Author Topic: CTA too ashamed to reveal author of The Gyallu, Tibetan National Anthem?  (Read 13757 times)

DS Star

The new Tibetan National Anthem or the Gyallu is being adopted and widely used by all the Tibetans-in-exile. Though it is forbidden to be played in Chinese-controlled Tibet, most Tibetans in-exile know how to sing it, even the young kids know.

The poetic lyrics touched on the radiance of Buddha, the glory of Buddha's teachings (and the Dalai Lama) and most significantly the spirit of Tibetans to fight for their freedom.

"... In the battle against negative forces
may the auspicious sunshine of the teachings and beings of
Tibet and the brilliance of a myriad radiant prosperities
be ever triumphant."

Central Tibetan Administration publishes the full lyrics on its website:
http://tibet.net/about-tibet/tibetan-national-anthem/

One thing really amused me is that, the webpage didn't mentioned who wrote it. Seems the CTA officers though proudly promote this lyric but too ashamed to admit it was composed by none other than the great master they tried to discredit i.e. HH Trijang Dorje Chang.

Most of the senior Tibetans knew this fact but CTA is trying to hide the truth from the younger generations.

The following links confirmed the Gyallu was composed by HH Trijang Dorje Chang.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibetan_National_Anthem
http://www.nationalanthems.info/tib.htm

Shame on you CTA.

Tibetan National Anthem HD.mov

DharmaDefender

Actually I dont think thats entirely true. I learned about the author of the Gyallu from a Tibetan mate of mine and he was most def under 60! To say its poetic is an understatement... its an extremely moving piece of writing when sung in Tibetan at protests.

But I get what your trying to say though. I dont get it how the CTA believes they will win back Tibet, when they themselves deny their roots and their origins... and their doing a fine job of it too, no need for the Chinese to help them!

samayakeeper

• Email
I wonder what the people in CTA actually do? Why spend time and effort working on the ban of Dorje Shugden's practice when there are so many good work that can be done for Tibetans? Why split Tibetans into different spiritual camps? Why make Tibetans suffer? Is there no conscience? Is this dharma?

triesa

Same story goes on here for the CTA, why suppress HE Trijang Rinpoche who is well know to be a DS practitioner while still using the Gyallu composed by this holy master? If any DS practioner is evil and not to be associated with, then why adopt an evil National Anthem composed by none other than HE Trijang Rinpoche?

It will NEVER make sense with CTA.

The only way for CTA to be able to speak loudly and heads up to all Tibetans and infact to everyone is to LIFT THIS STUPID BAN AGAINST DORJE SHUGDEN.

If they consciously know who composed this Anthem and still use it, that tells me they are hiding or covering up something big.

DharmaSpace

CTA will not get any results if all its policies including the ban is based on deception.  They will not even be able to go to the negotiation table with the Chinese. The Chinese know that they do not have to parley with CTA as CTA is so so weak without the Dalai Lama as part of the administration.

Anyways not surprising to know it was Trijang Rinpoche who composed it, during the years when Trijang Dorje Chang's was still studying there were times he composed poem and these were very profound to read. Live long Trijang Dorje Chang to dispel the darkness of the beings and of our times.

kris

I wonder what the people in CTA actually do? Why spend time and effort working on the ban of Dorje Shugden's practice when there are so many good work that can be done for Tibetans? Why split Tibetans into different spiritual camps? Why make Tibetans suffer? Is there no conscience? Is this dharma?

I totally agree with you on this. Why bother to split your own people just because of the difference in practices? I am not saying I support what CTA is doing in getting back their own country, but WHY DON'T YOU UNITE ALL THE PEOPLE AND FIGHT FOR WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE? If you unite all the people, won't you have more people, more synergy? Even if you "punish" all the Dorje Shugden practitioners, what benefit did you get out of it? Why not lift the ban, make them happy, and they may even fight for you!!

Is CTA that dumb to understand this?

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
The CTA was formerly headed by HH the Dalai Lama. Its Prime Minister was Samdhong Rinpoche, thought to be an emanation of Dorje Shugden and at the very least, he was a very strong Dorje Shugden practitioner.  While we may think that the CTA is stubborn and stupid for maintaining this ban, I cannot help but think that their following the Dalai Lama’s direction is part of the bigger picture too. The recent change of head from the Dalai Lama to Dr Lobsang Sangay IS a step in the right direction though and while we can all hope, request and beg the CTA to be more fair to Dorje Shugden practitioners, I think things may not change until firstly, that Dorje Shugden practitioners are harmonious and create the causes for the ban to be lifted and secondly, that Dorje Shugden himself decides the time is right.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

pgdharma

DS practitioners are supposed to be bad and evil. HE Trijang Rinpoche is a great DS practitioner. Does that mean that the Gyallu composed by HE Trijang Rinpoche is bad too. Then why CTA adopt and use this Gyallu. Are they that dumb not knowing that it is composed by a DS practitioner?

"The poetic lyrics touched on the radiance of Buddha, the glory of Buddha's teachings (and the Dalai Lama) and most significantly the spirit of Tibetans to fight for their freedom" May all the people in their country have religious freedom and be united as one. In order to be united the ban must be lifted.

