Author Topic: Shameless CTA put up articles against Dorje Shugden again  (Read 16172 times)

Big Uncle

Re: Shameless CTA put up articles against Dorje Shugden again
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 06:57:35 AM »
Well, what do you expect from an archaic government who lives on false hope and that attempts to fool the Tibetans and international crowd by appearing to take on the modern garb of democracy. But in reality, nothing really had changed. Nobody in the CTA is truly concern for average Tibetan man and woman. They are just concerned whether they are in league with the Dalai Lama or not.

It is just too bad for CTA. No wonder the downgrade and its no wonder that the CTA will slide down the path of degeneration and slowly and surely, all hopes for Tibetan liberation will be snuffed out. Eventually, all that is left of the Tibetans overseas would be a slow but steady assimilation into mainstream Indian society. The wealthier Tibetans will run overseas and all that is left of the CTA will be no more.

triesa

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 03:18:44 PM »
I really would like to know their motive behind putting the articles back up. Seeing as they has removed them before they must have consciously put them back up, from the orders of someone. I wonder if they got pressure from someone? It is is step backwards, and there obviously must be some explanation behind their actions.

For me the CTA are a gone case, they really have not don't much of purpose. In fact recently all they are doing is blaming China for all the self immolations that seem to be occurring. Maybe they should really look into the root of the problem, rather that blaming. I really hope Lobsang Sangay turns around, and changes something, because he is in the position to make a political stand, and perhaps start one of the most controversial political turnarounds.

Jeremyg, to answer your question, their motiovs of putting up the anti-shugden articles again is simple.....Dr Lobsang Sangay is under "pressure" again. You are absolutely right, CTA is a gone case, if Dr Lobsang Sangay can not make change and mixes politics with religion again in CTA, then CTA is just another puppet, with strings held closely to the Dalai Lama's hand.

I would tell Dr Lobsang Sangay, once you bow down to this, you are also just another puppet, and to be honest, we are not really interested in any puppet show from a Harvard Graduate.

Such as shame indeed!!!!

Manjushri

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 06:55:38 PM »
You move a step forward, then you move ten step backwards, CTA! You give hope, then you crush it. By taking down the articles in the first place, and now, by putting it back up again, what are you trying to say, what is it that you're proving?

It shows how fickled you are, and that maybe there's a little bit of pressure on your government, and you get scared and chose to stay where you are. How will the nation progress as one, with such a fickled government? How can you fight for the rights and freedom for the People when you don't even fight for the rights of the People? silly silly.

Maybe the forum post/article that was posted about the articles being removed from the CTA webiste (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1739.0), garnered too much attention and the alerted CTA was afraid it would backfire, so they put it back up. It is time you stood up for the good of the people and not be dictated by face, and ego.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 01:07:10 AM »
Ha! My euphoria lasted shorter than the seasonal weather, just as I thought that those people in CTA have decided to garner their effort and work for the plight of Tibetans and not infringe on the religious rights of others practicing Dorje Shugden, then WHAM! It just shows their ego is more important than anything and anybody else.

It does not matter if one has the intelligence of a genius, but it is the correct attitude plus compassion that counts.

Dr Lobsang Sangay: how do you sleep at night, sir?

Klein

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 04:24:43 PM »
Looks like the new Prime Minister, Dr Lobsang Sangay's education overseas didn't do much good for Tibetans. Any educated person would know that Governments do not get involved in religious matters. What happened to human rights and religious freedom?

Posting messages against the practice of Dorje Shugden on CTA's website is an open invitation for more bad publicity. It only shows that Dr Lobsang Sangay is just like the rest of CTA, narrow minded and does not look after the welfare of his citizens. There are so many pressing issues and yet, CTA chooses to create more problems to their citizens who practice Dorje Shugden. This is a form of prejudice. Perhaps the CTA should be sued for no religious freedom!

