Author Topic: Hearsay: Dalai Lama encourages to continue Shugden practice  (Read 18615 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Hearsay: Dalai Lama encourages to continue Shugden practice
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 06:09:12 PM »
From what it looks like, it appears that HHDL does not want to give up the practice. It is more as if he was forced into implementing the ban and that he is doing it half heartedly only to please someone. So, when the people he needs to act in front are not there, he gives advice that that promotes Dorje Shugden. After all, the Dalai Lama being defied, killed and words put into his mouth is nothing new.

Why should we take things only on the surface level? Just because someone says something that is bad outwardly but in reality it means the opposite what should we take as the real meaning of the words? Should we still be oblivious and take the outward meaning and ignore the inner meaning because the outer one is more obvious and so that people can see our devotion?

By doing more and more brochures, distribution, activity and sharing of Dorje Shugden with the people, we can lift the ban sooner because it will show HHDL and the people against Dorje Shudgen that Dorje Shugden does not harm but he benefits. And that Dorje Shugden is unstoppable at all as he really does have a lot of merits from his previous life. To stop him is to stop one's own potential of growth.

Hopefully with the flurry of pro Dorje Shugden activity that this website has generated, it will continue to serve as proof for HHDL to not ban the practice and lift the ban. HHDL will have an excuse and will have something to show his people that banning Dorje Shugden is futile and a waste of efforts.

Big Uncle

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 02:25:31 AM »
I know this is just hearsay and there is no way to prove this, but just want to post this up for information sake.

A person called Billy Feng posted in a Chinese forum (http://bbs.tibetcul.com/read.php?tid=126782&page=7) that he is a Dorje Shugden practitioner and he took part in Dalai Lama's Kalachakra initiation, and his group of friends that went along are from all four sects and they knew that he practises Shugden but they are fine with it because they know that it is just a political issue, and he personally received blessing from the Dalai Lama and the Dalai Lama did not ask him to stop Shugden practise. And another Tibetan friend that went along had a private audience with the Dalai Lama and consulted the Dalai Lama about Shugden, the Dalai Lama replied that he should continue his Shugden practise.

from: http://bbs.tibetcul.com/read.php?tid=126782&page=7, see attached pic for the post in chinese.

If I was that person who had audience with the Dalai Lama, I would respectfully ask him when can he dissolve the ban on Dorje Shugden. That would be the golden question. I am happy that the Dalai Lama is not really against Dorje Shugden as we already know on this forum but I think it is more important to know when the Dalai Lama is going to remove the ban.

Everyone has suffered so much for Dorje Shugden to make it grow big. So when can everyone cry, make up and all go to puja together. When can we go to His Holiness' Kalachakra teachings and truly receive his blessings? Those would be the burning questions in my mind and many other Dorje Shugden practitioners. Nonetheless, the very fact that His Holiness have said this shows that the time is near. That's what I think.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:33:28 AM by Big Uncle »

lotus1

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 10:32:52 AM »
If this is not hearsay, it would be very good news! I always respect his holiness and I just find it not logical at all for him to ban Dorje Shugden practice with reasons such as it will shorten his life. How would a Chenrezig’s life be shorted by spirit? Therefore, I always believe that he is for a bigger reason and bigger picture. This post has again strengthened my belief.

Strongly agreed with Wisdom Being that we should do more to help. Let’s create more awareness by distributing brochures, actively posting in forum and social media, sending letters etc and create more causes for the ban to be lifted ASAP! 

DharmaSpace

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 03:05:07 PM »
It is a sign of the times that the tide is changing in favour of Dorje Shugden. The Dalai Lama used to recognise people who were in the audience of his teachings and asked them to leave. The Dalai Lama being omniscient would be able to know who is doing whatever practice and there is no way he would not know who is in the audience of his teachings.

Besides the last Kalachakra teachings whereby the Dalai Lama mentions about Dorje Shugden the frequency of the Dalai Lama mentioning is getting more scarce compared to the year before and it has been a downward trend since. So the signs are promising for the ban to lift.

Carpenter

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 06:26:38 AM »
It is a sign of the times that the tide is changing in favour of Dorje Shugden. The Dalai Lama used to recognise people who were in the audience of his teachings and asked them to leave. The Dalai Lama being omniscient would be able to know who is doing whatever practice and there is no way he would not know who is in the audience of his teachings.

Besides the last Kalachakra teachings whereby the Dalai Lama mentions about Dorje Shugden the frequency of the Dalai Lama mentioning is getting more scarce compared to the year before and it has been a downward trend since. So the signs are promising for the ban to lift.

Yes, I’m sure Dalai Lama is now going towards the direction of lifting the ban already, that’s why recently his tone towards Dorje Shugden practice is going softer and softer.

There are many debate earlier on whether Dalai Lama banning Dorje Shugden is because he is a demon or promoting him through the ban, there has been no conclusion, because the main person in game that has not spoken yet, so I’m pretty sure that very soon, we will know what is Dalai Lama’s intention. Result is always the best answer.

If people who are observant and with an open mind, if they are really a Dharma practitioner, they will be able to notice this, Dorje Shugden practitioner meant no harm and Dorje Shugden himself are no devil.

