Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Chakra vs Dorje Shugden Crystal  (Read 9046 times)

DharmaSpace

Dorje Shugden Chakra vs Dorje Shugden Crystal
« on: July 22, 2012, 02:58:36 PM »
Both the products below protect and overcome negative spirits or energy. So if I could only pick up one what would you recommend? The crystal looks more cool though :) .

http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/dorje-shugden-sacred-chakra.html
http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/dorje-shugden-heart-crystal.html

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Dorje Shugden Chakra vs Dorje Shugden Crystal
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 03:45:27 PM »
Are the protective powers of both these items interchangeable or equal? I had thought that these two items or the pendant would give the same blessings or protection. Aren’t these three simply different representations of Dorje Shugden’s energy?

Although if the heart crystal is given as part of the sogtae, I would imagine that it would be more powerful. In this case though, inviting the heart crystal home from the online store would not be part of any empowerment so my opinion is that it would be the same. That’s my penny’s worth anyhow.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DharmaDefender

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 05:31:45 PM »
Prefer the heart crystal myself. I think it looks cooler...but honestly speaking, I like both because with either one, if I carry it, no one is going to know who it is protecting me haha unless I run into a Tibetan of course

Having said that, I still think the best protection from obstacles is a belief in karma. For example, Dorje Shugden didnt have the karma to be killed because hes a Buddha, and Buddhas dont have karma or suffer from karma... so the Mindroling Lamas couldnt kill him with thier pujas.

So conclusion? If you live your life by the rules of karma, your life will be less rubbish in general. Just saying.

Btw WB, that kind of reminds me - maybe the chakra is the speech aspect of his energy, because it contains written mantras inside? And the crystal is the mind aspect? But Im pulling that one out of thin air, I have no basis to say that!!

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 06:03:12 PM »
I wouldn't say that one is better than the other - but if I had to choose, it'd be the Dorje Shugden heart crystal.

I looked back to the older posts and saw this written by WisdomBeing:

"The crystal of the Supreme Protector, For inner peace and world peace. On each face of the jewel is engraved a syllable of the mantra that vibrates the energy of the Protector of the Peace of the World, a particularly rapid and effective manifestation of the wisdom of all Buddhas. It helps to develop the wonderful quality of inner peace in the world and project it. "Inner peace is the cause, the result of world peace.""

This was written by beggar:

"I believe it is symbolic of a very sacred bond (a heart connection?) you create by accepting Dorje Shugden's practice and being committed to it for the rest of your life; simultaneously, of course, you receive the supreme protection of Dorje Shugden until you are enlightened. "

So I assume that a heart crystal stands for something more powerful and symbolic as compared to a chakra. Why? Because it is given from a Guru to his student after they have received the DS empowerment (sogtae). It symbolizes that the student will be protected from all inner and outer obstacles, and never be apart from the protector and Dharma until one is released from samsara. It will protect and remind us of our spiritual bond with Dorje Shugden/ the Dharma.

Hopefully, 1 heart crystal is all we need  ;D

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 04:05:35 PM »
I actually have both items and I am loving them both. They go click clack around my neck at times, but otherwise, both serve as a very powerful reminder to who my protector is. I felt a strong yearning for the crystal so i invited one, even though i already have the chakra prior, as a gift from my precious Dharma sister. The crystal is solid and transparent and reminds me about Dorje Shugden's true nature as well as his resolve to benefit others. The chakra contains his protective energies and blessings which i can feel on a day- to day basis. For me, having these items to remind me that he is always around is very important to me as i tend to feel alone most of the time and when that happens i tend to lose control of myself and do all kinds of negativities. The amulets serve as a very strong reminder that I am now under his care and protection and should really behave myself and that there is no more need to harm myself. Therefore to me, both are equally important and holy items.

Later I found out through a post in this forum, that these 2 items are given to practitioners who receive the sogtae, to be kept for life. I was somewhat shocked as I have no idea at all.

