Author Topic: CTA too ashamed to reveal author of The Gyallu, Tibetan National Anthem?  (Read 13758 times)

michaela

Firstly, I would like to comment on the national anthem.  The words are very beautiful.  It is a reflection that the previous Trijang Rinpoche was truly a poet and a great teacher

The fact that the current Trijang Rinpoche is developing a Dharma Centers and still teach Dharma regardless of the difficulties imposed upon him by CTA is no small matters and it means that there is light at the end of the tunnel.  My precious Lama once said that if the incarnation of high lama with Bodhicitta are met with hopeless condition that will prevent them to accomplish their Dharma objectives, the incarnation can choose to die young.  The very fact that the current incarnation of Trijang Rinpoche is still alive despite of obstacles faced, means that these obstacles will end sometimes in the near future.  After all nothing, including the ban is permanent. 

dsiluvu

Firstly, I would like to comment on the national anthem.  The words are very beautiful.  It is a reflection that the previous Trijang Rinpoche was truly a poet and a great teacher

The fact that the current Trijang Rinpoche is developing a Dharma Centers and still teach Dharma regardless of the difficulties imposed upon him by CTA is no small matters and it means that there is light at the end of the tunnel.  My precious Lama once said that if the incarnation of high lama with Bodhicitta are met with hopeless condition that will prevent them to accomplish their Dharma objectives, the incarnation can choose to die young.  The very fact that the current incarnation of Trijang Rinpoche is still alive despite of obstacles faced, means that these obstacles will end sometimes in the near future.  After all nothing, including the ban is permanent. 

This is so true... and regardless of the chaos the Ban has created, Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche still continues his Dharma work. Now if there was no hope of the Ban being lifted... and no future for Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche to spread the Dharma... then obviously he would incarnate to a better time. So definitely there is hope, there is a reason for everything and why all this is happening and yet despite the traumas... more and more Dorje Shugden monasteries are appearing.

And also why would the previous H.H. Ganden Tripa Lungri Namgyel write an official letter confering upon Trijang Buddhist Institute the authority to represent and transmit the teachings of the Gelug order of Tibetan Buddhism in the United States. Thus authorized, Trijang Buddhist Institute is dedicated to preserving, representing, and transmitting the Buddhist teachings of the Gelug tradition. http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=241&cpage=1#comment-15

And if we dare say that the Gaden Tripa is wrong, then we might as well say that HHDL is also wrong as the previous 13th Dalai Lama who was a student of the then Gaden Tripa. Then in this case everyone is wrong, so why do we then trust any Lamas for that matter... http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=516.0   

Ensapa

• Email
Every single Gelug monk of our generation comes directly or indirectly from either Trijang Rinppche or Pabongkha Rinpoche, and so to say that either of these masters are wrong would be tantamount to saying that Gelugpa has degenerated and that nobody should be a Gelug as they are tainted by Dorje Shugden and because of that they are evil and they are not Buddhists. Sounds ridiculous?

As ridiculous as it may seem, some Buddhist schools advice their students that way. I have seen Nyigma and Sakya students say something like this in the now defunct esangha forum. The statements were later retracted, with the posters claiming that they did not realize the importance of these lamas to the Gelug. But who taught them to say those things? it was none other than their own lamas!

And HHDL wanted unity. What unity when everyone IS against Gelug secretly? Nobody wants to admit this directly but they tell their students that any lama whose lama and whose lama has received Dorje Shugden is tainted! what kind of talk is that if not to produce irrational fear against the Gelugs so that potential gelugs would go to their side? To me, this is blatant sectarianism but in a sneaky and disgusting way.

I am half glad that HHDL announced the ban to expose such stupid behavior amongst certain lamas who make such outrageous statements, but it has yet to be brought to light. Perhaps HHDL is baiting them to say these out in the open and then chide them to expose their true nature. I do not like this practice at all, but nobody except HHDL can do something about this and I feel that the ban is one of them.

Aurore

Usually, a national anthem is a representation of unity and harmony within the people. Its purpose is to evoke the country's struggles of the past, culture, beliefs, traditions and history. It is usually played during national festivals and holidays to inspire its citizens to honor their homeland with great joy and pride.

