is it because Dorje Shugden is the only Buddha who can help???

May the students have the merits to follow through Denma Locho Rinpoche's advice before it is too late.

Hi All,

March 8th 2012

Dear Friends,

peace!

icy

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 09:41:35 AM »
Hi All,

March 8th 2012

Dear Friends,

peace!

Yes, this article was posted in FPMT website last week. I particularly like what HE Denma Locho said with regards to working harmoniously with others by looking at their inner good qualities rather than always looking for negativities and thinking he is bad or she is bad.

The advice from all these high and attained lamas are always so consistent and stable, their existence is solely for the benefits of sentient beings and not for looking good or any material gain.

Well, the step that Ven Roger took to consult HE Denma Locho Rinpoche is good, lets not discourage them from getting close to Shugden Lamas, may be this is the beginning for them to repair their broken samaya with their root guru. Ven Roger knows very well that HE Denma Locho Rinpoche is a DS practitioner, so for him to make this move, I see that he has realised something.

No matter what it appears on the surface, and what FPMT declares and does, it does not make sense for Ven Roger from FPMT to seek HE Denma Locho Rinpoche's divination since He is a DS practitioner.  It makes me think more deeply and I dare to say that it clearly shows that Lama Zopa and senior members of FPMT have faith in DS practioners and I am certain they are doing DS practice privately to be correct politically with HHDL.  Why on earth would Lama Zopa do a puja openly at Trijang Rinpoche's stupa?  Does this not tell us that Lama Zopa's connection with Trijang Rinpoche is still intact and down to the root.  Does this really make sense?

bambi

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 09:59:14 AM »
It is very true!
"The students and centers really need to work according to Rinpoche's wishes. Whatever Rinpoche has advised for the them to do, it’s important to follow Rinpoche’s advice. The main thing is that everyone in the organization should really strive to fulfill Rinpoche’s advice."
Whatever Rinpoche wishes to do, we MUST carry out and strive. Logically, whatever a Guru advise is solely for our own benefit and never about selfishness. And remember, we do according to what He says because it is also to benefit people who have no Dhamma knowledge whatsoever. More importantly, bringing Dorje Shugden to the WORLD!
And we should NEVER criticize people especially those in a centre who are not to our level as we have different karma but instead be patient and loving to each other.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 03:23:34 PM »
Point 1.
Seeking advise from a DS practitioner lama is already a big hint that DS could be of help to Lama Zopa's health. this means that DS could be the only one who can help Lama Zopa and his students have no choice to go get help from DS monasteries for puja and advise. This prooves that Lama Zopa is still a practitioner of DS. If not, why go ask for help from someone you do not believe in?

Point 2.
The advise that Denma Locho Rinpoche gave the students of not talking bad about people and must remain harmonious amongst all in the centre. About always think of the qualities instead of the faults. If this advise was given, it means that the students at the centre are not harmonious and are creating problems in their own centre and also talking bad about others (DS practitioners). This may be the cause of Lama Zopa manifesting a stroke as a last resort to teach his students.

May FPMT quickly realise their faults and make amends. May Lama Zopa recover soon.

biggyboy

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 04:10:32 PM »

First and foremost, with the advice not to look on other faults but look for their good qualities, work harmoniously and putting all energy and heart on doing their work well for the growth of individual and its centre has directly indicated there's no harmony among the students due to their own selfishness, jealousy and ego to say the least.  Hence, contributing factor to the poor health of their Lama.  Hope the students realise fast and make amend for Lama Zopa to stay long.

Seeking divinations and advise from HE Denma Locho Rinpoche for the long life and well being of Lama Zopa Rinpoche...Why go to him when they have favoured otherwise???  Why go to a Dorje Shugden Lama for advise?  Well to me is a joke (not a jeer) and on the other hand I am happy for them that they may have realise the true benefits of Dorje Shugden practise, if I may say so.  Hahaha...

May Lama Zopa Rinpoche recover fast and live long.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 04:33:07 PM »
Hmmmm...

1. Why didnt they ask someone who is 'clean'? Why seek help from one person who is very clearly associated with the practice?

2. Theyve always been a hypocritical lot anyway, studying the Lamrim after denouncing / turning against the practice of the Lamrims editor! How can you be wrong on Dorje Shugden, but correct on the Lamrim when Dorje Shugden IS the Lamrim?!

3. I find this statement very pointed - "But the most important thing is not looking at each others’ faults but looking at the qualities of others." They could apply that to both within their centre, and outside of it. Pointing out faults with negative motivation creates the causes for others not to support your work and well, FPMT havent been having a good run of luck lately. Anyway thats what all highly attained beings say dont they? The key to growth and success is the harmony of the members.

Urgh. Can I just say, Im not surprised theyve asked Denma Locho Rinpoche. Maybe they still secretly believe...

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 03:47:43 PM »
Is anyone thinking what I am thinking??? Why did the author of the letter not spell out what are the pujas that needed to be done following Denma Locho Rinpoche's advice? Politically incorrect????

Why did Roger, the long time loyal assistant of Lama Zopa consult Denma Locho Rinpoche, of all the Lamas in our pantheon??? Is it because Dorje Shugden is the only Buddha who can help???

May the students have the merits to follow through Denma Locho Rinpoche's advice before it is too late.

[/quote]

The prayer which was asked to be done was Losang gyal tan ma - The Prayer for the Flourishing of Je Tsongkhapa’s Teachings. It is very clear that the direction that FPMT should follow come from the essence of the teachings of Je Tsongkhapa and not to always advocate their own brand of practice.