Big Uncle

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 06:44:29 PM »
It depends if either of the chakra or the crystal is consecrated or not. I think I would prefer the crystal because it is highly symbolic to be the heart of Dorje Shugden and it is given out when one has received the empowerment of Dorje Shugden. The chakra is very decorative and it is almost always consecrated when the monks make them. Also, i believe the ones from this website were definitely made by monks. I am torn by the two but I will definitely choose the heart crystal.

thor

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 11:32:11 PM »
To me, the crystal is symbolic of the promise and connection that the practitioner has with Dorje shugden and his guru. I have not received the sogtae, so I would not know the real significance, but this is what I understand from reading.

I am sure the crystal has its protective powers, but usually, one is unable to get it without going through the sogtae. So to be able to purchase this through the online store is extremely rare. I have also heard that one should put the heart crystal on one's altar and make offerings, to create the causes to receive the sogtae in future,

The chakra on the other hand, is made to give protection and blessings to the wearer. Everything from its contents, to the materials, to the method to the prayers recited is all about protection. I would recommend the chakra as a general purpose protection against spirits and black magic.

Aurore

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 01:48:21 AM »
I would say that the crystal would have more powers if one received sogtae from his/her guru because how protected one is, is dependent on one's practice. So if one received the empowerment, one's must have been committed in their practice to be able to receive it. Being committed, keeping guru samaya itself is a protection.

Of course, people do slip, so if you need protection from spirits and negative energy, then i would suggest you go for the chakra. If you wish to create the causes for future empowerment, then get the heart crystal. I am so getting the crystal.  ;D

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 09:33:36 AM »
Both the products below protect and overcome negative spirits or energy. So if I could only pick up one what would you recommend? The crystal looks more cool though :) .

http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/dorje-shugden-sacred-chakra.html
http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/dorje-shugden-heart-crystal.html

If I were you I would have both. Any image or representation of an Enlightened Being should not be compared. But I understand your question. Slowly build up your collection of Dorje Shugden images and representations. Maybe you should also have a statue or thangka too. :) From the Online Shop, of course.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 12:32:38 PM »
I would say that the crystal would have more powers if one received sogtae from his/her guru because how protected one is, is dependent on one's practice. So if one received the empowerment, one's must have been committed in their practice to be able to receive it. Being committed, keeping guru samaya itself is a protection.

Of course, people do slip, so if you need protection from spirits and negative energy, then i would suggest you go for the chakra. If you wish to create the causes for future empowerment, then get the heart crystal. I am so getting the crystal.  ;D

Surely either way, you still plant the seeds to receive the empowerment since its Dorje Shugdens energy in the chakra and crystal? And surely since the crystal helps you to create causes for empowerment, it also protects you from harm?

Tammy

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 04:05:02 PM »
Personally I prefer the crystal pandentj better, don't really fancy chakra because it don't look as solid as crystal. But then again why stop at one!? Just get both !!
Down with the BAN!!!

Rihanna

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 04:30:05 PM »
DEFINITELY this crystal pendant for me! What a fashion statement with blessings all in one. And only USD20! This would make a nice Christmas gift for my friends. Yes any relic is a blessing but during such degenerate times, something like this would attract more attention and what a skillful way to plant seeds of enlightenment in them.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 04:50:13 PM »
Both of them are also good. Depends on your preference. Of course the Heart crystal is rarer and sacred. So, better get your hands on it before they ran out of it. I also heard that the Chakra is hand made by the monks in the monastery, therefore very holy. Both of the amulets are for protection, if you can get both of them.

Below is a previous forum post on DS HEart Crystal:
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1368.msg17635#msg17635

diablo1974

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 05:01:20 PM »
i like the crystal. i perspire quite a bit so i am thinking the crystal suits me bettter...but of course the cakra is lighter. and wont protrude through your shirt when you wear around your neck.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 06:22:19 PM »
I may be going out of context on this article, but I like the pendants from Vajrasecrets.com. best.  They are cool and elegant.

Go have a look at the latest editions.

All Dorje Shugden articles offers high protection as He is the King of all Protectors for our time.