Author Topic: Lies spread against Dorje Shugden practitioners by the CTA  (Read 7111 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Lies spread against Dorje Shugden practitioners by the CTA
« on: August 02, 2012, 11:15:44 AM »
I have found some really ridiculous accusations by the CTA on Dorje Shugden practitioners. This is from a document that was used by the CTA to apply for amnesty from UNCHR. It was an independent research/interview conducted by an Australian body. What I find sad is the bribed/biased journalist that accused Dorje Shugden practitioners of leaving death threats to the Dalai Lama when there is no solid proof of it, and it was quoted in the article as a fact. Someone should really, really revise the document.

Nice to see CTA creating the causes for their downfall, and putting in more obstacles for their goal of a free Tibet.

5. What is Dorje Shugden worship and why was it banned by the Dalai Lama? 
6. Is there any evidence of tension and/or violence between the Dorje Shugden
supporters and other Buddhist worshippers in Dharamsala. How would the authorities
respond to such violence?
Dorje Shugden is a controversial deity within Himalayan Buddhism. He is primarily
associated with two influential lamas of the Gelugpa school of Tibet, Pabongka Rinpoche and
Trijang Rinpoche. The Dalai Lama is the current head of the Gelugpa sect. Dorje Shugden is
viewed by some as a protector and by others, including the Dalai Lama, as an ‘evil and
malevolent force’. In 1996, the Dalai Lama disassociated himself from worshippers of Dorje
Shugden. This action provoked a London-based group called the Shugden Supporters
Community (SSC) to stage demonstrations in London claiming ‘religious persecution by the
Dalai Lama’. In February 1997, three Tibetan Buddhist monks opposed to Shugden-worship
were brutally murdered in Dharamsala. It was widely held that the perpetrators were monks
loyal to Shugden (‘Dorje Shugden’ 2006, Wikipedia website, 24 November
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shugden – Accessed 20 December 2006 – Attachment 8; ‘The da
vinci Codes’ 2006, Hindustan Times, 20 May – Attachment 9).
On 16 October 2002, the South China Morning Post reported the displaying of posters
‘threatening to kill the Dalai Lama’ near Dharamsala. The police responded by allegedly
‘stepping up security around the exiled leader’, and suspected the posters were created by
followers of Dorje Shugden (Dhillon, A. 2002, ‘Dalai Lama death threats laid at door of
dissident cult’, South China Morning Post, 16 October – Attachment 10)

http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/pdfid/4b6fe2250.pdf

kris

Re: Lies spread against Dorje Shugden practitioners by the CTA
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 02:13:17 PM »
CTA has been under a lot of pressures from all angles, one of the most difficult angle is that they do not allow their people freedom of religion practices. No matter how you look at it, stopping one from practicing Dorje Shugden does not look good to the world, further more, they are denying basic necessities of these practitioners.

If I am CTA and under such pressure, of course I will want to retaliate and I can't fight from a religion freedom angle, so I would fight from the terrorism angle..  I think this is what just we see here... :(

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 03:51:56 PM »
What else is new?

Barzin

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 06:57:31 PM »
hmmm...  This is rather interesting.  I begin to wonder does CTA's work only revolves around the ban?  Since the ban until now, I suppose they have already have the ability to come up with something concrete to really put their foot down on the ban.  But how come the practice is growing stronger?  Perhaps there is something that His Holiness is not telling them - the truth.    How silly it is as a government body to focus on religious matter and it takes years to fight for something that they themselves not even sure of.  What a shame really.  But i would say keep doing that, just like what Dalai Lama did, any bad press is good publicity.  It is just free advert to let people to find the truth.

diamond girl

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 07:14:53 PM »
Here we go again... I think that the CTA should engage a Publicist or some communications person to help them with their public communication before they really burn and go up in flames. Many governments have communications teams to ensure they do not make fools of themselves. Then again, how does one help a legislative body which keeps putting their foot, feet actually, in their mouth?  :-\

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 12:40:56 PM »
CTA has been under a lot of pressures from all angles, one of the most difficult angle is that they do not allow their people freedom of religion practices. No matter how you look at it, stopping one from practicing Dorje Shugden does not look good to the world, further more, they are denying basic necessities of these practitioners.
I dont think that CTA is under that much pressure. All they have to do is to speak up and ask the Dalai Lama for reasons in a polite way, and HHDL would be more than happy to lift the ban as HHDL seems to respond positively when he heard that there are many Dorje Shugden practitioners in Hong Kong and Singapore. He seems to be waiting for more Dorje Shugden practitioners to speak up before he actually lifts the ban. Therefore we have to speak up but without demonizing anyone and keep our vows and samaya clean at the same time.

