Author Topic: His Holiness shares his thought on building a positive world  (Read 3525 times)

Positive Change

His Holiness shares his thought on building a positive world
« on: April 29, 2012, 05:59:18 PM »
Another interesting article from HHDL Tour: http://www.dalailama.com/news/post/789-his-holiness-shares-his-thought-on-building-a-positive-world

I love following and sharing these articles on HHDL... It makes me ponder and wonder what HHDL is doing next. What HHDL says and and his actions have to culminate towards a goal. What is that i wonder?

What I found interesting to the article here is the following:

His Holiness said that the Tibetan struggle is for the rights of the Tibetan people. He recalled how one Chinese official told a Tibetan delegation that included Kasur P.T. Takla, His Holiness’ younger brother Lobsang Samten, and Kasur Juchen Thubten Namgyal, that the Tibetan struggle was dependent on just one individual and that when he was gone that is the end.  His Holiness said the situation is not like this.  He said that with the recent development the democratically elected leadership has assumed full political authority. He said Kalon Tripa Lobsang Sangay has been good in assuming his responsibility and seems to be planning ahead.

His Holiness said the new generation of Tibetans in exile, including those in Canada, has great determination and sincerity.  Those younger generations of Tibetans in Tibet, even though they grew up under the Chinese Communist Party, have great courage and sincerity.

His Holiness said he told some friends that the Tibetan spirit is derived from Buddhism, which is more than 2000 years old, and is also gaining increasing attention.  On the other hand, the Chinese Communist Party is based on Marxism, which is around 200 years old and its image is getting worse day by day.  Therefore, Tibetan spirit will outlive the Chinese Communist Party.

President Hu Jintao has talked about a harmonious society, which is great, said His Holiness adding that for harmony trust was needed, which in turn is generated by equality. He said that it is a matter of time before changes occur in China.

More and more HHDL distances himself from politics, always clearly indicating who is "in-charge" of the strenuous role. Another interesting point HHDL made with regards to the Tibetan Spirit was the association to Buddism and the difference to the Chinese Communist Party all in relation to surviving the test of time!

Big Uncle

Re: His Holiness shares his thought on building a positive world
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 10:51:43 AM »
I agree with His Holiness. He makes a lot of sense in this but I read that he is talking about Buddhism. There's a huge difference between the survival of Tibetan Buddhism (which is certain) and the Tibetan independence. I feel that if Dr Lobsang Sangye doesn't play his role well, the CTA's future is doomed. On the other hand, thanks to His Holiness great works, he has made his name and Buddhism synonymous the world over and has firmly planted Dorje Shugden's name all over the world.

However, his work to have an autonomous Tibetan state under Chinese rule has reached stalemate and very little have progressed since then. If Dr Lobsang Sangye is serious about his role, he should be looking in ways to promote CTA to the world and especially to China. What's the point of remaining as an administration of a a bunch of exiled people (that is not really united due to the ban). I think it would be good if Dr Lobsang Sangye and his colleagues to start thinking big and 'differently' in order to reach its real goals. That's unless they wish to remain the same and risk losing everything as China's might grows.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 10:28:37 AM »
I agree with His Holiness. He makes a lot of sense in this but I read that he is talking about Buddhism. There's a huge difference between the survival of Tibetan Buddhism (which is certain) and the Tibetan independence. I feel that if Dr Lobsang Sangye doesn't play his role well, the CTA's future is doomed. On the other hand, thanks to His Holiness great works, he has made his name and Buddhism synonymous the world over and has firmly planted Dorje Shugden's name all over the world.

I disagree. The survival of Tibetan Buddhism isnt certain on a few counts:

• 1. a necessary requirement of survival is following the crux of the teachigns which is harmony. Does the situation look harmonious at the moment, as were discriminated against for our practices which have an authentic lineage?
  • its already been predicted by Buddha himself that his Dharma will eventually disappear...
  • 3. ...which brings us to point #3 - impermanence. Nothing lasts forever :P

So no I dont think the future survival of Tibetan Buddhism is guaranteed. You can already see degeneration of vows when monks and nuns argue with one another, use swear words, etc and generally encourage schism amongst themselves. Just check out the Dorje Shugden Facebook page for the perfect example. Apparently the only insults many Tibetans know are f*** and s*** or variations of such.

Klein

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 11:48:45 AM »
I think what HHDL is trying to say is that our actions that are based on Buddhist teachings are more long lasting. Perhaps HHDL is planting seeds in the Chinese Government's mind that thoughts and actions based on Buddhism is better.

It's also very clear that HHDL is now speaking from a spiritual point of view and no longer a politician. I feel that HHDL is rebranding himself to be a spiritual person only. The transition will take time. Perhaps he's gearing towards the lifting of the ban of dorje shugden practice.

Anyways, we're in no position to judge the sangha. The truth will unveil with time. If we believe HHDL to be the emanation of Chenresig, isn't it foolish of us to doubt his actions?

Barzin

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 01:04:12 PM »
I am also thinking that if the CTA don't perform there is no use to even talk about Tibetans' qualities.   It is not that Tibetans have no qualities but the government has allowed its people to reach this very stage.  His Holiness has been serving the country tirelessly for so long, if it is not for His Holiness, Tibet will remain just Tibet.  Now Tibet in the Western world, in fact I dare say the whole world that Tibet represents Peace, harmony and spiritualism.  Thanks to His Holiness.  And i agree that His Holiness is a monk, and he is definitely doing his duty to spread peace instead of politics.  I am glad that His Holiness is staying away from politics now and talking more about spirituality.  I would say that if it's not for His Holiness well thought out plan to save Tibet and the world, he wouldn't step into politics and even the ban.  The CTA should really see the bigger picture now and really think for its people.  It is sad that the people are divided and not united.  I hope the current Prime Minister will do something but for now nothing from his side.  We shall see what will happened next to CTA.