Manjushri

Beautiful lyrics to the National Anthem, with compassion, harmony and peace as its essence in addition to the spread of the Buddha's doctrine. I already like the opening lyric to the anthem:

"Let the radiant light shine of Buddha’s wish-fulfilling gem teachings,
 the treasure chest of all hopes for happiness and benefit"

Showing that Tibetans recognize and recalls how precious and benefical the teachings of the Buddha is, how it is the only source for real, unwavering happiness. They liken the teachings/doctrine of Buddha to something extremely precious as the treasure chest, which would give one hope, happiness and benefit. How profound.

Anyways, an anthem promoting peace and harmony, but in reality, are the Tibetans really promoting this? Is CTA really doing this? I feel that not only the CTA has to change their mindset and lift the ban, the general Tibetans, who are non-DS practitioners, should also stand up for and welcome their fellow countrymen/women (who are shugdenpas) with open arms.

Big Uncle

It is sad that the CTA go through such lengths to cover such facts and implement the ban which is not important for Tibetan unity at all. If they know the Dharma, they would know that it is detrimental to Tibetan unity. Not recognizing the author of the Gyalu is just the tip of the iceberg. They are blatantly persecuting practitioners and many High Lamas who practice Dorje Shugden, out of which many are highly attained.

Klein

Perhaps the reason why they are using the Gyallu as their National Anthem and not mentioning the composer is HHDL's instruction. Or CTA can't find another person who can compose another National Anthem better than this. There are so many possible reasons.

Whatever the reasons may be, we will all know as time goes by. The grand plan will unveil itself. So to expedite the process, it is our duty to disseminate information about Dorje Shugden and it's practice. Many people are educated and have easy access to information around the world. The more people know about the facts of Dorje Shugden and the discrimination towards Dorje Shugden practitioners, the more ineffective the ban will become.

We must all do our parts consistently so that the ban will be lifted sooner.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
It is sad that the CTA go through such lengths to cover such facts and implement the ban which is not important for Tibetan unity at all. If they know the Dharma, they would know that it is detrimental to Tibetan unity. Not recognizing the author of the Gyalu is just the tip of the iceberg. They are blatantly persecuting practitioners and many High Lamas who practice Dorje Shugden, out of which many are highly attained.

I think this isn't anything new within the Tibetan rulers. If they can remove the name of HH Trijiang Dorje Chang from the sets of mantras needed to be inserted into a holy statue of Buddha, why can't they do the same with the song? We have to understand the mind set of an average Tibetan isn't that patriotic after all. They do as they are taught and nothing further. It is only in the outside world which we see what is exactly happening within the Tibetan circle.

Being a Buddhist of the Tibetan tradition, it makes me think how much influence and benefit which Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings have brought the Tibetan society up till today. Yet the very people who provide us with these precious teachings are the people destroying it.
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

jeremyg

It seems like they're digging a deeper and deeper hole for themselves. Cover up after cover up, trying to hide the truth from the innocent. I hope they know the repercussions. I hope that in the future none of this will exist, I mean after all there is the saying that the truth always prevails. They obviously know it was composed by HH Trijang Rinpoche, so what game are they trying to play? Brainwashing young minds, or maybe it is an honest mistake. I hope it is just a mistake.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
CTA has failed in so many of their works. The failures arising from denying cause and effect, guru samaya, respect of all religious worship, human rights violations against those who do not accept their version of governing. Their failure will continue to be more and more clear. The very fact they are not recognized as the EXILE TIBETAN GOVERNMENT and downgraged to Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) says alot. No government in the world will stand up with definite action for them against China.

CTA not recognizing their National Anthem was written by H.H. Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche is not surprising. They have denied all the other contributions by this great master. They have attempted to turn this master into some sort of false, mistake prone old monk. Who has no wisdom and attainments. These days to mention Trijang Rinpoche's name within the Tibetan community automatically puts Tibetans on guard because Trijang Rinpoche is synonymous with Shugden.

Trijang Rinpoche has so many other accomplishments besides his practice of Shugden. But the Tibetan govt has made him into some sort of negative association for now. Sad. But this cannot last. Trijang Rinpoche will achieve great works again for sure. The very fact he has a centre and practices quietly in the US tells you he is buying time for the right moment to open up and do more. If the current Trijang Rinpoche is not interested in Dharma works, he would never open up a Dharma centre with acres of retreat land. He quietly travels to places like Mongolia to give teachings and greet hundreds.

CTA's karma has caught up, now they are called the CTA not Tibetan Govt. More karma will arise for them. All the pains, confusion and hurt they have created with their infamous and unjust Shugden ban will return to them. Within five years some high lamas have mentioned, the Shugden issue will resolve positively in favor of the Shugden practitioners which number into the millions around the world. I believe what the High lamas predict. :D Let's wait for that great day when the sun shines out from behind the clouds over the horizon of devoted practitioners.

Tk

yontenjamyang

• Email
CTA's karma has caught up, now they are called the CTA not Tibetan Govt. More karma will arise for them. All the pains, confusion and hurt they have created with their infamous and unjust Shugden ban will return to them. Within five years some high lamas have mentioned, the Shugden issue will resolve positively in favor of the Shugden practitioners which number into the millions around the world. I believe what the High lamas predict.  Let's wait for that great day when the sun shines out from behind the clouds over the horizon of devoted practitioners.
/quote]

What a great news. Within 5 years the issue will be resolve in favor of us the practitioners. Then all can practice openly and the practice can spread even wider and can benefit more. I believe this will happen because Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's lineage lamas can never be wrong. DS lamas can never be wrong. DS can never be wrong.
We need to work hard to practice well, to spread the practice more, so that when the issue is solved, we will be ready to step up onto the global stage.