If I am CTA and under such pressure, of course I will want to retaliate and I can't fight from a religion freedom angle, so I would fight from the terrorism angle..  I think this is what just we see here... :(
If they carried out Buddhist principles from the start, I dont think so that they would need to fight for anything in the first place. They would have gained China's respect without that much problems and fuss,but sadly they choose to do the opposite and stir up even more issues, pain and problems for themselves. If this carries on, they will eventually implode from their own negativities...

Pressure or not, having to result to lies to get a point across is definitely not a Buddhist thing to do. Even from samsaric terms, using misinformation to convince others is a very dishonorable act that will cause others to lose respect for them and once caught, they are never given a second chance. Look at all the companies like Enron who falsify their records just to look good: they get closed down when found out. If people find out about the lies that CTA has sprouted, they will be even further away from their cause as everyone will abandon them. They better come clean before that happens.

spikyeddie

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 01:07:57 PM »
I have found some really ridiculous accusations by the CTA on Dorje Shugden practitioners. This is from a document that was used by the CTA to apply for amnesty from UNCHR. It was an independent research/interview conducted by an Australian body. What I find sad is the bribed/biased journalist that accused Dorje Shugden practitioners of leaving death threats to the Dalai Lama when there is no solid proof of it, and it was quoted in the article as a fact. Someone should really, really revise the document.

Nice to see CTA creating the causes for their downfall, and putting in more obstacles for their goal of a free Tibet.

5. What is Dorje Shugden worship and why was it banned by the Dalai Lama? 
6. Is there any evidence of tension and/or violence between the Dorje Shugden
supporters and other Buddhist worshippers in Dharamsala. How would the authorities
respond to such violence?
Dorje Shugden is a controversial deity within Himalayan Buddhism. He is primarily
associated with two influential lamas of the Gelugpa school of Tibet, Pabongka Rinpoche and
Trijang Rinpoche. The Dalai Lama is the current head of the Gelugpa sect. Dorje Shugden is
viewed by some as a protector and by others, including the Dalai Lama, as an ‘evil and
malevolent force’. In 1996, the Dalai Lama disassociated himself from worshippers of Dorje
Shugden. This action provoked a London-based group called the Shugden Supporters
Community (SSC) to stage demonstrations in London claiming ‘religious persecution by the
Dalai Lama’. In February 1997, three Tibetan Buddhist monks opposed to Shugden-worship
were brutally murdered in Dharamsala. It was widely held that the perpetrators were monks
loyal to Shugden (‘Dorje Shugden’ 2006, Wikipedia website, 24 November
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shugden – Accessed 20 December 2006 – Attachment 8; ‘The da
vinci Codes’ 2006, Hindustan Times, 20 May – Attachment 9).
On 16 October 2002, the South China Morning Post reported the displaying of posters
‘threatening to kill the Dalai Lama’ near Dharamsala. The police responded by allegedly
‘stepping up security around the exiled leader’, and suspected the posters were created by
followers of Dorje Shugden (Dhillon, A. 2002, ‘Dalai Lama death threats laid at door of
dissident cult’, South China Morning Post, 16 October – Attachment 10)

http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/pdfid/4b6fe2250.pdf

Isn't Ganden Tripa the head of Gelugpa all along? Now they seemed to be confused among themselves of what's truth and what's not.

dsiluvu

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 08:08:55 PM »
The Dalai Lama is the current head of the Gelugpa sect. Dorje Shugden is
malevolent force’.

Since when is the Dalai Lama the head of the Gelugpa sect??? If they cannot even get this fact right then what is the point is spewing and spinning twisted facts that we can easily google. The reporter who wrote this obviously is someone not well versed and desperate to get another gossip column out - embarrassing!

All he needed to do was look up wiki since he could give us the link to more twisted facts! [sigh]

The Ganden Tripa or Gaden Tripa (tib. dGa’-ldan Khri-pa) ("Holder of the Ganden Throne") is the title of the spiritual leader of the Gelug (Dge-lugs) school of Tibetan Buddhism, the school which controlled central Tibet from the mid-17th century until 1950s. He is identical with the respective abbot of Ganden Monastery. The present head of the Gelugpa order....