Barzin

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 04:37:28 PM »
Now Im thinking of Dr. Lobsang Sangay's otherwise.  Instant lost of respect.  I really thought he would be different after all it has been proven that spiritual and politics don't mix well all these years.  With so much big international level news coverage on the ban created so much bad reputation to the Tibetans and Buddhism; I thought he would reevaluate the situation and take care of his people and most important what Tibet represents, peace, harmony and spirituality.  Now he is really pushing it.  What else can CTA do after His Holiness's passing? No offense, this won't make any difference except for the separation among their own people and fighting points about a deity whether is a demon or not.  Just so silly.

kris

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 09:53:27 AM »
I did a check on the tibet.net again, and yes, the articles seem to be back up again.

However, the articles do not talk much about Shugden at all. Most of them are just 1 line of "mentioning" the word Shugden. Also, the articles are quite old (you can check the date of the articles).

When comparing the tone of voice of HH Dalai Lama on Shugden matters a few years ago, and the latest initiation, His talk on this matter has toned down very much. As such, I still see it as a good sign.

To me, I am not sad or anything. It just mean we need to work harder :)

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 09:36:20 PM »
reading this news the first thing which came to mind is that there sure's a lot happening in the CTA! I am sure Dr Lobsang Sangay and the entire cabitnet has been discussing and debating furiously in their meetings. On one hand you might think that Dr lobsang is a yes-man to the Dalai Lama and on the other, his upbringing and education at Harvard would have somehow influenced his leadership in the CTA!

I take it as a sign of struggle for change within the CTA. Much as I hope they'll take the entire protector issue down from their site and issue forth a different statement altogether on their stance of the issue, I think it will take time before that happens. While that's in the pipeline, let's focus here on raising awareness of the issue and bring the entire CTA's ignorrance to an end!

Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Namdrol

• Email
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 10:02:21 PM »
No matter what, one thing is clear, the reason why CTA put up anti-shugden articles again at this time is not a coincidence, it is exactly because dorjeshugden.com people highlighted it and "congratulated" them.

It is really ridiculous, that any government will actually change their policy overnight, but this is exactly what is happening here, just because somebody decided to email them about the missing articles, then overnight they put it up again, a government policy that changed overnight, literally.

So it shows you how childish and flippant the whole CTA is, a kangaroo court, so again we come back to this: this is exactly why they lost their country, and furthermore being downgraded from a "government-in-exile" to a mere "administration".

Although I must say I do sympathize with Dr Lobsang Sangya's dilemma, but I am sure his Harvard education will do him good eventually.

dsiluvu

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 11:34:09 PM »
Well let's hope Dr. LS can live up to his good education and as a Havard graduate, not put Havard reputation in a bad light as people will naturally look at these sort of worldly labels. They will wonder and question in insult of such a Havard produce?

If you are reading this forum Dr. Lobsang which I believe you are... you should be wise and really exercise the democratic philosophy of the world that is ethical and gives freedom to all equally... without prejudices to what they believe. Lift the inhuman ban of your own people and unit them in harmony if you wish your community and voice to heard strongly. If you are a REAL LEADER for you "people"!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 05:45:19 PM »
I dont understand. Why put something that has been removed? Why put something that is outdated? Is the mighty CTA being threatened by some unknown party to put up the articles for whatever reason, but the people managing the website does not wish that it be put in the website? If it is, why is it being threatened at the moment? is it because the government and the people there are already very screwed up by now?

Lets have a look at the situation. In the al-jazerra video which covers the discrimination against Dorje Shugden practitioners (which, plenty of anti Shugden crusaders would be shocked to re-examine their stance), it is very clearly that all of the Tibetan related societies amongst the exiles are against Dorje Shugden because  they are merely political tools to control the people. If someone says very much as "I want to be president", they will be taken away for plotting against the government.

Threats, blackmail and all kinds  of political machinations are not new in Tibet. And they carried it over to them when they went into exile, hoping that a system that worked 500 years ago still works now. But it does not work now anymore and yet they want to continue. Governments these days operate in a more transparent manner and these methods that has caused CTA to fail for so long must change.

