Author Topic: Dorje Shugden at the mother monastery of Kyabje Zong Rinpoche!  (Read 5550 times)

Namdrol

• Email
This is the Dorje Shugden statue at  the mother monastery of Kyabje Zong Rinpoche: China Sichuan
Province, Garzê Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Derong County, Longrong Monastery

Longrong Monastery is the largest monastery in Derong County, one of the 13 major monasteries of the Yellow Sect of Tibetan Buddhism in the Kham Area. It occupies about 10 hectares of land and houses 500 monks and 10,000 volumes of Buddhist scriptures. Its followers can be found in all the 12 townships of Derong. Each year, during the Tibetan New Year, the monastery holds the Sorcerers' Dance ceremony to drive away evil spirits, eliminate disasters and pray for good fortune. Tens of thousands of people from around come to attend the ceremony which goes on for three days and nights.

Manjushri

Re: Dorje Shugden at the mother monastery of Kyabje Zong Rinpoche!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »
Wow, Longrong Monastery is beautiful! I love how the monastery is located on different gradient levels on the hills.. kinda reminds me of Ibiza... and Gaden Monastery in Tibet. Love the lush greenery surrounding the monastery. I am glad to know that thousands of people from the surrounding districts come to celebrate and participate in the ceremonies during Losar, and all getting the blessings of Dorje Shugden!

Also I realised in the picture of the holy statue, on top of the golden domed hat that Dorje Shugden is wearing sits Lama Tsongkhapa. It's the first time I've seen a statue of Dorje Shugden like this, in fact, the first time I've seen any statue, with Lama Tsongkhapa sitting in a moon disc on top of the yidam/protector. It's nice. I've seen it in Thangkas before, but not on statues. Is there any meaning to it, may I know? Is it for representation of the lineage?

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 06:26:30 PM »
I have been to China a few times previously for work and  I always will take any opportunities to visit monasteries while I am there. I will definitelly keep this place under the list of places to visit in the future.

It is amazing how Shugden has spread in China so massively in certain areas. The Shugden statues are getting bigger in certain monateries, the government are subsidising the monasteries which practices Shugden, some of them has been turn into major tourist attractions and most of all, the government in China are starting to give permits to high lamas who are Shugden practioners to visit China. I see all these as a very good sign for the practice to grow NO MATTER what the small village CTA says or do.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 03:23:14 PM »
Wow, Longrong Monastery is beautiful! I love how the monastery is located on different gradient levels on the hills.. kinda reminds me of Ibiza... and Gaden Monastery in Tibet. Love the lush greenery surrounding the monastery. I am glad to know that thousands of people from the surrounding districts come to celebrate and participate in the ceremonies during Losar, and all getting the blessings of Dorje Shugden!

Also I realised in the picture of the holy statue, on top of the golden domed hat that Dorje Shugden is wearing sits Lama Tsongkhapa. It's the first time I've seen a statue of Dorje Shugden like this, in fact, the first time I've seen any statue, with Lama Tsongkhapa sitting in a moon disc on top of the yidam/protector. It's nice. I've seen it in Thangkas before, but not on statues. Is there any meaning to it, may I know? Is it for representation of the lineage?

Lama Tsongkhapa is the father, lord and founder of the Ganden tradition. This stainless tradition which is praised as refined gold was due to the kindness of Je Tsongkhapa. As Dorje Shugden arose due to the fact that he made a vow to arise as a protector who is uncommon to the Gaden tradition, Dorje Shugden is always depicted with his Guru-Yidam who is Lama Tsongkhapa above his head.

This is a very common practice in Tibetan Buddhism. We are always taught to act and practice with faith in our Gurus who are a sole source of refuge and inspiration. It is also due to the kindness and blessings of the Guru, we are who we are today. Likewise with Dorje Shugden, when we have an image of the protector depicted with His Guru, we pay homage not only to the protector but to the entire lineage which is represented by Lama Tsongkhapa!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Galen

• Email
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 04:54:28 PM »
Again, China is promoting Buddhism through all means including building monasteries which previously were destroyed or in dire straits. If you notice, they are supporting the monasteries which prays to Dorje Shugden. Is this a strategy for them to go against the Dalai Lama? I think so.

This monastery is beautiful and the statue of Dorje Shugden is majestic. Like what Manjushri said, this is also the first time I see a Dorje Shugden statue with Lama Tsongkapa at the top of the hat. Thank you to Harry ffor the explanation. It is very true that the guru is utmost important in the Tibetan tradition and it no less importatn to Dharma protectors too. Very nice that Lama Tsongkapa is depicted with the statue.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 10:11:47 AM »
Thanks Namdrol for sharing these beautiful photographs of Longrong Monastery in China. It is definitely very beautiful and the surrounding is so pristine. I can only imagine every year during the Tibetan New Year all the sounds and colors this annual festival would attract. I am so impressed that within those holy stone walls contain such a vast  volumes of the holy words of Buddha.  Now I am so inspired to make a trip to this monastery for a pilgrimage journey. :)

icy

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 02:22:41 PM »
This is indeed a fantastic news of  Longrong Monastery in China formerly Tibet.  As can be seen Dorje Shugden is striving robustly in the region of Kham which the Chinese government is encouraging the practice not only for tourism but also to taut Dalai Lama.  This is definitely the mastermind and work of the Dalai Lama who conjures the controversies of DS to ensure it does not die off but remains in China and on this planet earth to benefit mankind until the end of samasara. ;D

lotus1

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 06:07:50 PM »
Thank you Namdrol for sharing the photos Longrong Monastery in China. Rejoice to see that the practice of Dorje Shugden is blossoming in China despite the ban. These pictures are also showing us the evident that Dorje Shugden is not an evil spirits as it is practiced in the mother Monastery of Kyabje Zong Rinpoche. 

Yes, first time I saw Lama Tsongkhapa above the head of Dorje Shugden and thanks to Harry Nephew for explaining to it.

Would love to have a chance to visit during Losar and be blessed by Dorje Shugden Sorcerers’ Dance ceremony.  ;)

Carpenter

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 03:45:31 AM »
Wow, this monastery and its location is beautiful, how I wish I can stay there.

It is very nice to see or hear Dorje Shugden’s monastery or practitioner doing good and benefitting people in the area around. People say Dorje Shugden are devil, but I never see this Devil harm anyone, in fact, the cases that I heard Dorje Shugden help many people, there is a lot, a lot.

Zong Rinpoche has been relying on Dorje Shugden for his accomplishment in his life. I got this from
http://www.dorjeshugden.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=289&catid=43&Itemid=95

His Holiness Kyabje Zong Rinpoche (1904-1984) was born in Kham, Tibet, studied at Ganden Monastery, gained renown as a learned Geshe and great debater and served as abbot for nine years. He left Tibet for India in 1959 and later served as principal of the Institute for Higher Tibetan Studies in Sarnath. Like his dear friend Trijang Rinpoche, he was a great teacher and exponent of the benefits of Wisdom Buddha Dorje Shugden practice. At the end of his life, he held a week of pujas in which he stated very clearly and publicly that his whole life's work was accomplished through his sincere reliance on Dorje Shugden.