CTA must be running out of ideas.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 02:39:49 AM »

Since when is the Dalai Lama the head of the Gelugpa sect??? If they cannot even get this fact right then what is the point is spewing and spinning twisted facts that we can easily google. The reporter who wrote this obviously is someone not well versed and desperate to get another gossip column out - embarrassing!

All he needed to do was look up wiki since he could give us the link to more twisted facts! [sigh]

The Ganden Tripa or Gaden Tripa (tib. dGa’-ldan Khri-pa) ("Holder of the Ganden Throne") is the title of the spiritual leader of the Gelug (Dge-lugs) school of Tibetan Buddhism, the school which controlled central Tibet from the mid-17th century until 1950s. He is identical with the respective abbot of Ganden Monastery. The present head of the Gelugpa order....

I think we've been trying to address this for the longest time. The Gaden Tripas have been a "puppet" of the CTA for as long as they were booted out from their homeland. It does not carry the same weight and meaning as it was intended to be by the Great Jamgon Tsongkhapa.

Thinking deeper, we practitioners of the Yellow Hat school have been stripped of a spiritual leader whom at times most of us do not know of His existence. The Gaden Tripa's presence in the worldwide Gelug view is usually overshadowed by the Dalai Lama.

It is only through proper re-education of the Gelug lineage that we can bring this to the fore front of the progress of the Gelug lineage. This is to help sustain and maintain and preserve our lineage.
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 05:05:29 AM »
The Dalai Lama is the current head of the Gelugpa sect. Dorje Shugden is
malevolent force’.

You know what I find very interesting about this factual mistake? It is that it was supposed to be conducted by an independent australian group who is supposed to be good at what they do but instead they end up with things like this: inaccurate facts. Can we petition that this report be rendered invalid because it is clear that this report is not done by 'experts' which it was supposed to be done with, but with people who have clearly not done their research at all and depend on popular culture and opinion to form their facts and reports which may not be accurate at all. I am surprised that a supposedly reputable body can come up with such a simple mistake that they would have found out if they actually took the time to check their facts again, there are so many websites out there even that talks about the Ganden Tripa and who he is, and what is the Dalai Lama's actual role in Tibet but yet they choose this definition?

It could be that this research paper was done half heartedly, or that the researchers themselves were bribed by the CTA or by the US govt to write what they are supposed to write and not anything else. Perhaps we can all write in emails to the UN saying that this report is invalid as it contains factual errors? If it contains factual errors, what guarantee is there that rest of the report is well researched and has concrete facts?

Gabby Potter

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 08:12:24 PM »
These peoples' thinking is so twisted. Can you imagine the amount of bad karma they have been collecting throughout these years? When you do not have faith in someone else's religion or practise, just please keep quiet and don't create schisms, do not damage other peoples' religious practise, it's not correct.

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 04:31:56 AM »
I smell something "fishy" in the article written by the writer. If the writer has done his or her research, facts and evidence would have been presented clearly, unless the article was "twisted" and seek to "manipulate" the facts to deceive the readers.

There you go. It was written to be "deceptive" with a motive to cover our eyes with dishonest truth.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 01:54:48 PM »
"I think we've been trying to address this for the longest time. The Gaden Tripas have been a "puppet" of the CTA for as long as they were booted out from their homeland. It does not carry the same weight and meaning as it was intended to be by the Great Jamgon Tsongkhapa.

Thinking deeper, we practitioners of the Yellow Hat school have been stripped of a spiritual leader whom at times most of us do not know of His existence. The Gaden Tripa's presence in the worldwide Gelug view is usually overshadowed by the Dalai Lama.

It is only through proper re-education of the Gelug lineage that we can bring this to the fore front of the progress of the Gelug lineage. This is to help sustain and maintain and preserve our lineage." Post of Harrynephew

While reading the above, and as a Gelugpa, I suddenly realised how much I have not paid attention to the real leader of the Gelug sect.  It is the Gaden Tripa.

It is also true that the 101st Gaden Tripa on his retirement joined Shar Gaden and is a Shugden Lama.

As a matter of fact with the great PR machine of the Dalai Lama, all High Lamas had be sidetracked to oblivion.

What a shame.