So, why is the current, new and improved CTA giving in to threats and the like? That is they are, and it does seem that they are under threat…from who? what? perhaps they should just say no and fight back or else they cannot grow anymore..

Galen

• Email
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2012, 10:52:12 AM »
What were they thinking of? Is it because they could not take the acknowledgment that was given to them by so many people especially from this forum? Or was there pressure from the Dalai Lama to put them up again because of the acknowledgment from people. The Dalai Lama is losing face and could not take it and therefore instructed Mr. Lobsang Sangay to put them up again.

If that is so, you are just a puppet, Mr. Kalon Tripa. Where are your policies which are people oriented and fight for the freedom of all Tibetans? Even the content of a website, you cannot control! What about other policies to bring your country (or people) growth and stability? That is what all Tibetans are looking forward to each day!

No wonder nothing gets done when you go back and forth on the same issues!

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2012, 11:23:09 AM »
I guess they took it off just to deceive us and then quietly put it up again expecting us not to know. They miscalculated, not realizing we are not as dumb as they are. Sorry for the rude word but i really do not know of any other words to describe them.

Nothing they say are based on facts. But here at dorjeshugden.com everything has factual support. I got to know about dorje shugden here and have been hooked on since. No other places have so much information about dorje shugden. I remember going to other dorje shugden websites and found out most of their info are extracted from here!

Carpenter

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2012, 05:12:52 PM »
I understand everyone’s feeling here, but by shooting fire to CTA again and again, is this necessary? If CTA does operate from Ego and Face as what you all mentioned, so, by shooting at them, do you think they will follow or going all the way to prove themselves right.

The earlier removal of Dorje Shugden content might be an attempt that they slowly putting it down, but when they are trying to do so, people start to put a lot of attention to them, due to the ego and face, that’s why they put it up?

Have we ever tried by giving support to them? Not shouting at them from the other side, but to show them care, Dorje Shugden is aligning with them. Action speaks louder than words, if we all (Dorje Shugden Practitioner) act and speaks the same, bring peace, spread Dharma teaching, etc. Since now scolding doesn’t seems to bring any positive response, so should we show our care and to encourage them to do the right thing?

dsdisciple

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2012, 05:37:41 AM »
I thought I would do a check on the CTA website and found two interesting points I would like to share with everyone?

1) I did a quick check and noticed no articles on DS? and wondered whether I am just seeing things???

2) HHDL won a peace medal from San Diego University in his acceptance speech he mentions two commitments he will keep for the rest of his life see below:

On the issue of promoting inner values, His Holiness pointed to the theme of his visit to San Diego (that was printed on a banner behind the stage) and said there was the need for people to cultivate compassion without borders. He said compassion with borders was at the biological level and related to one’s concern for one’s family, etc.  However, this type of compassion could be taken as the seed and using human intelligence and applying scientific findings people could strive for compassion without borders,

He said one could generate this feeling by having the mindset that just as one wanted happiness and love for oneself others, too, have the same desire. Through this show of concern for the wellbeing of others one can eventually expand to concern for even one’s enemy.

On the commitment to promote religious harmony, His Holiness said this was a level of him being a Buddhist.  He said in India, beside the homegrown religions many other religious traditions co-exist. Therefore, India is a living example of the ability of different religious communities living together with mutual respect and for mutual benefit.

His Holiness said he would remain committed to these two commitments till his death. He explained that the reason why he was expanding on these points was because the media too had a role in promoting awareness of these. People need to realize that the real source of happiness was within them and not depended on power or money.  His Holiness said that while the media ought to report on negative developments, they also needed to talk about the above issues, particularly since in a democracy the media had an important role.

If this is truly the case not seeing DS articles on the website? increased awareness regarding DS issues by DS.com and media also plays a role in promoting awareness that the actions and words of religious traditions can exist together can also include DS practitioners inside and outside of Tibet.

Anyways I pray that this is the beginning of better things to come?

xo