Barzin

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 07:55:32 AM »
True or not, but if news like this is circulating around, it could be the very fact that people are more relax about the ban not just His Holiness himself.  After all, who can abandon a practice given by their own guru?  If this is true, His Holiness definitely is taking another approach to the matter.  It is so much easier for His Holiness to make a statement about religious freedom and it is OKAY to practice Dorje Shugden, afterall for so long, Dorje Shugden has not disrupt Buddhism has he? 

On the other note, due the heavy negative of the people who abandoned practice and go against guru devotion; it is the very time they repair their samaya by stopping putting the practice down in directly their very guru who gave them the practice.   Because of the ban, it is also the fact that Dorje Shugden practitioners have always been united and in harmony, together accumulate enough merits for the ban to be lifted so Buddha dharma can spread.  I agree that it is not our time to relax and be happy about but instead, we should do more practice and spread the practice until the ban is fully lifted.  We need the merits.

Congrats to Shugden practitioners, it seems like the sky is clearing very soon!

Klein

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 10:31:52 AM »
I doubt this hearsay is true. Come on. HHDL has a hidden agenda for the betterment of mankind's spirituality but how can he openly tell the people in his audience room to continue practising Dorje Shugden. There are so many other people in the audience room from HH's ladrang and God knows who else is there. Furthermore, there are other people there from different lineages.

It's too public to make such a statement. If this is true, it's as good as publicly lifting the ban of Shugden practice!

VS

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2012, 12:45:10 PM »
Regardless true or not true, there would not be smoke without a fire smouldering some where.

It is a known fact that HHDL's strong stance against DS practice has mellowed nowadays, it is not as strong as the previous years. HHDL also mentioned that 'it is choice whether they want to continue with their DS practice', isn't this a good indication.

In the samsaric world, there are people working under cover in order to get the criminals to justice. It could also be the case of this incident to the lifting of the ban.

May the ban be lifted in the very near future.

Benny

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2012, 03:37:10 PM »
Everyone has suffered so much for Dorje Shugden to make it grow big. So when can everyone cry, make up and all go to puja together. When can we go to His Holiness' Kalachakra teachings and truly receive his blessings? Those would be the burning questions in my mind and many other Dorje Shugden practitioners. Nonetheless, the very fact that His Holiness have said this shows that the time is near. That's what I think.

Yeah ! I like what Big Uncle said above , let us all just forgive and forget and just move on already. We all just want to practice our beloved protector practice and continue to receive his blessings.

Whether true or not the hearsay , does not change the fact that many sincere and innocent non tibetian practitioners like myself would dream of asking HHDL himself about this ban. Many many more like that Chinese guy would continue to spread the wonderful practice of Lord Dorje Shugden and would indigantly continue to question the ban. Even if that entire meeting with HHDL was made up, it proves one thing : The practice is spreading all over and people are asking why not ?

If true we should all rejoice and step up our efforts in spreading the practice of Lord Dorje Shugden even more. If more and more practitioners are going to get blessings from HHDL , then we will probably be blogging about the lifting of the ban real soon ! I would personally love to see and hear HHDL lift the ban in his famously charismatic and Tongue in cheek way ! Can you imagine him chuckling away at how silly we all were in reacting one way or the other over the entire controversy that was a fiasco / puppet show.

beggar

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 05:06:07 PM »
Whether or not this is really true, this is for sure: the Dalai Lama has changed his tone and angle significantly when speaking of Dorje Shugden.

Consider his tone when he first started speaking of the Shugden issue, chastising monks and abbots of monasteries and threatening to dispel monks who insisted on practising Shugden:

! Video not found Small | Large

And then, later, his more relaxed tone - almost joking - during the recent teachings in Bodhgaya earlier this year. Here, he tells the audience that it is up to them what they choose to do and follow. If anyone didn't know any better, they might even be led to think that he spoke in quite a democratic tone, "allowing" people to practice as they chose.

His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama Kalop at 32th Kalachakra, BodhGaya

So the angles are changing. From an outright ban on the practice, telling people they MUST NOT follow the practice and MUST BE expelled if they did, he now speaks about it as a "choice", a "freedom". We know, of course, that this is still not the case. Monks are still at the risk of being thrown out of their monasteries and Shugdenpas still strictly cannot associate with non-Shugdenpas... but at least the times are changing. There could well come a time when the choice to practice Shugden far outweighs the choice to give up the practice, and by then, we hope, implementation of the ban will carry absolutely no weight anymore.

Times are changing - i feel it!

jeremyg

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2012, 06:33:10 PM »
This is great to hear, I honestly don't see a reason as to why the Dalai Lama would discourage the practice, if he was wanting to help the masses. I hope that more stories of this kind make it out into the public, as this will surely question the ban. May more of these stories exist, and more people make it public that the Dalai Lama supports the Dorje Shugden practice.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2012, 11:54:37 AM »
There are many things that do make me think: how did they let Shugden practitioners slip into HHDL's teachings? How does one check whether or not someone else is a Dorje Shugden practitioner or not? If they cannot determine if someone is a Dorje Shugden practitioner or not, then why not just allow everyone? They can put a sign there but any Dorje Shugden practitioner could just keep quiet or lie their way in and nobody would know. I'd do that and then later when I meet HHDL, announce it loudly just to show them how pretentious the sign on the outside is.