Author Topic: Phayul Tibetan website under attack!  (Read 9171 times)

Mana

Phayul Tibetan website under attack!
« on: March 24, 2012, 04:38:43 PM »
Dear Readers,

Phayul.com has been experiencing Distributed Denial-Of-Service (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack) for the past few days because of which our website has been slow at times and even crashed on few occasions. We have been doing everything in our power to mitigate the attack.

We thank our readers for your continuous support and truly regret the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Phayul Team

There is a message of DDOS on phayul. DDOS means someone is attacking the website.. sending millions of hits so that the webserver crashes.

Who can it be? Too bad for them. 

I wonder if someone will be doing the same to the official CTA website?

DharmaDefender

Re: Phayul Tibetan website under attack!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 05:35:42 PM »
Hahaha thats ace! Its their karma for slagging off every DS lama coming back to them. Gwan you lot, how much do you want to wager it was the Chinese? ;)

Guess the trolls on Phayul will have to find somewhere else to spread their bollox for the next week or so...

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 02:07:40 AM »
Oh no. Too bad for the people at phayul. This karma thing is coming back on them, even through the cyber space. Karma does really exist.

icy

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 11:24:01 AM »
This really sounds like karma is catching back on them isn't it?  It is really too bad this is happening to Phayul.com.  I can imagine more negative karma will be happening to them if the DS ban is not lifted quickly.  The universal law of cause and effect follows in whatever we do, no one is spared.  The CTA should know this very well since they study under many great masters including the Dalai Lama.  What is taught by these great lamas they should apply themselves and not just talk about it.  LIFT THE DS BAN CTA!

jeremyg

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 03:31:26 PM »
Very interesting. Let's see how this unfolds. Of course there is some aspect of karma involved in this. What intrigues me even more is who is doing this to them! Well whoever it is, let us see whether they are successful or not, I wonder what their agenda is. I hope it is a good one

Namdrol

• Email
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 06:23:19 PM »
Karma on the cyberspace?

I remember there used to be a very huge, arguable the largest online buddhist forum called e-sangha a few years ago, but it was a very biased forum with strong anti-DS sentiment by most if not all of the moderators.

A lot of lies and schism were created there and misguided a lot of new people about Dorje Shugden, then one day, I guess it is really karma, it just crashed, and never recovered again, it has been years, and I guess it never will.

So beware, karma is working even in cyberspace, speech is speech, no matter you write it with a pen or type it with keyboard.

Big Uncle

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 07:33:49 PM »
You know I shouldn't be rejoicing for such things but I am. I can't help feeling happy that an avenue for many people to propagate wrong views on Dorje Shugden is down. I doubt that it is practitioners of Dorje Shugden is doing that either.

I am sure, it is not only the practitioners of Dorje Shugden that have been sidelined, slandered and ill-treated by many users of this forum. Instead of a platform to spread Buddhism, understanding and spirituality, it was a platform to voice hate, sectarianism and bigotry. Hence, that's why you see many people here thinks it was their own karma coming back.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 08:18:22 PM »
no offence but the amount of time and effort gone into the forum is enthralling for the objective for a spiritual forum such as this is so small. It is petty and most of the time it feels like a graveyard there! No offence to be bitchy in any way but it is what I think it is and I will think that its technical support is very poor and backward too, otherwise why would it always and constantly face this same ordeal every few months?

Cyber Karma? You don't say.... I wouldn't deny one single bit of it! With the amount of negative propaganda defaming anything that the site is not agreeable of but is in line with the Buddhist thought is definitely negative karma, what else would it be if it is not the wheel of sharp weapons coming back to them?
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

dsiluvu

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 11:27:49 PM »
OH this is awesome! Karma right back at cha!?!

This website does nothing but create huge amounts of schism, discrimination and definitely nothing Buddhist. If there is any website getting hacked, this is the one. What a huge slap in the face for phayul... they have done nothing much to change the world and definitely not much in educating. So much lies and discrimination and a whole lot of bull is what u get from this forum... it is no surprise that they have created their own karma to be hacked! Lets hope it stays shut!!!

Namdrol

• Email
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 11:35:32 PM »
ok, as of now,, phayul.com is back online again.

have they learnt their lesson?  ;)

Namdrol

• Email
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 11:37:13 PM »
but the Phayul forum is still down right? I just checked and it appeared so.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 04:13:03 PM »
I just accessed phayul and apparently their main site is still up but it appears that they have removed the forum section of the website (or perhaps, someone else did it for them? :) ) but I am glad that it is because there was nothing constructive in the forums anyway. It was just arguments after arguments and endless banter and pointless messages. In short, it is a waste of time.

many people think that they can get away with anything at all in cyberspace because it is the internet and since nobody really sees or knows who they really are they think that they can make whatever comments they want and get away with it. That is not so with the law of karma. They cannot get away with it that easily at all. The moderators and site owners will also get bad karma as they allow this sort of shit to happen.

Even if karma does not ripen, the Dharma protectors will also kick in and cause the website to never come up again. This is what happened with esangha, the largest buddhist forum online back in the day but they spread a lot of biased and sectarian misinformation about lineages that do not please them and it turned out to be a full-blown inquisition and crusade against buddhist schools who did not conform to what they think is buddhism (even if it was authentic) and eventually, something happened, it went down and it could never get back up again.

Now it is phayul's turn for trolling against Dorje Shugden practitioners, for whatever reason they have, perhaps they were hired by the CTA to do such things but it does not mean that they do not get the karma. Phayul's time has ended in spreading misinformation against Buddhist teachers and Dorje Shugden…and pretty soon other anti Dorje Shugden websites will also suffer a similar fate.

Zach

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 07:36:45 AM »
Karma's a bitch  ;D

triesa

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 08:29:35 AM »
My hunch is Phayul.com will continue their direction after their website is up. I don't think they will change their stand point just becasue of a DOS attack on their website.

Will see......I know I should not be rejoicing at the crash of someone's website, but I stole a giggle from inside my heart. ;)

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 09:17:37 AM »
Even though Phayul was set up to promote Tibetan Independence Tibetan Exiles in India, it got it self dragged and allowed the discussions of various topics "Tibetan" including about the issue of Dorje Shugden. It is the claim by the Dalai Lama that propitiating the Protector will negatively affect the independence of Tibet that this topic is "relevant". Its stand was obviously against Dorje Shugden and hence, we can say the negative Karma generated is tremendous.

However, I don't think a website has Karma by itself but the people running it has. The DOS of the site is from the karma of the people running it.

On a more worldly point of view, it can be equated to a cyber war, where we have 3 million Tibetans plus supporters on one side (3 million in China) and 1.3 billion Chinese plus overseas Chinese (40 mil) plus supporters on the others. You do the math.

It is a losing battle, I am sorry to say. If the Chinese gives independence to the TIbetans, there will be absolute anarchy in China, with 55 ethnic groups, each can claim independence. Chiiling!

Good Luck to you, Phayul!