Why?

I have come accrossed students from FPMT centres telling me that their senior buddies in their centres say that they are not ready for Tsongkhapa practices. The first thing that comes to mind was, "But aren't u guys a Tsongkhapa centre?" I mean which man with a brain would burn their own hand and tell us that they are sane? I found this to be very disheartening and also very disrespectful towards the entire Gaden lineage.

From unclean samayas created from these will be causes for their teacher not to recover soon. I hope they do understand the underlying meaning of this prescribed prayer.

Wake up people!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

beggar

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 07:57:12 PM »
I think it's also not fair to criticise all of FMPT and generalise our comments on them. Unfortunately, it could just be a few bad apples who are giving a bad name and face to the whole organisation. I do believe there are also students who are not doing anything bad or wrong against DS practitioners. This happens everywhere - there are good, devoted students who keep their samayas clean, and there are those who don't.

It is inaccurate to say that every non-DS practitioner is against, dislikes or wants to disassociate with DS practitioners; or vice versa. DS has been such a central part of the lineage and practices of Gelugpas that many of the practitioners grew up together and were friends with each other since the old days in Tibet. This is still happening today, such as in Gaden /Shar Gaden or Sera / Serpom where many monk friends who share the same Gurus and grew up learning together are now separated. It does not mean they dislike each other or WANT to be separated. The politics surrounding them has made it such.

In this way therefore, it is not surprising that they would turn to a DS practitioner for help at a crucial time - either because they themselves are still maintaining the practice, as you have all mentioned already, or because they simply respect and have tremendous faith in other Lamas, whatever their stance on the DS issue. Any true practitioner knows that the power, wisdom and unaffected compassion of a Lama is not defined or destroyed by merely one practice, but by his lifetime(s) of practice and attainments. This is how it should be after all - that if we need help for our Lama, we should be able to seek Lamas within our tradition and who uphold our lineage practices... without fear that he does or doesn't this or that practice.

Still, I respect their courage and their devotion to stand up to the ban, risk getting themselves into "trouble" with the political "powers that be", thicken their skin and ask for help so directly from a DS Lama. It shows, deep down, where their loyalties are and what true practitioners they are - that they would risk everything for the sake of helping their Lama's health.

Namdrol

• Email
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »
See below for the actual situation of Denma Locho Rinpoche written by Mountains back in 2008.

Denma Locho Rinpoche is no longer in the good books of Dalai Lama and CTA, he has been sidelined, the main reason being association with DS lamas and center, it is known to all.

By FPMT openly contacting Denma Locho Rinpoche for advice, in a way FPMT is countering the Dalai Lama and it sends a message that they are no longer following the Dalai Lama's advice to a tee.

I see this as a good development. Lama Zopa is pure no doubt, he is a real Dharma practitioner, it is some of his FPMT people that politicize the whole Ds issue for their own selfish gain.

If FPMT wants to witch-hunt DS lamas, they might as well witch-hunt their very own Lama Zopa for contacting the "stained" Denma Locho Rinpoche for advice.

Wake up FMPT, wake up already.

Mountains wrote in 2008:

"Denma Locho Rinpoche is a direct disciple of Kyabje Ling Rinpoche and Trijang Rinpoche. He is from Denma Khangtsen of Drepung Loseling Monastery. He is highly esteemed for his learning and being one of the last great Gelugpa Masters from Tibet. He has many lineages, transmissions and empowerments. He was also personally chosen by the Dalai Lama to be the Abbot of Namgyal Monastery. He is now the retired abbot of Namgyal Monastery. He resides part time in Dharamsala and part time in Drepung, South India. He has been sent down to Drepung by HH personally to give many precious rare empowerments and teachings in Drepung Loseling Prayer Hall in the past. All Drepung Loseling monks are his disciples.

Rinpoche had travelled to Taiwan at the request of Serkong Tritul Rinpoche to give teachings and empowerments last year 2007. It is said that Serkong Tritul offered Indian Rupees 20 million to Rinpoche. Denma Locho Rinpoche in turned offered the amount to the building of Drepung Loseling's new prayer hall as they were short on money. The Drepung Loseling Admin accepted the money, then later questioned how did Denma Locho get so much. Letters are posted all over Drepung now during the visit of HH, questioning and accusing that the money came from Serkong Tritul. The amazing part is that Drepung monks accuse Denma Locho Rinpoche (their own guru), of this, and ask him to speak up, but they dont refund the money in question!!!!  Denma Locho Rinpoche has chosen to  remain silent on this subject.

It has been recently observed that HH during teachings at Drepung do not acknowledge this great teacher anymore neither with a smile or  traditional touching of foreheads. Also Rinpoche is left at the teaching hall to sit where he likes with no special seating for him as in the past.  No seat of honour is accorded to him being the ex-abbot of Namgyal Monastery any more whether at teachings of HH in Dharamsala or Drepung. He is 'offically' sidelined and will be further question by Drepung Administration Monks and of course reported to HH after the visit of HH departure on the 16th.

Denma Locho Rinpoche like his root guru Kyabje Ling Rinpoche does not practice Dorje Shugden but is not adverse to it either. He has never spoken against Dorje Shugden. He is a real lama where he engages in Dharma and Dharma only. But even having any connections with Dorje Shugden devotees can endanger your reputation no matter who you are, how old you are, how you have served HH in the past and even if you are the guru of so many monks. In the end politics, and looking politically correct seem more important than guru-disciple bonds."