This national anthem by HH Trijang Rinpoche was most likely composed with the purpose to strengthen patriotic feelings of the Tibetan people. There was a report that states that the anthem was presented to the 14th Dalai Lama in the 1960s, after he went into exile. This clearly shows that Trijang Rinpoche cared for preserving one of the most important tradition in the Tibetan culture which is Buddhism. A reminder that with the lost of their country, one should not lose their beliefs. This is what I personally believe. As a composer of this anthem, Trijang Rinpoche is not some lame lama but a highly esteem lama of all times.

dsiluvu

The CTA was formerly headed by HH the Dalai Lama. Its Prime Minister was Samdhong Rinpoche, thought to be an emanation of Dorje Shugden and at the very least, he was a very strong Dorje Shugden practitioner.  While we may think that the CTA is stubborn and stupid for maintaining this ban, I cannot help but think that their following the Dalai Lama’s direction is part of the bigger picture too. The recent change of head from the Dalai Lama to Dr Lobsang Sangay IS a step in the right direction though and while we can all hope, request and beg the CTA to be more fair to Dorje Shugden practitioners, I think things may not change until firstly, that Dorje Shugden practitioners are harmonious and create the causes for the ban to be lifted and secondly, that Dorje Shugden himself decides the time is right.

This is one perspective I like and I do agree completely. If we really love Dorje Shugden and want the whole ban to be lifted, we should really practice what is most dear to DS. Working harmoniously and transformation of the mind. That would be far better then focusing on the unfairness of the whole situation. Instead of being negative about it which is probably what they are expecting from us, we should gain strength and fight back the right way by doing more.... spreading and educating about DS more to others. For one we can definitely promote this website all the wonderful things this site has to offer to make Dorje Shugden available to the world!

I cannot help but think if there was no ban and all was cozy and nice.... then Dorje Shugden monasteries and activities would never arise and be growing at the rate it is growing! In a positive light it has brought Dorje Shugden explosion to the world.   

Big Uncle

Within five years some high lamas have mentioned, the Shugden issue will resolve positively in favor of the Shugden practitioners which number into the millions around the world. I believe what the High lamas predict. :D Let's wait for that great day when the sun shines out from behind the clouds over the horizon of devoted practitioners.

Tk

How exciting! I am glad that it would be resolved so quickly! It is really nice and comforting to know this. I am dying to know which Lama came out with this prediction but then again, airing the Lama's name would be a dangerous thing to do. I also wonder what would happen at that time that would trigger the whole ban on Dorje Shugden to go down. Now, that should be a thread all on its own...

triesa

CTA's karma has caught up, now they are called the CTA not Tibetan Govt. More karma will arise for them. All the pains, confusion and hurt they have created with their infamous and unjust Shugden ban will return to them. Within five years some high lamas have mentioned, the Shugden issue will resolve positively in favor of the Shugden practitioners which number into the millions around the world. I believe what the High lamas predict. :D Let's wait for that great day when the sun shines out from behind the clouds over the horizon of devoted practitioners.

Tk

I cant wait till that day when the ban is lifted, I can't imagine the faces of  those anti-shugdenpas including those in CTA would look like when shugdenpas can walk with our heads up and do our practice openedly.

Even Trijang Rinpoche has predicted the conflict between Dorje Shugden and HH Dalai Lama and asked practitioners to be patient and not to lose faith in HH Dalai Lama or Dorje Shugden. There would be a silver lining after the storm.   

In the meantime, as practitioners, we should continue to promote harmony among ourselves and other practitioners and disseminate information in whichever ways we can.

I am hopeful of that day to come and telling myself to be patient and just do our part. I am sure Dorje Shugden will manifest conditions when the time is RIGHT!

Gabby Potter

Everyone knows about it, everyone knows about the truth so there's no point of feeling shameful or to hide. There's no need to be ashamed if you didn't do anything wrong, right?

christine V

• Email
Surprise that the National Anthem for Tibetan in exile is composed by H.H Trijang Rinpoche. I am more suprise that CTA can do anything to deny the truth facts once it is related to Dorje Shugden. CTA can just hide, lie etc just to imposed on this ban to get the best benefit they can. This included they do not even care on the suffering of the refugees with stay in same camp with them. All they want, is to gain control on their people.
Shame on CTA. By doing so, they have actually destroy the dharma.

angelica

How long one can hide the truth? There is a Chinese quote that said "You can't wrap fire in paper." One day, the truth will prevail.

Please stop lying and hiding the truth. Lift the ban.

Dondrup Shugden

Evidence that CTA is lying about who wrote the Tibetan National Anthem! I am not surprised as the Dalai Lama already said that His tutor Trijang Rinpoche is wrong about DS how can he be the author of the National Anthem.

CTA and Dalai Lama stop lying.  Let the truth prevail and lift the Ban.